New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by TFR View Post
    Hahahahahahaha!!!! I have been in the same situation a couple of months back, di ako makatulog, natatakot magkamali dahil napakamahal na pagkakamali. Ngayon sarap na ng tulog ko.

*drey: I constantly monitor my FC during fill-ups and I get 10-12 mixed, mostly city driving, Imus-Bacoor route(mostly traffic pa to) and 13-15 Highway.

*Oldblue: yung 8km/l mo, di kaya sobra apak mo sa gas and you idle most of the time?
    i acknowledge na naman that I'm a heavy foot diesel driver. sa tingin ko for light foot drivers, they can achieve 10km/liter in city talaga.

i have this knack na from idle eh sobrang tapak di ko maalis na sa ugali ko.

when I borrowed my brod's getz crdi getz for a week, sabi niya he averages like 15-18km/liter sa city driving. nun dinala ko naging 11km/liter na lang

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    Sir,

Here are my calculations.
    Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi 2WD - P1,528,000.00

Your 10,000 Kilometer city drive will cost you about P44,875.00 of fuel. That's 100% city drive, fuel consumption rating was based upon the record of Mr. Old Blue of 8km/l or 12.5L/100 kms.

Since we don't know yet the real world fuel consumption rating of the 2.4L MIVEC of the Outlander. We compared it against a V6 Outlander GLS that costs P1,488,000.00 w/ 30K discount = P1,458,000.00.

In normal city traffic conditions, your 10,000 Kilometer city drive will cost you about P65,365.00 of fuel. The Outlander V6 gets 6.5 km/l, heaviest traffic gives you a 5 km/l but I computed it in a fixed 6.5 km/l data.

So...
    P 65,365.00 Outlander
    - P 44,875.00 Santa Fe

You got P70,000.00 savings upon buying the Outlander GLS.

P70,000.00

= 3.41 years to save against a CRDi Santa Fe. So upon conclusion, When you spend 44,875.00 fueling the Santa Fe. The Outlander's 70,000 savings gives you 3 years and four months to save 20,490.00 fill-ups. So most likely, you are like paying the 44,895.00 of the Santa Fe's fuel bills but you get better acceleration and lesser maintenance with the Outlander.

Note: This is still not the 2.4L model. But if you pick the in-line 4 MIVEC. So you can expect a much cheaper fuel cost. Plus, the Shift-Knob 4WD, you can get extra traction when it rains, works great in the curves of Baguio as well.

Still, you can't be wrong in both cars. :victory: Please check out Sir Lui's deal... Baka its the best in the lot for Mitsubishi and Hyundai!

Btw, before I forgot, the diesel price I used was P35.90/L since that was the price of diesel according to the news in the internet last Oct. 8, 2007. On the gasoline price, I used P42.50/L since that is what I usually see every fill-up. I believe the Outlander V6 and 2.4L in-line 4 MIVEC runs on E10. Since the old 4G64 runs on E10 which gives it a better mileage. Diba E10 costs 39 something?

May mali ba ako? Please inform me nalang.... hehehe...
    ok yan compute mo *drey, pero ang problema ang hirap mag-dispose ng V6 vehicle.

when 2nd hand buyers realize that what you're selling is a V6, magkakarun kagad sila ng bracket sa price. grabeh yun chevy venture namin, for 1.3M naging P395k sa labas. I also heard that pajero FM V6's have low resale value tipong sub 500k lang. even my dad's Ford Explorer EB, from 2.3M pag ibebenta ngaun 1.2M lang daw eh 2 years pa lang 'to. good thing it's a company-given car kungdi, talo talaga!

so even if you compute maint, gas, you automatically lose a minimum 300K on resale if they find out it's a V6.

