New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    this was posted sa PTP.. quote ko lang po..

Engine 3.7 DOHC 24V V6
    Maximum Output (bhp * rpm) 277 * 6250
    Maximum Torque (Nm * rpm) 366 * 4250
    Fuel Type / Recom. Octane Gasoline / 93~
    Fuel System / Aspiration EFI / NA
    Fuel Mileage (km/L) 6.80 (mfg.)
    Transmission 6-speed AT

Price: PhP 2.6M!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'm quite puzzled, I've never heard of the 3.7 liter V6 before... I'm pretty sure, though, that it's based on the 3.5 V6 Ford is now using (checking... oh, yeah, it is...), based on the joint Ford-GM development program.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I'm quite puzzled, I've never heard of the 3.7 liter V6 before... I'm pretty sure, though, that it's based on the 3.5 V6 Ford is now using (checking... oh, yeah, it is...), based on the joint Ford-GM development program.
    niky, if it turns out to be a ford V6 - is that good or bad?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The old Ford 3.0 V6 wasn't a very good engine. Didn't make very much power for its size, guzzled gas, was unrefined... but it was also used in the Noble supercar and in Jaguars (of course, with modifications)...

The new 3.7 is a more modern engine. Whether or not it'll be a good or bad one is something we've yet to see.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Just test drove the Mazda CX-9. Ok naman sya, very powerful, very luxurious interiors, nice turning radius, etc.

Kaso lang for that price, sana they also included HID and backup sensors.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    did a very very short test drive on the VeraCruz last week ...

nothing much really to complain about the ride. ( coming from a Gen 2.5 Fieldmaster driver )
    high,commanding seating position ... automatic/manual transmission ... very quiet engine and cabin ... plush leather seats ... etc.

lots of electronic goodies to push ... sweet sound system ... moon roof ... smart key

legroom for the third row is adequate and third row can seat three teens if necessary

hoping to test drive CX9 next week.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Copied po Mazda CX7 from AutoIndustriya. Ganda po ng pagkapaint job nya.

Pasensya na po newbie lang in posting pics kaya too much excited pa

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Eismann View Post
    CX9 is undohbtedly a better SUV but the price should be less than 2M imo and comparo should be done not with a VC CRDI but with the RAV4.
    You must be referring to CX7 vs RAV.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    checked out the CX9 a few days ago ...

can't say much about the ride and handling as we were only allowed a short drive in a parking lot
    too bad because IMO, it is precisely these that are its perceived advantage over the VC.

i found the driving position a bit lower than what I'm used to. the 8 way powered driver seat can be raised in exchange for headroom. i think it has less headroom for the driver compared to the VC. i also think the rear view is bit limited.

second row legroom is very good. third row legroom is a compromise with the added cargo space at the back.
    brought the entire family and all eight of us can fit in.
    for seating capacity, legroom, method of accessing the third row ...it's a tie between the two vehicles.

CX9 wins it ( at least for my wife ) in the interior cabin design. wife loves the leather, console trims...

but for a gadget-freak , the CX9 lags the VC greatly...
    disregarding the engine-type , the following features are standard on the VC and not included on the CX9

power tailgate ( although the absence of a manual override dampens my enthusiasm , but the kids love it )
    power steering column control ( how often do we need to adjust this ? )
    trip computer ( can't believe this is missing on the CX9 )
    auto-dimming rear view mirror with electronic compass
    roof rails / side stepboards
    premium audio system
    HID headlamps
    aircon vents for the third row
    extra two year warranty

are all those features above worth the 200K price difference ?

esep-esep

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bayonic View Post
    disregarding the engine-type , the following features are standard on the VC and not included on the CX9

power tailgate ( although the absence of a manual override dampens my enthusiasm , but the kids love it )
    power steering column control ( how often do we need to adjust this ? )
    trip computer ( can't believe this is missing on the CX9 )
    auto-dimming rear view mirror with electronic compass
    roof rails / side stepboards
    premium audio system
    HID headlamps
    aircon vents for the third row
    extra two year warranty

are all those features above worth the 200K price difference ?

esep-esep
    baka in 6 mos mazda will release an improved version without those short comings and finally include them as standard. yun ang mahirap pag bagong release. yun usually ang 'test' batch. and after a few months of market study, they'll see kung anong kulang -or sobra- sa mga amenities compared to the competition or gusto ng customers.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Mazda CX9 vs Hyundai VeraCruz