New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like I'm the only person who's more inclined to owning a rather 'common' car. I mean c'mon, parts are more easily available, you get them cheaper cos of wide spread of retailer carrying them, you get to hear feed backs of possible problem areas easily (e.g, I own a Vios, a lot of other Vios owners say that fan belts/aux fans/compressor are to watch out for, My fellow Accent CRDi owners are wary of the EGR and turbine etc), 'common' cars have strong resale-probably because its resale is parallel to the demand and lastly, a lot of satisfied owners can't be wrong, don't they? ;)

For this one, much as I love the motor of the Sorento- I'd go for the Montero. It's more common, 4D56 (need I say more?), sturdier body on frame construction and still no slouch at 134hp. I know I'll lose to a Sorento but I'll trounce a Fortuner G d4d instead hahaha! :bwahaha:
    I'd probably lose of bit of some refinement, this and that over the Sorento but I'll be happier thinking I took the proper truck.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Elroi View Post
    finally got a Montero GLS-v.. nagbigay kasi ng 60k discount yung SA ko kaya yung 1.448m naging 1.388m na lang..

thank you guys for all your inputs..
    Sang dealer ka? I am planning to buy GLS-V also, anung freebies?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Montero GLX non-vgt or Kia Sorento LX