====

now regarding 2.4L mivec, i dont know about the technology kung mas thrifty ngaun yan engine na yan like what the new Honda CRV claims.

but picture this na lang, i have a 2.0L crv, my dad has a V6 ford explorer EB (di ko matandaan kung 3.0 or 3.1 eto), they both average between 4km-6km/liter city driving. so hayun kinalabasan nila, nasa garahe lang hehehe

with the experiences we have on disposing bigger cars with gasoline cars, na-paranoid na kami magbenta so hayun we're stuck on it and might as well, make the best out of it.

sa panahon kasi ngaun yun mga 2nd hand buyer profile na kaya bumili ng big cars, would rather go brand new unless it's a diesel. usually mga 2nd hand buyers lang na bumibili ng gasoline ngaun eh yun mga compact sedans like the vios, civic, corolla, mazda, na pwede ka makipag-matigasan.

there's only 1 exception to the rule, HOnda CRV's gasoline. kahit mahal resale to binibili talaga.

kaya nga payo ko dito sa tsikot, if you ever decide on buying a gasoline CUV, get the Honda CRV. its perception of being prestiguous like the Ayalas will shield it from low resale value.
    Last edited by oldblue; October 12th, 2007 at 04:47 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    hmmm...kung kaya mong bumili ng sasakyan na worth 1.5M e satingin ko balewala na sayo yung presyo ng gas. hehehe

for me..
    outlander kung single...mas pogi at mas maganda sounds
    family-man - sta fe..sayang din yung additional 2 seats..lalo na kung kasama sina yaya o ibang kamag-anak sa lakad.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    [QUOTE=birdnipol;929749]hmmm...kung kaya mong bumili ng sasakyan na worth 1.5M e satingin ko balewala na sayo yung presyo ng gas. hehehe

for me..
    outlander kung single...mas pogi at mas maganda sounds
    family-man - sta fe..sayang din yung additional 2 seats..lalo na kung kasama sina yaya o ibang kamag-anak sa lakad.[/QUOTE
    ]

magandang point ito sir. lalu na saten sa pinas uso ung nakikisabay.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by birdnipol View Post
    hmmm...kung kaya mong bumili ng sasakyan na worth 1.5M e satingin ko balewala na sayo yung presyo ng gas. hehehe
    balewala na nga siguro presyo ng gas, pero maganda din yun nagagamit mo pambili ng starbucks o quarter pounder o pang jay jay's yun extra natitipid

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    The 2.4L MIVEC has won tons of awards in Japan. The Outlander is the best selling SUV in Japan gives 19,000 sales in 6 months which outsells the Honda CR-V by more than three-to-one. Plus the Outlander looks better than the CR-V. Honda CR-V =

Plus, sabi ng Australian reviews, the Outlander has far better FC than the Honda 2.4L.
    OT: In my opinion lang po, I wonder bakit puro the same angles ang mga picture ng CR-V?! even if wala yung butas sa front, I would still vote it as a car in memory of Babalu (Rest in Peace). I remember reading a Hollywood site and they said the CR-V is ugly. :hihihi:

Perception lang kasi ng tao na once Honda maganda. Kawawa naman ang Pinoy na ignorante.
    Last edited by drey; October 12th, 2007 at 10:15 PM.
    iam3739.com

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    ok yan compute mo *drey, pero ang problema ang hirap mag-dispose ng V6 vehicle.

when 2nd hand buyers realize that what you're selling is a V6, magkakarun kagad sila ng bracket sa price. grabeh yun chevy venture namin, for 1.3M naging P395k sa labas. I also heard that pajero FM V6's have low resale value tipong sub 500k lang. even my dad's Ford Explorer EB, from 2.3M pag ibebenta ngaun 1.2M lang daw eh 2 years pa lang 'to. good thing it's a company-given car kungdi, talo talaga!

so even if you compute maint, gas, you automatically lose a minimum 300K on resale if they find out it's a V6.

