New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    Yes, but babawi din ang Outlander sa maintenance.

CRDi parts are expensive. If you're only going to sell it before 5 years. Pwede na ang Santa Fe.

Just my opinion.
    well, you got a valid point there drey..

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Sulit naman ang Outlander 2.4 MIVEC..

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    in my opinion we are just speculating on the cost of the maintenance of the CRDI in the future... like every new technology it becomes cheaper with time... in 5 years time i would think that the cost of maintaining a CRDI engine will be cheaper than what it is today...

if you like the Santa Fe and how it rides and drives than by all means get it and don't worry to much about what will happen in the future... we cannot see the future and we do not know how thinks will be in 5 years... for all we know the CRDI of the Santa Fe is so good that it won't even give you problems for 10 years... but like I said we cannot fortell the future so let's not worry about it...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonHeart View Post
    in my opinion we are just speculating on the cost of the maintenance of the CRDI in the future... like every new technology it becomes cheaper with time... in 5 years time i would think that the cost of maintaining a CRDI engine will be cheaper than what it is today...
    That's what I have said, if they would act now, the better!

if you like the Santa Fe and how it rides and drives than by all means get it and don't worry to much about what will happen in the future... we cannot see the future and we do not know how thinks will be in 5 years... for all we know the CRDI of the Santa Fe is so good that it won't even give you problems for 10 years... but like I said we cannot fortell the future so let's not worry about it...
    +1

* Sir yourman,

How many km's do you drive yearly btw? Para ma compute natin.
    iam3739.com

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Can you feel the love in this thread... hehehehehehe
    Dapat ganito na lang lagi, give your opinion without hurting others...

*drey: Konti na lang bibili na rin ng outlander yan si oldblue... hehehehehe

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    That's what I have said, if they would act now, the better!

+1

* Sir yourman,

How many km's do you drive yearly btw? Para ma compute natin.
    sir, around 10t kms. about 90% city driving and the rest to Baguio, Tagaytay and Bulacan.

i saw a Pearl White Outie at the Q. Ave dealer, sure looks great..

Thanks for the help guys.. your inputs will greatly reduce my stress in finally making the choice. Until now, its a toss up between the two..

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Sir,

Here are my calculations.
    Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi 2WD - P1,528,000.00

Your 10,000 Kilometer city drive will cost you about P44,875.00 of fuel. That's 100% city drive, fuel consumption rating was based upon the record of Mr. Old Blue of 8km/l or 12.5L/100 kms.

Since we don't know yet the real world fuel consumption rating of the 2.4L MIVEC of the Outlander. We compared it against a V6 Outlander GLS that costs P1,488,000.00 w/ 30K discount = P1,458,000.00.

In normal city traffic conditions, your 10,000 Kilometer city drive will cost you about P65,365.00 of fuel. The Outlander V6 gets 6.5 km/l, heaviest traffic gives you a 5 km/l but I computed it in a fixed 6.5 km/l data.

So...
    P 65,365.00 Outlander
    - P 44,875.00 Santa Fe

You got P70,000.00 savings upon buying the Outlander GLS.

P70,000.00

= 3.41 years to save against a CRDi Santa Fe. So upon conclusion, When you spend 44,875.00 fueling the Santa Fe. The Outlander's 70,000 savings gives you 3 years and four months to save 20,490.00 fill-ups. So most likely, you are like paying the 44,895.00 of the Santa Fe's fuel bills but you get better acceleration and lesser maintenance with the Outlander.

Note: This is still not the 2.4L model. But if you pick the in-line 4 MIVEC. So you can expect a much cheaper fuel cost. Plus, the Shift-Knob 4WD, you can get extra traction when it rains, works great in the curves of Baguio as well.

Still, you can't be wrong in both cars. :victory: Please check out Sir Lui's deal... Baka its the best in the lot for Mitsubishi and Hyundai!

Btw, before I forgot, the diesel price I used was P35.90/L since that was the price of diesel according to the news in the internet last Oct. 8, 2007. On the gasoline price, I used P42.50/L since that is what I usually see every fill-up. I believe the Outlander V6 and 2.4L in-line 4 MIVEC runs on E10. Since the old 4G64 runs on E10 which gives it a better mileage. Diba E10 costs 39 something?

May mali ba ako? Please inform me nalang.... hehehe...
    Last edited by drey; October 11th, 2007 at 05:12 PM.
    iam3739.com

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ang masasabi ko lang dito is ang sarap ng situation ni boss yourman ngaun

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by lui View Post
    ang masasabi ko lang dito is ang sarap ng situation ni boss yourman ngaun
    Hahahahahahaha!!!! I have been in the same situation a couple of months back, di ako makatulog, natatakot magkamali dahil napakamahal na pagkakamali. Ngayon sarap na ng tulog ko.

*drey: I constantly monitor my FC during fill-ups and I get 10-12 mixed, mostly city driving, Imus-Bacoor route(mostly traffic pa to) and 13-15 Highway.

*Oldblue: yung 8km/l mo, di kaya sobra apak mo sa gas and you idle most of the time?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    thanks for the computations drey.. that's one factor to consider..

the advantages of the sta fe : leather seats, 7 seaters and CRDi VGT

the outlander: invecs III, paddle shifters, better sound system, 4wd

still a toss up for now.. thanks for the inputs.. if you have other inputs, pls do post and share..

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Mitsu OUTLANDER or Hyunda STA FE