New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    price is almost same. prime consideration is comfort.

most of the time wifey is seated beside the driver. from Manila back to LU this morning, she occupied the second row seat of our Fortuner Q. hindi daw sya makatulog dahil medyo matagtag. had adjusted the tire pressure before to 29 psig iirc.

will try to dispose this Fort Q and planning to replace with these choices. nakita ko na yung Fortuner GR Sports in the metal with upgraded suspension daw pero sa tingin ko mas okay pa rin ang 2 ito.

sa mga may karanasan sa 2 car na ito, please share your experience. tia

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    price is almost same. prime consideration is comfort.

most of the time wifey is seated beside the driver. from Manila back to LU this morning, she occupied the second row seat of our Fortuner Q. hindi daw sya makatulog dahil medyo matagtag. had adjusted the tire pressure before to 29 psig iirc.

will try to dispose this Fort Q and planning to replace with these choices. nakita ko na yung Fortuner GR Sports in the metal with upgraded suspension daw pero sa tingin ko mas okay pa rin ang 2 ito.

sa mga may karanasan sa 2 car na ito, please share your experience. tia
    No experience with the explorer per se... but I did have an experience with a blown ecoboost engine before. So there's that.

Personally I would go with the Mazda CX-9.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    No experience with the explorer per se... but I did have an experience with a blown ecoboost engine before. So there's that.

Personally I would go with the Mazda CX-9.
    thanks bro. is it the same 2.3 ecoboost engine?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    thanks bro. is it the same 2.3 ecoboost engine?
    Nope. A 1.5L Ecoboost. All stock. Hopefully the 2.3L ecoboost will fare better.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    The new explorer just came out but I've seen a few on the road. We have a previous generation one in our household and it has been reliable not but not cheap to maintain. Suspension items are expensive but the engine has mostly been rock solid. Surprisingly efficient fuel mileage for a big car.

Also try driving it since there is a marked difference between the size of a Fortuner vs a CX9/Explorer. Its probably 7-8 inches wider and that makes a massive difference is parking basements and tight roads. I drove my friend's fortuner and it was night and day in terms of size.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    The new explorer just came out but I've seen a few on the road. We have a previous generation one in our household and it has been reliable not but not cheap to maintain. Suspension items are expensive but the engine has mostly been rock solid. Surprisingly efficient fuel mileage for a big car.

Also try driving it since there is a marked difference between the size of a Fortuner vs a CX9/Explorer. Its probably 7-8 inches wider and that makes a massive difference is parking basements and tight roads. I drove my friend's fortuner and it was night and day in terms of size.
    thanks for the insights bro. i think in terms of length, our 3rd gen kia grand carnival is still longer. sa lapad naman halos konti lang ang difference at pwede silang side by side sa garage namin kung sakali.

si GC ang usually workhorse namin pag long trip for obvious reasons (mas matipid at komportable) kaso nag 2 days sila sa Manila at aabutan sya ng coding.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have a 2015 explorer, definitely more comfortable sa mga common Japan SUVs.

Maintenace and gas mileage relative for me but expect na mas mataas talaga compare sa mga jap SUVs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Mine is 2017, reliable sya sakin just the normal change oil every 10k kms. Very comfortable and smooth ang drive. I am comparing it sa 2016 everest. Very good highway cruiser with lots of power under the hood (I have the 3.5L). The 2.3L ecoboost has better mileage.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gongrhey View Post
    Mine is 2017, reliable sya sakin just the normal change oil every 10k kms. Very comfortable and smooth ang drive. I am comparing it sa 2016 everest. Very good highway cruiser with lots of power under the hood (I have the 3.5L). The 2.3L ecoboost has better mileage.
    parang wala na ngayon itong 3.5L variant.

bro shadow, yung sa iyo ba ay 3.5L variant din?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by gongrhey View Post
    is your 3.5L was an ecoboost? or n/a?

parang wala na ngayon itong 3.5L variant.

bro shadow, yung sa iyo ba ay 3.5L variant din?
    kahit sa USDM yung current generation. yung v6 na lang nila is 3.3L hybrid at 3.0L ecoboost sa ST version.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast