New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    from my experience, the 7 is a vehicle meant for those who want to be the one driving and not for the ones who want to be just passengers

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Kung kayo magdrive cx-7 na but if you want more space, sta.fe
    For looks? up to you sir.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    depende rin sa pag-gagamitan mo, kung pamilyado ka and need mo talaga ng space edi SF ka n lng otherwise better go for the ***ier and mas mapormang cx7. I believe SF is the most powerful SUV in its class but cx7 gives you a little bit of distinction since it's not that common.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    I took a good long look at both the Mazda CX-7 and Hyundai Santa Fe before buying a SUV.

I think they're both excellent choices but they do have some pros and cons.

The Mazda CX-7 has a plush interior but if you're seated in the back, it feels unusually cramped. The good thing about Mazda is that they're aggressive in coming up with a good deal. Although the CX-7 has nice lines, the finish on the outside doesn't look good on the details.

The Santa Fe is more ponderous looking than the CX-7 but it seems more comfortable. It's got lots of toys - like the cooler. Unlike the CX-7, it has 7 seats. The diesel version is the best one to get here. However, having owned a Tucson before, I can't say I'm entirely happy with Hyundai - after a couple of years, the Tucson seemed worn out (due to cheap materials).

In the end, I ended up getting a Subaru Forester XT!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    For this comparison my vote goes to SF

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow3616931 View Post
    For this comparison my vote goes to SF
    Same here, SF for this comparo.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    OT: wow ganda ng sportage! kaya lang wala pa yatang released na diesel variant sa atin??
    On topic: For your comparisons , my vote goes to SF ... mas maporma nga CX-7 sa exterior in my opinion.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by trucker111 View Post
    feedback pls.
    riding comfort, engine performance, interior, sound system, maintenance etc.
    Seeing that this thread started in May 31, I am just curious - have you made your choice? Which one did you get and why?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I have a SF. Took it for a Pagudpud Run beginning of June, I ran 12Km/Litre...

The comparison for both is Apples & Oranges to me coz of their Size. The CX7 has no 3rd row, has No Diesel Variant as well as AWD too. Had my SF for over 4Yrs na with only 50+K and its been problem free for me. The CX for me looks like an overly dressed up Escape coz I think thats what it is. They have the same 2.3Litre Engine ata e. Room in the rear is a bit cramp for my taste. Although the Interior is a bit upscale over the SF, it doesnt justify me the price. Id rather get the most i can get out of my budget & by far the SF is a good valued price SUV even to its nearest cousin which is the Kia Sorento...

I think the topic should be, "What can i get for my P1.5M?". One thing to take into consideration, which one of the 2 IS cheaper to maintain? Remember, the Car is easy to acquire, its the relationship after is the issue to consider.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuljacks View Post
    .... They have the same 2.3Litre Engine ata e.
    the CX-7 has a 2.5L MZR engine

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Mazda CX-7 or Hyundai Santa Fe