New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    Yep, 20". But I think the VC is more comfortable.
    Well, I don't know how much this should matter, but then the Tribute drives like a tall car with a relatively firm-ish ride. Comfy to an extent, but more suited for better high speed handling. I wonder if the CX9 was designed "with the soul of a sports car". Hehehe!

Quote Originally Posted by Eismann View Post
    CX9 is undohbtedly a better SUV but the price should be less than 2M imo and comparo should be done not with a VC CRDI but with the RAV4.
    Really? Is it about the size of a RAV4/much smaller than the VC?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Eismann View Post
    CX9 is undohbtedly a better SUV but the price should be less than 2M imo and comparo should be done not with a VC CRDI but with the RAV4.
    CX9 is a 7 seater CUV. RAV4 has no 3rd row.
    CX9 is longer than the VC and has the same width.

RAV4 MSRP in the U.S. is mid 20K
    CX9 and VC ( 3.8L V6 Gas engine ) in the U.S. is in the high 20K ~ mid 30K range

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    CX9 is a 7 seater CUV. RAV4 has no 3rd row.
    Ooops my bad...kala ko kasi this is just a beefed up a 5 seater soft roader. This is the reason why I'm asking about the 3rd row...he-he.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006

vs

pics courtesy of www.familycar.com

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006

vs

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006

vs

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006

( local version has black leather seats and no Navigation/DVD screen )

vs

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Both rides are cool. Looking sideways, for me the CX-9 looks like a Porsche Cayenne while the VeraCruz is similar to a BMW X3. Its hard to judge these two, both have their own point of distinction.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Personally, i think the Veracruz is too expensive. Interior is similar to Santa Fe II. The only plus is has against SF II is its powerful engine but SF II has a more fluid design. The only part of SF II i didn't like is its door handle at the hatch which is like a sore mole on a pretty girl's face. hehe.

The only thing I don't like about Veracruz is the grille and maybe the taillights. Hence, I'm excited for the Veracruz II. SF-I is darn ugly, then SF II is damn beautiful. Veracruz in itself is already great, but there's always room for improvement for VC II. Of all the cars, i don't know why they wasted their time and focused on beating a Lexus SUV. hehe.

On the topic, I'd pick the VC of course. I drive fast hence if I choose the CX9, I'll be sorry come fill-up time.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Correct me if I'm wrong - the CX9 has a Ford V6 engine.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Mazda CX9 vs Hyundai VeraCruz