New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chriszj View Post
    Convince naman ako sa mirage. pero kung may inputs ka welcome din.
    Sa question mo ito ang reason.

1. Planning for a affordable car whenever nasa pinas for vacation. It short iiwanan lang ang car sa relatives after 3 months vacation. Purpose: to have a car to use each vacation since nasa province ang place.
    2. Cars option mirage and alto.
    3. Delimma between the 2, because since i cant used it always. i want a good reason to get either of the two that is worth buying. kung baga mas wiser decision.

No no for 2nd hand cars dahil ayoko ko ng sakit sa ulo lalong lalo na kng d kakilala ang pagkukunan d mo alam ang makina kng ano ang history. I dont want to spend my time looking around and checking for a good quality. Pachamba nga lang kng ok ang makuha o hindi.

No din sa rental cars. Try to imagine. each time na magbabakasyon mag spend ka ng kulang kulang 100k sa bakasyon dahil sa rent. Multiply mo sa tuwing uwi mo. simple mathematics na lang.. Sa unang rent mo for 3 months example pwede ka na makapag down ng unit na siguradong sa iya talaga.

So if you have anything to add up. Please feel free.

Thanks.
    Mirage is good, vios is better. Sa may pamilya mas maganda pa rin ang may trunk para sa mga gamit. Consider mo din ang avanza.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Swerte pala ng relatives mo, in 3 mos time may bagong mirage.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    Mirage is good, vios is better. Sa may pamilya mas maganda pa rin ang may trunk para sa mga gamit. Consider mo din ang avanza.
    Vios ok din, gawin mong taxi while nasa abroad ka para dagdag kita.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by chriszj View Post
    No din sa rental cars. Try to imagine. each time na magbabakasyon mag spend ka ng kulang kulang 100k sa bakasyon dahil sa rent. Multiply mo sa tuwing uwi mo. simple mathematics na lang.. Sa unang rent mo for 3 months example pwede ka na makapag down ng unit na siguradong sa iya talaga.

So if you have anything to add up. Please feel free.

Thanks.
    I think what you want is a car you can call your own and to be used by relatives and not for economic reasons.

Here's the mathematics to that.
    You will bring home a GLS. Cash out: Php638K

Some estimates (to be corrected).
    Take Viper's depreciation rate and you will loss 65K in a year
    Insurance cost: 20K?
    PMS: 15K?
    Tire: 2K?

At the end of the first year, you have lost around Php105K. Plus, since you will not use the car for nine months, the money you put in there basically sleeps. Worst is, your car's value will go down again with the same rate as the first year and the PMS cost will go higher.

If you are smart enough, you should have invested the Php500K and you may double it in 9 months time.

Anyway, just an idea. The Mirage is nice. Wifey should have brought home a GLS last year but I offered her a 6 year old Grand Vitara. She grabbed the older car and she's very happy with it. The only maintenance on the old car so far is a change oil and wheel alignment.

Good luck.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Get a mirage and join the club * miragepilipinas.com :D

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Toyota Yaris isama mo sa choices mo

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    I checked sulit, you can get a 2009 for 190k and a 2010 for 215k
    Im sure you could get the 2010 for 200k if you walked in with cash....

So in 3 years the alto depreciated in 46% (370k-200k)
    Yaris: 25%
    Fiesta: 38%
    Jazz: 23%
    Celerio: 37%
    i10: 32%
    -+4%

No Mirage for obvious reasons, but most of the Mitsubishi range does pretty well
    I actually cannot find anything worse than the alto terms of depreciation
    An expedition is at ....... 43%
    BMW/MBs go at about 30-45%
    When did you check? Just now, after the typhoon? Right after the floods?

There is ONE 09 at just 190k.

The ad you cited was only posted yesterday... with two big red flag stating: NOT FLOODED. RUSH. Those are the kind of ads you run away from.

You can't extrapolate that 2010s will be just as cheap as the cheapest RUSH. NOT FLOODED. RUSH RUSH. ad on sulit.

Everyone else is selling Deluxe models at 180-220k for 08s. That's in the 50% range over 5 years, so about 10% per year. Looking at the other 2010 and 2011 ads, it seems holding at 10-12% a year.

Yes, you can get them lower if you bring cash, but that' s true for almost anything.

And... even if depreciation is higher than the Vios. Even if it's 42% versus 25%, you're still losing the same amount of money in resale. Without having paid the higher maintenance, gasoline and insurance costs, in the first place.

-

Of course, the guy who bought the Vios is probably happier with his life... but still...
    Last edited by niky; September 2nd, 2013 at 10:35 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Although resale talk is quite sensible. If you don't wanna lose money. Don't buy a car. The moment it walks out of the showroom floor, it's just money goes down the drain.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Kung may budget sa mirage or vios - toss coin na lang..

Kung nagtitipid - get alto

Sa situation ni TS, di ako convinced na kailangan ng personal car. Lalo na kung nag-aabroad naman. Kahit gaano mo pinagkakatiwalaan yung iiwanan mo ng kotse, one way or another may magiging issue jan..

Minsan its just a matter of sharing with the family.. Ang mga brother ko pag umuuwe ng abroad, pinapahiram na lang namin ng sasakyan.. Hinde naman matagalan at hinde naman din araw araw umaalis..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Hi boss, pareho din tayo ng naging dilemma.

Ganyan din ako dati, pinagiisipan kung alto o mirage. Pinili ko yung mirage kasi kasama sa consideration yung sasakay sa likod,
    grabe kasi ang sikip ng upuan sa likod ng alto, as in kawawa magiging pasahero mo, sa unahan naman walang problema sa alto tapos reliable din naman at
    talagang napakatipid sa gas, yun nga lang mararamdaman mo talaga na compromise car talaga si alto. Kung kotse para makapunta from point A to point B
    lang ang goal mo, dun ka na sa alto, overall maganda din naman feedback sa alto.

So bakit mirage ako ngayon? kasi nga mas spacious at matipid din naman sa gas at sporty ang look nya kesa alto, at gaya nga ng sinasabi ng karamihan dito
    super safe talaga ang mirage. Tapos gawa ng Japanese engineers ang mirage tapos yung alto gawang bumbay sa India, actually sa papel lang suzuki ang alto, ang tawag talaga jan ay maruti alto(maruti - indian car company sa india na nakipag tie up sa suzuki) so basically you are considering buying a Japanese car vs Indian car(haha racist ako eh sorry) at syempre kung ako ang pipili dun na ako sa gawang Japan, mas tiwala ako sa Japan kesa India(sorry racist talaga).

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast