New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    it's been a while & i'm here again to ask for your help guys.

i was about to purchase a Montero GLX non-vgt a/t *1.268m but heard of the Sorento LX a/t dropping it's price to 1.330m. so biglang nagulo ang isip ko..

most of the time, 2 lang kami nakasakay within the city lang ang byahe so no need for a 7-seater but it is a plus..

what will you get if you were in my shoes? i need all your inputs..

2. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    I'll get the Sorento LX. very powerful engine.
    even the VGT monty can't beat that.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Honestly I get the Sorento. Gusto ko yan kaya lang over the budget ang old price. Mas nagandahan ako sa Sorento than the Montero (no offense po sa montero owners).

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ako rin.

Kung yan yung walang roof rail, black color. Ganda nyan kahit wala roof rail.

Pero kung yan na yun may roof rail + foglamps, kahit ano color

imo lang

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    sorento. more refined ride, better exterior and interior (IMO),more powerful engine and better fuel economy. the highest I got was 21.67 Km/L pure highway. AWD pa yan.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ill get montero, mas tatagal to kahit 10 years. AFAIK mas maraming warranty claims ang kia e. pero talagang maporma ang sorento

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Montero Sport will have the advantage of higher ground clearance and more durable underchasis. Sorento will have a more refined ride and powerful engine. Not sure if the Sorento will be as durable as the Montero Sport but Mitsubishi isn't really known for their build quality.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchet23 View Post
    sorento. more refined ride, better exterior and interior (IMO),more powerful engine and better fuel economy. the highest I got was 21.67 Km/L pure highway. AWD pa yan.
    Is this true? Or agent ka from kia.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Montero Sport will have the advantage of higher ground clearance and more durable underchasis. Sorento will have a more refined ride and powerful engine. Not sure if the Sorento will be as durable as the Montero Sport but Mitsubishi isn't really known for their build quality.
    matibay mitsu sir. examples are L300, pajero or lancer :D

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sorento LX yung walang roof rail, fog lamps at turn signal light sa side mirror.

any comments regarding the ff for both vehicles;
    maintenace cost
    parts availability
    FC
    resale value (after 5 yrs)
    etc...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Montero GLX non-vgt or Kia Sorento LX