New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by zontarh View Post
    There was only one choice for me.

I've had my Outlander for 5 months now and it's the best vehicle I've ever owned. Mine is from the UK and is the commercial model for carrying goods (no 2nd or 3rd row seats) but nobody can tell. It's fast, handles corners very well because of the stiff suspension and the 19" wheels I have with 245/45/19 Pirelli Pzero. Also mine is a diesel engine and saves a lot of fuel and the size of the vehicle is small enough to fit in my small garage at home.

Most of all though, you can modify this vehicle heavily to your own taste with genuine Mitsubishi parts. Here are some pictures of my Outlander:

Cargo area, no rear seats

sir zontarh, you've said that you outie wears a diesel engine. is there a diesel variant of outie in UK? sounds nice, outlander with diesel engine..
    btw, what engine is it sir? a 4d56, 4m40, or 4m41? crdi or non crdi? thanks sir...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    for me and for now, i will go for santa fe for diesel engine. but when it comes to looks, looks like outie has the edge. i like outie's multi info display and dash design. but hey di na natin ma reach ang gas prices when the diesel outie arrives here, then kahit strip nalang nila ang mga features like power folding and tumbling rear seat audio system etc. (pleasssee dont take the multi info display away).. pero if you need 7 seats go for sf. even though it looks like that they forced the cuv to seat seven and sacrificed the cargo space (after 3rd row seats), it still a . for cargo, you could put a roof rack on top..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Mitsubishi UK has 2.0li DI-D and 2.2 li DI-DC for their outlander. Actually it seems the 3.0li V6 isn't available there, but there are 5 diesel variants and the 2.4li petrol.

http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/newoutlander/range.asp

2.0li: 138hp * 4000rpm, 310Nm * 1750rpm (engine sourced from VW)
    2.2li: 154hp * 4000rpm, 380Nm * 2000rpm (ford-PSA engine, in use by Renault and Citroen)

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    dr kamiya: oh no too bad they didn't sell it here magiging available kaya to dito sa pinas?? sana naman...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    Well, being a Mitsu fan I need not to force you to buy the Outlander. I am not biased about it since I was saying things like CRDi and CVT (Pros and Cons), plus you didn't mention about your experience about your X-Trail from the start.

Since parents are too much embarrassed to be seen in a minivan/van nowadays. Go for the alternative of all vans - the Hyundai Santa Fe or get a minivan/van if you don't worry about image.

For goodness sake, give your family a break! Comfort is a top priority right? So get a van! This comparison is going nowhere pero a van will only suit your needs.

SUV/CUV's 3rd rows aren't that comfortable. Imagine sitting there going to Baguio? What a hospitable Filipino. Only kids will survive and me as a kid don't want to be in there.

Just my opinion.
    I agree that 3rd row for SUV's are not comfortable... Comfort is also my priority when choosing a vehicle that's why I prefer a van for my family. However, during adventure trips, I prefer to use SUV for off roading (if any). better be prepared.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    It'll be nice nga if Mitsubishi brings in the diesel outie, the 2.2li CDRI looks really good.

From what I know though, the diesels are exclusive to the European market. Production is fancy too! Engines are built in France, sent to Japan to be put in the cars, then the cars are sent back to Europe. Either way the finished cars are coming from Japan, so I suppose it should be possible to score one.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    The problem is, during the voting of different Outlander models. Only the Philippines demanded for a diesel engine. Other Southeast Asian countries opted for a gasoline. Because of this, it's quite impossible for MMPH to ask for a special importation of diesel-fed Outie.
    Last edited by drey; May 12th, 2008 at 09:00 AM.
    iam3739.com

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    OUTIE=performance
    SF=practicality

heto na naman mga fanbois! if im single Outie din ako..... ay hindi pala, Forester XT ako.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Outlander is the more youthful car. And with the Evo X chassis, going around the track or winding mountain roads shouldn't be a problem. The 4wd system is really great as it can still have 4 wheels spinning even on the highway without wrecking the drivetrain. But if ferrying people is more important the Santa Fe is much better given the bigger space and capacity to swallow 2 more passengers. The immense torque of the Santa Fe is also a good selling point aside from better fuel efficiency.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    The problem is, during the voting of different Outlander models. Only the Philippines demanded for a diesel engine. Other Southeast Asian countries opted for a gasoline. Because of this, it's quite impossible for MMPH to ask for a special importation of diesel-fed Outie.
    Plus, the diesel Outlander's engine is made by Peugeot, which will make it too expensive against other vehicles in its class.

However, I was told by my source that MMPC plans to launch another SUV by the second half of 2008, and it will be powered by DI-D common rail technology.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; June 2nd, 2008 at 06:31 PM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Mitsu OUTLANDER or Hyunda STA FE