New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    kahit anong 2.0 up revolutionary gasoline engine that the Japanese or Korean or Americans think of, it will always fall at 3km-6km/liter FC during normal city with tricycle, motorcycle, MMDA, jeepney, buses driving.

why bec. they designed their cars without the PUV's stop and go traffic in mind. we are buying cars from 1st world efficient countries and using it on a 3rd world inefficient country.

in the net, we always watch crash tests, roll-over tests, airbag tests, speed test etc. pero meron ba tayo nakita PUV test yun nakikita mo na yun bubong ng UST pero in your mind, you still have 20 min. to wait to reach UST.

eto ang dapat i-test ng mga acid-tongued British, bec. I'm sure all gasoline cars will fail on FC.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    In the Aussie market, the Santa Fe CRDi gives you combined (l/100km): 8.2. That is according to drive.au

But come to think of it... Which is more refined at the end of may years with proper maintenance? Which will cost less to maintain? A CRDi or a Gasoline?

I believe magiging mainstream ang CRDi in 5 years from now. But that is 5 years! There are a lot of things that is going to happen in five years! Of course, CRDi will be better and better.

Moroever, you said that car manufacturer's designed their cars without the PUV's stop and go traffic in mind. Then I guess, we are also buying 1st world cars running on 3rd world diesel. I hope the Santa Fe and other CRDi's get there, I hope they won't fall like the poor D4D of Toyota. I hope the injector's will last for 30 years or more. But if the injector's fail, and I'll pay more than 50K for that! Sana pina-gas ko nalang... Okay, Alin kaya ang may savings?

A revolutionary engine isn't focused to the fuel economy only, plus its not the engine alone that gives a better mileage, there are lots of things to consider such as tranny ratio's, air and tire drag, weight etc. etc. . Hello! Competition is great, that's why engineers design better gasoline cars with a slightly or much better fuel economy while gaining power. Think of why Rolls Royce isn't powered with a CRDi diesel... Because the greatest car on earth must be powered with a gasoline. Oh, that would be rude for the King and Queen as well.

dito nga lang sa ORtigas ave., I have since experienced Pajero fieldmaster owners with W or X plates rolling down their windows and checking out my SF from end to end sa traffic.
    That's non sense, I would look to a CR-V sometimes, closing my window (sira kasi aircon) and screaming out loud. *ugly!!!!!!! Well that's just me... Maybe soon I will like it, maybe... maybe... maybe soon.

3.0 Mivec pangarera lang yan dito sa sobra sikip na mundo na'tin.
    Wow, so pangkarera ba ang Pajero V6, Prado V6, o kaya ang Explorer V6. I believe, a bigger engine is less tiring to drive, easy to speed up, easy to overtake, gives you better driving pleasure. Where as a 4 banger needs more effort to give you the speed you need. (Comparing both V6 and inline-4)

hindi Mivec na Fuzion lakas lumamon ng gas eh. 1M car tapos drinks like a Ford Explorer accdg. to the Fuzion thread.
    The Fuzion owner reported an 8 km/l in the city. Get back on the thread again. Duh! And why are you comparing an old engine with a newer MIVEC? Hello!? Hello?! Hello?!

eto ang dapat i-test ng mga acid-tongued British, bec. I'm sure all gasoline cars will fail on FC.
    Im pretty sure your CRDi would fall on the running cost either, NOT until mainstream na talaga at kaya na ni manong i-repair ang suv mo.

Just a curious question... Ano mas alam ni manong mag repair? VVTi, MIVEC, VTEC or D4D , DiD, CRDi Hmmm... parang mahirap ang tanong ah...

Sorry kung may na-offend, im a big fan of the CRDi's power as well. Pero im very doubtful eh.
    Last edited by drey; October 6th, 2007 at 06:50 PM.
    iam3739.com

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    Moroever, you said that car manufacturer's designed their cars without the PUV's stop and go traffic in mind. Then I guess, we are also buying 1st world cars running on 3rd world diesel. I hope the Santa Fe and other CRDi's get there, I hope they won't fall like the poor D4D of Toyota. I hope the injector's will last for 30 years or more. But if the injector's fail, and I'll pay more than 50K for that! Sana pina-gas ko nalang... Okay, Alin kaya ang may savings?

puro ka naman hope eh. gusto mo nga kami mga CRDi mag-fail para ma-prove mo point mo

pero mag-drive ka kasi ng CRDi. I used to drive a turbo intercooler strada at 9km/liter (4 years), consistent yan sa stop and go. now the SF is * 8km/liter - also stop and go.