====

now regarding 2.4L mivec, i dont know about the technology kung mas thrifty ngaun yan engine na yan like what the new Honda CRV claims.

but picture this na lang, i have a 2.0L crv, my dad has a V6 ford explorer EB (di ko matandaan kung 3.0 or 3.1 eto), they both average between 4km-6km/liter city driving. so hayun kinalabasan nila, nasa garahe lang hehehe

with the experiences we have on disposing bigger cars with gasoline cars, na-paranoid na kami magbenta so hayun we're stuck on it and might as well, make the best out of it.

sa panahon kasi ngaun yun mga 2nd hand buyer profile na kaya bumili ng big cars, would rather go brand new unless it's a diesel. usually mga 2nd hand buyers lang na bumibili ng gasoline ngaun eh yun mga compact sedans like the vios, civic, corolla, mazda, na pwede ka makipag-matigasan.

there's only 1 exception to the rule, HOnda CRV's gasoline. kahit mahal resale to binibili talaga.

kaya nga payo ko dito sa tsikot, if you ever decide on buying a gasoline CUV, get the Honda CRV. its perception of being prestiguous like the Ayalas will shield it from low resale value.
    Wow that's pretty crappy FC for a 2.0L 4 cylinder engine considering the Ford has a 4.0L V6 that's lugging around a heavier vehicle. Either the Ford has a great FC or the Honda has a crappy one.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The old K20 of the CR-V really wasn't built for fuel efficiency... it was built for power.

The new R20 was built specifically for great efficiency and decent power... from initial reports, you can get up to 13 km/l in light city traffic.

As for good looks... well, I've never liked Honda designs when they were new... but they're the kind of designs that are offbeat and weird when new, but grow on you as time goes by.

I used to hate the new CRV.

Now? I kind of like it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Nik, siguro dapat ka nang pumunta sa doktor mo... kasi ang PANGET talaga ng CRV... pinakaPANGET sa buong line-up ng Honda, yung Jazz at City, kahit panget ring, eh pwede pang ma modify at mapaglaruan para ma kunan yung pagka panget. Yung CRV, talagang dapat ipagBAN sa daan dahil napaka eyesore... Mas mabuti pa nga yung HRV noon.

Honda, My Honda, panahon na magkuha ng Italian car designers... kahit Bertone na lang o Pininfarina.

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The old K20 of the CR-V really wasn't built for fuel efficiency... it was built for power.

The new R20 was built specifically for great efficiency and decent power... from initial reports, you can get up to 13 km/l in light city traffic.

As for good looks... well, I've never liked Honda designs when they were new... but they're the kind of designs that are offbeat and weird when new, but grow on you as time goes by.

I used to hate the new CRV.

Now? I kind of like it.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Ooppss.. Okay na... Okay rin ang CR-V okay, for tsikoteers nalang. I'd say it looks good. Err, its not me. :cry: But if you get the 2.0L, its fuel efficient biased but loses power. Sure it could go to 180 kp/h but how many seconds would do that? Si Sir Jazon nga sabi mahirap umakyat ng Baguio ang 2.0L CR-V. The 2.4L on the other hand is unrefined, vibrates a lot.

But hey, this is a tie between Hyundai Santa Fe and Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4L.

The FC I computed was from the V6 model. I know, I know, matipid sya :hihihi: well, in normal traffic conditions of course. But the Outlander 2.4L is yet to prove it's fuel efficiency. Wala pa kasing reviews about it eh. The Australian review recorded a 9L/100km in the city (Outlander 2.4L MIVEC) the V6 got a record of 12L/100 kms in the city. The CR-V 2.4L got a 10.1L/km in the city according to manufacturer's claim. The Santa Fe got an 8L/100 kms in mixed highway and city driving.

Sooner or later, you will own either the two of this cars. With the CR-V as an exemption because everybody owns a CR-V because it's a Honda Made in Thailand.

The Santa Fe - a lot of them on the road.
    The Outlander - a lot of pila on the dealer (daw)
    iam3739.com

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Mitsu OUTLANDER or Hyunda STA FE