New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    I need help.

This is my first time to buy a car and i need your inputs so i can be sure na di ako magsisi in the end. We only have a small budget but desperately need a car

Mirage HB 1.2 GLX CVT - 603k SRP
    Picanto 1.2 EX A/T - 650k SRP

Main function:
    1. City drving daily, sundo lang sa anak school and wife sa office / work related around the metro only
    2. Out of town mga once or twice a month, uwi ng province

Below are my considerations
    1. Safety
    2. Fuel economy
    3. Cheaper to maintain
    4. 4 to 5 years life span ng car

Gusto ko sana malaman ano advantages and disadvantage ng both cars na yan and the following below,

1. Mirage has CVT while picanto has 4speed A/T
    2. Mirage 3 cylinder vs Picanto 4 cylinder

At kung may iba mga dapat pa ko malaman. Open for suggestions din.

Maraming salamat in advance. Godspeed!

Sent from my E6683 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    You should watch for mitsubishi discounts on olx.

The mirage and g4 prices sometimes drop 30-60k.

Cost aside,

The mitsu 3banger has been extremely popular and so far this engine is quite good.

I would get the g4 over the hb. Safer imo. Extra buffer.

Only downside is the somewhat not freezing cold a/c.. the cabin is huge. Get premium tints to somewhat offset this.

The mirage has low maintenance cost compared to kia-pms cost.

Here is the maintenance guide from mmpc

Service Plus - Mitsubishi Motors Philippines Corporation

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Am on the lookout as well, with a budget of P 600k. Discounted prices are now at P 638k for the GLS and P 600k for the Picanto. I've not checked if the Picanto still does not have airbags. I'm also looking at the Wigo and Celerio (smaller), and the Swift 1.2 (bigger but above budget). Will be buying in 2 months pa.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Thanks for the inputs sir!

I love hatchbacks ever since. Im more clinging to mirage for its safety and fuel efficiency.

Im not sure also if picanto has airbags, ive heard kasi wala.

Wigo sana ok, but sabi nila maingay daw makina, and i think suzuki's parts are hard to find, also the aftersales service is not that good as ive heard, so i already narrowed down my choices between the two.

Im also afraid since the newest picanto was released i think 2015, and buying one might be a risk if they released a facelifted or newer model.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Same situation here, but opted to go with the mirage, due to the following reasons:
    1) Mas maluwag ang cabin ng mirage
    2) Mas fuel efficient due to cvt transmission
    3) Tunog lata yung picanto when you close the doors, and the plastics of mirage has a more premium feel if compared to picanto.
    4) i have a friend who has a picanto, and medyo hirap sa parts, medyo maghihintay ka lang, although luma na yung picanto nya.
    5) malaki discount ng mitsubishi.

Yung wigo ok din, pero kung AT ang target nyo, mas fuel efficient parin mirage plus mas mura parin lalabas yung mirage after discounts.

Good luck and happy hunting!

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    Kami waiting nalang sa mirage hatchback 538k glx cvt plus 3years lto and tpl dami pa freebies... Sulit na sulit.. Mas ok sana yung G4 kaso diko type itsura

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Mga sir nag cash kayo? Gusto ko sana i cash kaso advise saken o 50% down ko then 3yrs to pay nlng. May discount din po ba pag 50% dp? Maraming salamat!

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    Cash ako bro, waiting ka nga lang. Kapag hulugan anlaki ng interest nakakapanghinayang.
    May discount din naman kapag hulugan kaso mas malaki ang interest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Pero kung may pang cash ka, hindi ba pwedeng kunin muna nang hulugan (to get the discounts) tapos after a certain period mag full payment ka na?

Tapatalked

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    Pero kung may pang cash ka, hindi ba pwedeng kunin muna nang hulugan (to get the discounts) tapos after a certain period mag full payment ka na?

Tapatalked
    Yes, you can do that, but they will also make the necessary adjustments with the price since interest will still be there.

If you can pay cash, it's still cheaper...

I would understand the "waiting period" since the dealership makes a lot of $$ if you purchase the car in installment...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast