New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rpp View Post
    btw - Any comments on Livina vs. Carens?
    Dun sa Livina, although the engine is actually quite good, wala parin when compared to the Carens's VGT CRDi engine which is more powerful and more economical. Besides, masikip ang Livina eh.

Since Hyundai bought Kia, you can say the performance of their cars are pretty much similar as they share whole platforms and engines. I actually prefer Kia's more angular design approach over Hyundai's fluidic sculpture. Local dealer service, however, is still not up to Hyundai standards though they seem to have been improving lately.

Nissan Grand Livina is actually very good, but the lack of a diesel engine is something to consider. Then, the Carens seems to be better.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    Nissan Grand Livina is actually very good, but the lack of a diesel engine is something to consider. Then, the Carens seems to be better.
    Yup.

I went to Kia yesterday and checked it out.... But was more impressed with the Carnival. hahahaha....

The Carnival is great, but as far as cost-effectiveness the Carens is OK.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rpp View Post
    Yup.

I went to Kia yesterday and checked it out.... But was more impressed with the Carnival. hahahaha....
    The Carnival is a really nice car, as long as you are OK with the body size and the big 900cc increase of engine displacement (and not so big increase in power) as compared to the Carens. I'd say the Carnival is vastly more comfortable and looks better but is a tad slower and less fuel efficient as compared to the Carens.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    walang vgt ang carnival.

Korean-market e-VGT 2.2L Carnival seems to be an outstanding ride...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    to TS,
    I beg to differ on the comments regarding the avanza.
    My wife has been driving this for 4 1\2 years now and she has no complaints. madami mga avanza users na mga ladies and they have no complaints.
    Mine is 1.5G A/T model. Lagi ito binibiyahe Manila-Iloilo, loaded. This is a very versatile MPV, you can haul people with it (last night nakita ko sa neighbor ko an avanza parked as visitor, then out came 8 people plus 2 kids), ako nakargahan ko ng 14 Cu. ft. ref and an 21" CTV plus my luggages.
    Handling is good for a woman driver, madali i-park sa masisikip.
    so, if you consider a vehicle for your mom, drop by a toyota dealer and asked about it. Pasok yan sa budget mo ang 2012 model nila na 1.5g A/T. Me pang upgrade ka pa
    just my 25 centavos suggestion

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Mom car