My 1st gen CRV averages 8/km liter pag smooth flow (no PUV's) sunday driving. pag weekday drops to 4-5km/liter. I also drove a Chevy Venture V6 Van, it averages 10km/liter sa long trips, but suddenly drops to 3km/liter stop and go.

what I am saying is ma bulaga ka man o hindi sa biglaang bumper to bumper flooded or may accident na traffic any time of the week, rest assured ka na consistent ang FC mo with CRDi. and this is never true on gasoline engines.

Just a curious question... Ano mas alam ni manong mag repair? VVTi, MIVEC, VTEC or D4D , DiD, CRDi Hmmm... parang mahirap ang tanong ah...

bakit ko naman papa-hawak kay manong ang tsikot ko. i'd rather spend on CASA or sell it kagad kung napapansin ko na magastos na.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    puro ka naman hope eh. gusto mo nga kami mga CRDi mag-fail para ma-prove mo point mo
    Im not like that, I am not hoping that it would fail just like Toyota's D4D. I want it to succeed. Kawawa naman sila sir Drave, Sir Boybi atbp na naka DiD at CRDi. What can I do? Im just hoping... Kasi yun lang magagawa ko... Pero I'd hope pa rin na mas active ang CAMPI and other manufacturer's in supporting these new engines para mas less ang doubts. Support for a much reasonable prices of the parts.

pero mag-drive ka kasi ng CRDi.
    Yes, I drove the Getz CRDi and its AWESOME! But I have doubts nga... Thats why you can see my posts asking buyers how many years would they be owning the car so that I can express myself.

I used to drive a turbo intercooler strada at 9km/liter (4 years), consistent yan sa stop and go. now the SF is * 8km/liter - also stop and go.
    My 1st gen CRV averages 8/km liter pag smooth flow (no PUV's) sunday driving. pag weekday drops to 4-5km/liter. I also drove a Chevy Venture V6 Van, it averages 10km/liter sa long trips, but suddenly drops to 3km/liter stop and go.
    You can't generalize cars like that... How can you say, you only drove the CRV and Venture and your dads Explorer but then you cant say all cars are like that since they have different components, gear ratios, aerodynamics, computer aids, etc. Some Strada's get better or worst FC's than you are...

what I am saying is ma bulaga ka man o hindi sa biglaang bumper to bumper flooded or may accident na traffic any time of the week, rest assured ka na consistent ang FC mo with CRDi. And this is never true on gasoline engines.
    Thats not true, if consistent, dapat uniform or steady. How your car eats fuel is always not consistent. It also depends in the age and how you maintain your car and what fuel brand you are using and most especially the temperature. Dami pa factors...

bakit ko naman papa-hawak kay manong ang tsikot ko. i'd rather spend on CASA or sell it kagad kung napapansin ko na magastos na.
    [/QUOTE]
    Not all people think like you sir, some people would want to spend on a budget, iba nga sa atin, we want surplus. Lalo na pag nawala na ang warranty and they cannot afford another car or they bought the car and its payable in 5 - 6 years tapos may sira na... Kawawa naman sila... Each and everyone of us wants to have the best car that fits our needs, may naipon na pera, i-down ng kotse. Lalo na OFW's, meron sa kanila nagdown for new cars and wants to pay for 5-6 years... Believe me, meron because I know one... Meron din cases na they live 200 kms away from the nearest CASA... Pano yan?

Now do you still think that I want Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Isuzu, Ford CRDi's etc. to suffer the same thing like Toyota? No!!! Ilan sa mga kaibigan kong kawawa, isa na dito ang Pastor namin sa Bukidnon. Sana di nasira ang Innova nila.

As a matter of fact, my suggestion was, take the Outlander 2.4L if Mitsubishi is offering an upgrade for a five year warranty. Otherwise, for me I'd stick with the 3.0L V6 since sanay ako sa lamon and marunong ako mag commute. I don't like driving a lot kasi nakakataba (which I am at this state right now) Pero once maka drive na ako, I want to play with the car pero sometimes lang pag wala masyado traffic baka mabangga ko pa yung nasa harap ko. I also told the threadstarter to take the Santa Fe, if its okay for him to sell the car before 5 years since 5 years ang warranty ng Hyundai. Not unless if Hyundai would really support more and more about CRDi's, most especially ang cost of parts.

Again, both cars are very good. Thats why we sometimes hack this thread most of the time... hehehe... Pero as you can see, I have doubts nga which you can't blame me for having that. Maybe I have to give a chance sa CVT ng Mitsu, haven't heard any problems yet when the Lancer CVT was first launched in the Philippines since 2003...

