New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    BTW. back to the topic...

Test drive both vehicles before you make a final choice...

Mirage should give you a better resale value than the Picanto...

Personally, I will always choose the car with a bigger engine.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr1v3r View Post
    Mga sir nag cash kayo? Gusto ko sana i cash kaso advise saken o 50% down ko then 3yrs to pay nlng. May discount din po ba pag 50% dp? Maraming salamat!

Sent from my E6683 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    You can go with a bank financing scheme. That will be good as cash sa casa, so they will give you a big discount. Got P75k discount for my unit. Then you can pay the bank 50% dp 50% 3 yrs to pay. Mas maliit sir ang interest rate sa bank

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Kung wala ka namang pag gagamitan ng pera, magcash ka na. Sayang interest. Pero kung gagamitin mo sa business, go for financing. Basta ba mas malaki ang tutubuin mo sa business kaysa sa interest rate ng sasakyan

4. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Thanks everyone for the input. Update, we opt to go with bank financing 50%dp, metrobank is morenlower than bpi.

Thanks for your inputs! We've decided to go with Mirage HB GLS CVT. Specially all the safety features that comes with it. Parang wala n ko need idagdag sa set up nya, sub nlng siguro

Maraming salamat po ulit sa inyo and more power! Malaking naitulong nito sakin in choosing the right car. Di din kasi biro bumili ng kotse, malaki laking investment din.

Sent from my E6683 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    I agree with boss StockEngine, instead of a hatchback, consider getting a sedan, since you have a kid. It offers better rear protection. Aside from the G4, you can also look at a Vios 1.3 J.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    I agree with boss StockEngine, instead of a hatchback, consider getting a sedan, since you have a kid. It offers better rear protection. Aside from the G4, you can also look at a Vios 1.3 J.
    Huuuy di ako boss lol.

Bro/guys kita nyo yun post sa topgear or was it deakin. It was recent 1-3days ago. A subcompact was rear ended, but the cabin was intact-the rear glass wasnt even touched. The trunk collapsed but absorbed all the damage. Sana wala na saktan.

Even if youre a good driver, drivers from the rear arent that good. Brake check them madafakers.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Huuuy di ako boss lol.

Bro/guys kita nyo yun post sa topgear or was it deakin. It was recent 1-3days ago. A subcompact was rear ended, but the cabin was intact-the rear glass wasnt even touched. The trunk collapsed but absorbed all the damage. Sana wala na saktan.

Even if youre a good driver, drivers from the rear arent that good. Brake check them madafakers.
    Brake check for what? Tapos sesemplang sayo. I don't get it bakit gaganunin mo pa. Lalo na mga bobong motorcycle na nagbbrake check

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Huuuy di ako boss lol.

True. I had 3 car accidents in my 15+ years of driving, all of which I was rear ended. Isa nawalan ng preno(bulok na fiera), isa FX na hindi nakapagbrake on time kasi divided attention niya sa paniningil, yung huli(uv express) nakatulog while driving. Kahit gaano tayo kaingat, minsan mamalasin tayo sa mga madafakers na to and I won't risk my precious cargo(kid) on a hatchback. I own a Swift but we don't use it when I am with my son.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    A hatchback isn't necessarily less safe in real-world rear impacts. Just as a big old SUV is actually worse than a modern MPV (as tested by Top Gear, old Discovery vs Espace). NCAP doesn't even include it in their tests:

The physics of collisions and car safety designs are sometimes different from the instinctive ideas of most people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Being in an accident myself, I know how dangerous those rear collisions can be. My last car that was hit was a Rav4, when the UV express hit my car from behind, the rear windshield ingressed into my cabin. I can't imagine if I was driving a hatchback that time, the shorter distance from the rear headrest to the rear windshield can definitely hurt anyone sitting there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12