New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Friends,

The family is planning to acquire a new vehicle before the year 2015 ends or in the first quarter of 2016.

With hope, this would be the first time that me and my family would be buying an automatic (AT).
    Marami na rin kaming napagdaang vehicles, but all have been manual transmission (MT)
    e.g., several four-door sedans, a 2-door car, a Hi-Lux pick up, and an L300 FB.

We are currently looking at AUVs and SUVs - dito kasi kasya kami sabay-sabay (7 family members in all).
    And amidst all the beautiful vehicles on the market right now,
    we have narrowed down our choices to the 2015 Montero GLX AT and Isuzu Crosswind XUV AT.
    The thought of possibly buying a second-hand version of either one also comes to mind.

The vehicle would be mainly used sa pagsundo at paghatid ng mga kids to their schools and workplaces,
    i.e., from Sucat to Pasay City and Makati City areas.

We are hoping for your kind thoughts on the pros and cons (if any) between the two vehicles,
    suggestions, and/or inputs.

Thank you very much, friends.

AnitoKid

2. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Sir ayaw nyo po mux?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    In all honesty, we haven't thought about that one.
    Will look at its specs online.

Thank you.

AK

Quote Originally Posted by kendrichgo View Post
    Sir ayaw nyo po mux?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In all honesty, we haven't thought about that one.
    Will look at its specs online.

Thank you.

AK

Quote Originally Posted by kendrichgo View Post
    Sir ayaw nyo po mux?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    XUV AT can easily accomodate 9 people with comfort, 2 front, 3 middle seats and 4 at the back. it is also known for its durable, easy to fix (no computer box, complicated electronics system) and fuel efficient old-school engine, the 4ja1. with proper maintenance, it can serve you for a lifetime. downside is a noisy engine which others view as underpowered at around 87 HP compared to other AUVs in the market today. i may be bias towards isuzu AUVs as i am a consistent crosswind owner. my wife had an innova and an adventure once, but we prefer crosswind because of its reliability and fuel efficiency. i cant say about montero for i dont have one. i drove my cousin's montero, but always worried about that sudden acceleration thing they had been talking about.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by AnitoKid View Post
    Friends,

The family is planning to acquire a new vehicle before the year 2015 ends or in the first quarter of 2016.

With hope, this would be the first time that me and my family would be buying an automatic (AT).
    Marami na rin kaming napagdaang vehicles, but all have been manual transmission (MT)

We are currently looking at AUVs and SUVs - dito kasi kasya kami sabay-sabay (7 family members in all).
    we have narrowed down our choices to the 2015 Montero GLX AT and Isuzu Crosswind XUV AT.
    The thought of possibly buying a second-hand version of either one also comes to mind.

The vehicle would be mainly used sa pagsundo at paghatid ng mga kids to their schools and workplaces,

We are hoping for your kind thoughts on the pros and cons (if any) between the two vehicles,

AnitoKid
    For a 1.2M-1.3M budget, those are typical choices.

Though you just don't discount the Innova G/V, the gas Fortuner, and yes, the MUx. And seriously, the Crosswind gets beat by 20 horses or more by the newer cars. With a full load, that difference really counts.

Take your time and check every one out before deciding. Happy hunting!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thank you, Shelu!

Is your Crosswind an AUV?

I was able to drive from Manila to Baguio City using an Isuzu Crosswind AT and MT (separate occasions - 2009 and 2010).
    I was really impressed with its performance,

AK

Quote Originally Posted by shelu View Post
    XUV AT can easily accomodate 9 people with comfort, 2 front, 3 middle seats and 4 at the back. it is also known for its durable, easy to fix (no computer box, complicated electronics system) and fuel efficient old-school engine, the 4ja1. with proper maintenance, it can serve you for a lifetime. downside is a noisy engine which others view as underpowered at around 87 HP compared to other AUVs in the market today. i may be bias towards isuzu AUVs as i am a consistent crosswind owner. my wife had an innova and an adventure once, but we prefer crosswind because of its reliability and fuel efficiency. i cant say about montero for i dont have one. i drove my cousin's montero, but always worried about that sudden acceleration thing they had been talking about.
    Last edited by AnitoKid; June 27th, 2015 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Double post

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AnitoKid View Post
    Friends,

AnitoKid
    I'd get the MS anytime of the day. Fuel efficient naman yan kasi new engine tech. Easy to maintain has that added height for floods. Maintenance is on par din naman with AUV's and it rides better than the corsswind..

I'd also reco the Innova rather than the Crosswind. Sobrang outdated na yan like the Adventure imho.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thank you for your advice, Newcomer123.

We are really taking our time with this one.
    As me and the Mrs. are not getting any younger,
    we have "limited" our budget in that range and to diesel/AT models.

We really wish to spend our hard-earned money on something that would be perfect for our needs,
    i.e., use and applications, maintenance concerns, and fuel consumption. Don't we all?

I saw an Innova V - and I must say that the interior and Captain Seats in the first and 2nd rows are lovely!
    A concern though is the clearance, e.g., possible concerns and worries about going through flooded streets
    during the rainy season.

AK

Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer123 View Post
    For a 1.2M-1.3M budget, those are typical choices.

Though you just don't discount the Innova G/V, the gas Fortuner, and yes, the MUx. And seriously, the Crosswind gets beat by 20 horses or more by the newer cars. With a full load, that difference really counts.

Take your time and check every one out before deciding. Happy hunting!
    Last edited by AnitoKid; June 27th, 2015 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Double post

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thank you, Ry_Tower!

I have been catching up on threads and reads here at Tsikot on both models,
    i.e., MS GLX and Crosswind XUV.

Being newkids to SUVs and AUVs, one of our major concerns
    is the maintenance thing of the MS, which you highlighted.

AK

Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    I'd get the MS anytime of the day. Fuel efficient naman yan kasi new engine tech. Easy to maintain has that added height for floods. Maintenance is on par din naman with AUV's and it rides better than the corsswind..

I'd also reco the Innova rather than the Crosswind. Sobrang outdated na yan like the Adventure imho.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    No contest po. . .MS hands down. . .

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Montero GLX AT vs. Isuzu Crosswind XUV AT