Again Old Blue... :peace: You are one of the best tsikoteers around. :cheers: Just take it easy on the TCash, madali lang naman mag-ipon.
    iam3739.com

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Not all people think like you sir, some people would want to spend on a budget, iba nga sa atin, we want surplus. Lalo na pag nawala na ang warranty and they cannot afford another car or they bought the car and its payable in 5 - 6 years tapos may sira na... Kawawa naman sila... Each and everyone of us wants to have the best car that fits our needs, may naipon na pera, i-down ng kotse. Lalo na OFW's, meron sa kanila nagdown for new cars and wants to pay for 5-6 years... Believe me, meron because I know one... Meron din cases na they live 200 kms away from the nearest CASA... Pano yan?
    ok you got me at not all people think like you. baka nga mas mahal ang CRDi in the long run coz of complexity of engine. while yun gasoline kahit ano pa itawag diyan vvti, vtec, mivec, halos pare-pareho lang since gasoline.

something to think about for the future car buyers.

anyway, I have outgrown my intense dislike of the Outlander. I like to look * it whenever I see one on the road. i always have these changing tastes, dunno why. but you *drey, you're good in convincing ... i must say.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    baka nga mas mahal ang CRDi in the long run coz of complexity of engine.
    I hope hindi, pero for now, mahal, if the manufacturers would act on this asap lalo na Hyundai, mas mas dadami pa costumers nila. But Santa Fe owners should never be sad, you still have mga 4-5 years to enjoy your Santa Fe right? By that time, CRDi's will the mainstream, and we hope to see parts at very good cost.

anyway, I have outgrown my intense dislike of the Outlander. I like to look * it whenever I see one on the road. i always have these changing tastes, dunno why. but you *drey, you're good in convincing ... i must say.
    Well, im also in love with the Santa Fe, I love looking at it most of the time, especially if someone passes by. Both cars are really really good especially the Santa Fe, depende lang talaga sa lifestyle or sa preference mo (which would give you better driving pleasure, a gas or diesel?) and how many years you're going to own the car before buying a new one. As a matter of fact, been recommending the Santa Fe to those who are hunting for a diesel CUV.

Here in tsikot, we give them some insights like advantages and disadvantages, things that sales agent doesn't do.

Kaya research talaga tayo...

Btw, this got me thinking if mahal ang parts ng Honda, pano na kaya ang CR-V na CRDi?
    Last edited by drey; October 7th, 2007 at 06:59 PM.
    iam3739.com

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    what vehicle you choose is a matter of your taste and style... for me I was initially considering the outlander I really wanted the mivec engine but what really turned me off in the end was that it was only a 5 seater, the seats were not leather, the interior was beige, and the second row seats are not really comfortable... now if mitsubishi had released the 7 seater outlander and in black leather interior then hands down I would have gotten the outlander...

but instead I got the SF and I am very happy I did and looking back if I had gotten the outlander I would not have made use of the 3.0L mivec engine because I rarely go out of town where I can make use of its full potential... I only drive in the city where sometime its hard to even hit 100kph...

again its a matter of what you need, your taste, and your style...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonHeart View Post
    what vehicle you choose is a matter of your taste and style... for me I was initially considering the outlander I really wanted the mivec engine but what really turned me off in the end was that it was only a 5 seater, the seats were not leather, the interior was beige, and the second row seats are not really comfortable... now if mitsubishi had released the 7 seater outlander and in black leather interior then hands down I would have gotten the outlander...

but instead I got the SF and I am very happy I did and looking back if I had gotten the outlander I would not have made use of the 3.0L mivec engine because I rarely go out of town where I can make use of its full potential... I only drive in the city where sometime its hard to even hit 100kph...

again its a matter of what you need, your taste, and your style...
    hehehe... Pipiliin mo rin ang Sante Fe sir... Di comfortable ang jump (3rd row) seats ng Outie which is only good for short distance trips. Some people find the 2nd row seats uncomfortable or stiff, but my friend says its fine.
    iam3739.com

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    guys, with the rising fuel prices now and in the future, do you agree that being a CRDi of the Sta Fe would play a big factor for being the better suv vs the 2.4 mivecs of the outlander?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Yes, but babawi din ang Outlander sa maintenance.

CRDi parts are expensive. If you're only going to sell it before 5 years. Pwede na ang Santa Fe.

Just my opinion.
    iam3739.com

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Mitsu OUTLANDER or Hyunda STA FE