New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rpp View Post
    Thanks for the responses.

*renzo_d10 - Totoo yung sinabi mo sir lalo na dun sa hindi kita ung hood. Given that we just tried out the Jazz at medyo yun ung napansin nya naiimagine ko lalo na pag Civic.
    > Ano ung range ng consumption ng altis na 1.6G? Malaki at mararamdaman talaga ung difference?
    > I was really impressed with the Elantra. Was able to drive it for a month but considering my budget I'll need to stretch it a bit to cater to the top of the line variant. Still having thoughts though on reliability of service, etc.

*Retz - That is one of the options. But still a bit weary in buying a 2nd hand car especially one before '09. Probably if we know someone personally selling theirs at the right price - this might take forever!

*Ry_tower - Innova was actually one of the options. Isn't the Avanza underpowered? Ano ba general feedback sa kanya sir?
    Nope it's he 1.5 liter. It's not underpowered by any means.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    The Avanza exhibits to much unreliable issues all around. In my father's company, they had 18 Avanza's and 16 of it suffered from faulty injectors, suspension problems, propeller shaft problems and overheating. Most of those avanzas only has 8k kms at 10mos usage. The cars are well maintained but still nothing. Has the same 1300 and 1500 engines as the Vios but problems only more evident on Avanza models. And yes, really underpowered.

So i won't recommend the Avanza.

My bet, A Kia Carens, a 2nd Hand Hyundai Santa Fe, 2nd hand Toyota Fortuner, 2nd hand second gen Mitsubishi Outlander, 2nd hand current gen Toyota Rav4 and a 2nd Hand Ford Everest 3.0.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Thanks for all the responses.

*Renzo - haha. trade off lang yan pre.

*SiRBossR - Thanks for the suggestions. Anong year model kaya ung papasok sa mga sinabi mo? We were fans before of buying 2nd hand instead of brand new but when we started buying brand new we found the value of it (Peace of mind kumbaga). hehe --- Pero since the budget is limited we're considering. Hopefully sa kakilala or credible source.

Roy

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    2007 and above. all under 900k. You'll find so plenty of the mentioned cars with really almost brand new status.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Best sedan bet for me would be the Elantra. Price is pretty good for what you get and you still have spare change for accessories or extra gas money.

As for the Fortuner... It is bulky so it may be a bit hard to manuever. Are you looking at the 3.0D4D variant? If so, resale value is high so you would only be able to get the older 1st gen models. The ride is choppy and interior space is not as spacious as its bulky exterior suggests. And then, FC for the 3.0D4D and 2.7VVTi is not good while the 2.5D4D has no punch which means you probably wont enjoy it if you get that one. For that budget, its better to get a Santa Fe. Definitely more comfortable than the Fort, more fuel efficient, has better on road manners and most importantly for you, faster than the Fort. :devil: Another great car would be the Kia Carens CRDi. Its smaller so its much easier to drive than even the Elantra (due to the higher ride height and lack of a trunk for easier parking), is very fuel efficient, very comfortable and is a perfect mom-mobile/camouflaged dragster.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Best sedan bet for me would be the Elantra. Price is pretty good for what you get and you still have spare change for accessories or extra gas money.

As for the Fortuner... It is bulky so it may be a bit hard to manuever. Are you looking at the 3.0D4D variant? If so, resale value is high so you would only be able to get the older 1st gen models. The ride is choppy and interior space is not as spacious as its bulky exterior suggests. And then, FC for the 3.0D4D and 2.7VVTi is not good while the 2.5D4D has no punch which means you probably wont enjoy it if you get that one. For that budget, its better to get a Santa Fe. Definitely more comfortable than the Fort, more fuel efficient, has better on road manners and most importantly for you, faster than the Fort. :devil: Another great car would be the Kia Carens CRDi. Its smaller so its much easier to drive than even the Elantra (due to the higher ride height and lack of a trunk for easier parking), is very fuel efficient, very comfortable and is a perfect mom-mobile/camouflaged dragster.
    *Sir GTI - thanks! Seems like Carens would really be something to be considered. There is a close Kia dealer near by and I'll be sure to take a good look at it. Kumusta ba performance ng KIA? I know Hyundai has really picked it up, can we say the same for KIA? (quality, service, etc.)

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    *Sir GTI - thanks! Seems like Carens would really be something to be considered. There is a close Kia dealer near by and I'll be sure to take a good look at it. Kumusta ba performance ng KIA? I know Hyundai has really picked it up, can we say the same for KIA? (quality, service, etc.)
    btw - Any comments on Livina vs. Carens?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quality ng Kia halos pareho lang sa Hyundai. Feel ko nga mas ok pa yung built quality nung Sportage ko than Tucson ko.

Service, mukhang ok naman basta dun sa main branch pumunta (Kia Pasay) mas madali mag-claim ng warranty doon at mas mabait kausap mga tao doon.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Quality ng Kia halos pareho lang sa Hyundai. Feel ko nga mas ok pa yung built quality nung Sportage ko than Tucson ko.

Service, mukhang ok naman basta dun sa main branch pumunta (Kia Pasay) mas madali mag-claim ng warranty doon at mas mabait kausap mga tao doon.
    *SG - ah ok. makikinig ako sayo... hehe.. Also bought a Tucson at pareho ata tayo ng kinuhanan. shempre sayo TOTL. LOL. Sayang at di kaya Sportage. hehe

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Oo nga eh. Alam ko ikaw yung first client ni EJ dito sa Tsikot

Tapos nagtuloy tuloy na

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Mom car