New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    *edferrer, sa limerick ako sir, nice meeting you here.. Yeah mukhang sa requirements ko, monty is the best choice pero try ko pa din itest drive both cars. By the way, do you also own MS or have you driven one?

Thanks po pala sa lahat ng nagreply especiall sir GM, para tuloy lamang na MS sa choices ko . Pero as I've said. I'm still going to test drive both cars and will definitely post here which I'm going to buy.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    Take it from GM and OB. Siya isa sa mga unang nagka Santa Fe dito sa tsikot nung '06.
    Ganda ba ng review ni GM? Dumaan pa Explorer, Starex at Old Blue CRV dyan..........

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    Take it from GM and OB. Siya isa sa mga unang nagka Santa Fe dito sa tsikot nung '06.
    siya nga? namiss ko si OB sa SF thread sorry ot.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by edferrer2000 View Post
    OT:pre saan ka sa IRELAND?d2 ko sa DUblin

MONTERO is the best choice pre
    May Montero Sport po ba sa Ireland?
    SF 2010 is my choice, World Class design and has good crash test. Dunno kung may crash test ang Montero, mukhang wala yata

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    It would depend on how you will use your car. If you will use your car to drive around in the city with the kids in tow & from time to time, to those out of town trips, the Sta. Fe gets my vote because of the comfort. Remember, its the kids who will be riding at the back, you dont want them getting grumpy during long trips!
    If you have to traverse uneven and unpaved roads often, then get the Monty (these is the only advantage i see on this car).
    By the way, the Sta. Fe is no tin can, so dont worry about durability if you use it mostly on paved roads & konting lubak lang, just drive it cautiously on these kinds of roads (drive it for what its built for & that's definitely not off roading), i remember a picture shown on the Sta Fe thread where the Sta Fe was rammed from behind while on full stop in a toll line by a Crosswind AUV & the Sta Fe came out with a slight scratch while the other vehicle was a total wreck.
    The monty has a noisy engine, the cabin is cramped, but i like the look of the 3.2 4x4 cabin.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Depende na rin ito sa paggagamitan at kung saan.

If this is my call, I'll pick the MS because
    -mas gusto ko manual.
    -nasa probinsya ako nakabase na meron bulubundokin terrain.
    -mas kampante ako sa Mitsu dealer dito kaysa sa Hyundai.
    -mas mura.
    -bagay sa rugged lifestyle.

Otherwise, get the other vehicle.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    pero sa Sta Fe, i wouldn't even dare do that even if i have a 4x4 model. (i only have 4x2). since the new montero is just the suv version of the strada. malamang sobrang durable talaga nyan.

bakit naman sir GM? can you cite an incident what made you say this?
    *jeep, bakit naging -1 ang SF based on what sir GM said? He didn't even cite a concrete detail why the car is not durable.
    Sta Fe is world class & it is sold not only in ASia but also in stricter & higher standards areas like Europe & USA.

Pagdating naman sa speed, di naman bitin ang Sta Fe as i personally experience this kahit puno pa hangang 3rd row, hataw pa rin. Contradicting yung sabi ni Gen Miting na pagkinasahan ang mga corollas e iiwan nya ang mga ito, hmmm... Di ba mas magaan ang mga sedans na ito & supposedly mas maliit yung body, so it is easier to go faster as compared sa bigger na sta fe. But it is true though, that i often race with sedans but i smoke them, so i dont think the engine power is short. Much more with the 2010 SF engine spec sheet, iiwan nya na monty, just my two cents.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by doc vince View Post
    pero sa Sta Fe, i wouldn't even dare do that even if i have a 4x4 model. (i only have 4x2). since the new montero is just the suv version of the strada. malamang sobrang durable talaga nyan.

bakit naman sir GM? can you cite an incident what made you say this?
    *jeep, bakit naging -1 ang SF based on what sir GM said? He didn't even cite a concrete detail why the car is not durable.
    Sta Fe is world class & it is sold not only in ASia but also in stricter & higher standards areas like Europe & USA.
    durable in a sense na pede pang-harabas. Sta Fe hinde. bangga mo sa bato, akyat mo sa gutter, ihulog mo sa canal, kaya ng montero yan. SF ewan ko

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Montero gets my vote, if you want something fast get a car...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Mga paps, ano ground clearance ng Montero vs Sta Fe?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Montero 2.5 4x4 or Sta Fe 2.2 4x4