New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Santa Fe nalang!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Montero 2.5 4X4 comes only in M/T. And I will choose it over the current Santa Fe that has been around for many years? Kaya sagad sa promo and discount dahil palabas na yung new model, if you really want the SF wise decision is to wait for it.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Actually design wise I feel the old SF is better looking than the facelifted one. In fact even if its old it looks more fresh and newer than the MS and Fort, its probably the ***y lines... The engine is a different story though, pero the old SF engine can still fight with the crop the rivals offer...

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    Thanks po sa mga replies.

*jpg, sa 4x2 po ba hindi underpowered ang 2.5? Also, how's the 2.2 of SF, underpowered din ba for 4x4 use?

I own a MS 2.5 4x2, very responsive naman siya and to my opinion, not underpowered but dependent on it's capabilities unlike the 2.5 4x4's it will brave the trails on your way to your farm (M/T version nga lang siya) in short i'm comfortable and satisfied with it.. But MS 3.2 4x4 would be the top choice if off-roading is included in your occasional activities 'cause it's got all the power you need that includes a tow hitch.. But the SF's looks is really nice and attractive because it is C-SUV, my friend has SF and no complaints from him as well. I think both of them are economical in terms of new technologies adapted to these marvelous rides.. But that depends on your driving habit as far as FC is concerned.

But see personally to compare and test drive to feel.. And read more reviews, it will help by the time you get home.. then don't forget to inform us back! budget wise, you decide!! cheers!!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    MS if ready pumila ng up to a month or even more but kung SF marami kahit sa mall meron

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JPG111 View Post
    For this i'd pick the santa fe 4x4 .. The 2.5 4x4 Montero comes only in M/T and for me if you really want a 4x4 montero get the 3.2 4x4 ..IMHO Bitin sa power yung 2.5 engine ng montero 4x4..
    its not really bitin after I have done my testing. 2.5 Monty particularly in manual form is very responsive from dead start.

In paper it would be hard to imagine. But try to run both (3.2 AT and 2.5 stick) side by side w/o aircon from north and you will understand what I mean.

Before my testing, I knew my SE would outrun the manual 4x4 (simply due to disparity of displacement) pass 100 kph but to my surprise.........

Eventually my SE won but less than a car length!! (I even torque launch the SE to take full advantage of my displacement).. We had another run with me driving the manual and returned the same results!

The manual was barely broken in * 4325kms on its odometer during the testing. I believe it would be a faster (and more efficient) after some 6k ticks.

Ang napansin ko lng, hirap masterin yung shifter ng 2.5L Monty. It needs a lot of getting used to in order to prevent misshifts...

30-35k worth of mods (Piggyback,high quality motor oil, and less restrictive filter would do - even better if we bolt slightly bigger bar and plate intercooler)to the manual 4x4 and it will run faster, more efficient than the top of the line SE. Period.

Also - Top Gear PH also did some test drive of a white manual 4x4. They concluded it was the best drive among all the variants released locally.

Disclosure: the testing was done before I have installed any performance mods on my SE. Everything was stock..

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Sta Fe !!!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    *GM, actually sir gusto ko talaga porma ng SF that is why it's one of my choices. The occasional off roading I've mentioned is visiting a farm with unpaved hilly roads. I've seen lots of SF here in ireland being used in farms hauling caravan, animal carrier etc so I'd thought SF would suit my needs also. Anyway, thanks for that honest statement as an SF owner.. really appreciate it. So -1 for SF on my count.

About for fuel consumption and maintenaince expenses, how would you compare these cars.

Thanks.

di ko lam fuel consumption / maint cost ng montero eh. pero sa SF, i spend average of Php 3.8K / 6 months using regular shell diesel oil. i dont load synthetic oil. Hyundai casa wants me to go every 3 months sa regular shell diesel but i ignore it. in the past 3 PMS's, ganun na ako. but that's only bec. i have an alternate car. 3 times a week lang SF ko eh at an average of 40Km/pay. kung araw-araw mo, follow casa guidelines.

mitsu diesels are durable enough. look at the pajeros and the stradas. i owned a 4x4 strada before. kung di lang ako siniksik sa harap, i would say na parang naka-pajero na din ako. nilusong ko sa baha, inakyat namin sa bundok, sinakyan ko ng tiles, pina-dadarive ko saiba. no worries ako sa mitsu strada

pero sa Sta Fe, i wouldn't even dare do that even if i have a 4x4 model. (i only have 4x2). since the new montero is just the suv version of the strada. malamang sobrang durable talaga nyan.

so it's up to you, if you're going to use it offroading, mountain climbing, going to farms etc. pwede sya talaga kasi ganyan strada ko noon.

and don't believe what other SF owner here say na sobrang powerful in terms of hauling ang SF. magsakay nga lang ako ng 3 tao sa likod ramdam ko na ang difference ng hatak. 2.2CRDi lang kaya to.

yun nga lang pag kumasa mga civic, corollas or even compact suv's dito, sigurado iwan sila sa NLEX and Sctex. that is kung 1-2 lang kayo sa tsikot. road-hugger ang design nya, unlike the montero, taas masyado. magkamali ka dyan puwede ka mag-turn turtle sa tangkad yan.

buy SF - porma suv sa city and occassional out-of-town

buy Montero - if all-in-one.

ang ayaw ko lang sa montero, nakow hirap i-park niya sa mga sosyal na basement parking lots pag nagmamadali ka. haba eh parang strada. yan pa naman asar na asar ako dati.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Take it from GM and OB. Siya isa sa mga unang nagka Santa Fe dito sa tsikot nung '06.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    OT:pre saan ka sa IRELAND?d2 ko sa DUblin

MONTERO is the best choice pre

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Montero 2.5 4x4 or Sta Fe 2.2 4x4