New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Hi Guys,

Ask lang po ako for advise which car should I choose. I'm currently working here in europe so I use to see an SF but haven't seen the MS in flesh yet. I'm going back sa Pinas 2months from now so please list down pros and cons of each car to help me decide. Car will be used as

1. Daily service, work-office-school(3kids)
    2. Weekends out of town
    3. Occasional off roading

Thanks po in advance sa mga magrereply.

Cheers!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    With the first two preferences, the Santa Fe wins since it's known to be the CUV who has a car-like ride feel, and also has a superb power that could lead you driving at somewhere around 200kph.

However, at the third one ... yes, the Santa Fe can take minor-offroading trips but it's not really for it. So, the Montero wins here. And yes, just by looking at the Montero, you can really see that it can conquer whatever kind of trails you pass on. :D

But my verdict would still be the Santa Fe. Why ? Here are some of the reasons why.

With the Santa Fe in hand, you can really feel the quietness of the vehicle UNLIKE the montero whose engine is quite noisy at engine start. The Santa Fe too has the most comfortable ride since, yeah ... it's a CUV. But not just that, it's a CUV that seats 7. Quite astounding, yes. So ... if you won't be really needing the off-road capability of the Montero, go for the Santa-Fe since this Hyundai model can take MINOR off-roading trips too. It's not just as " tough " as the montero when it comes to trails like this.
    Last edited by renzo_d10; March 22nd, 2010 at 08:50 AM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    Hi Guys,

Ask lang po ako for advise which car should I choose. I'm currently working here in europe so I use to see an SF but haven't seen the MS in flesh yet. I'm going back sa Pinas 2months from now so please list down pros and cons of each car to help me decide. Car will be used as

1. Daily service, work-office-school(3kids)
    2. Weekends out of town
    3. Occasional off roading

Thanks po in advance sa mga magrereply.

Cheers!
    off roading? montero sport.. hands down...but if you're an AT fanatic, go get the santa fe..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Montero sport

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    For this i'd pick the santa fe 4x4 .. The 2.5 4x4 Montero comes only in M/T and for me if you really want a 4x4 montero get the 3.2 4x4 ..IMHO Bitin sa power yung 2.5 engine ng montero 4x4..

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Thanks po sa mga replies.

*jpg, sa 4x2 po ba hindi underpowered ang 2.5? Also, how's the 2.2 of SF, underpowered din ba for 4x4 use?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The new SF have about 200hp (not yet released ata). Hindi yun bitin but since monocoque sya (it has no ladder frame), expect that the body will twist on uneven roads, like for example, if you open the rear door, tapos uneven yung pagka-position mo ng car (one rear wheel lower than all the others), hindi mo yun masasara.

In terms of comfort, it is topnotch.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    i own a SF pero mag Montero ka na lang may 3kids ka pala at mag-offroading ka sa ocassional town trips, and panghatid sa school.

why not SF? i don't think SF is durable enough for those daily activities. pang-porma car ito eh the curves
    Last edited by Gen. Miting; March 23rd, 2010 at 01:57 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    *GM, actually sir gusto ko talaga porma ng SF that is why it's one of my choices. The occasional off roading I've mentioned is visiting a farm with unpaved hilly roads. I've seen lots of SF here in ireland being used in farms hauling caravan, animal carrier etc so I'd thought SF would suit my needs also. Anyway, thanks for that honest statement as an SF owner.. really appreciate it. So -1 for SF on my count.

About for fuel consumption and maintenaince expenses, how would you compare these cars.

Thanks.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I think fuel consumption and maintenance goes to the SF. Having seen the Strada PMS threads (by the way the Montero is a Strada with a roof so its all the same) its very expensive to maintain compared to the SF.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Montero 2.5 4x4 or Sta Fe 2.2 4x4