New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    CX9 FC is around 4-5 km/L for daily city driving

Our CX9 right now is only being used on weekends and since there’s less traffic and puro highway, we get an FC of 6-7

Not the most practical car IMHO but it’s really nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Yeah, really really pretty car : )

Too bad I have to consider the FC since my daily drive to work passes areas with congested roads therefore very slow moving.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxpinpointxxx View Post
    We have a 2016 CX-5 Pro. Right now fuel consumption average is 12.2l/100km with average speed of 12 km/h. Mostly city driven. Odo is now at 39,000+kms. Just sharing the fuel economy numbers 8-)
    Thanks for sharing : )

3. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Hello,
    Newbie here. I was just browsing a comparison some kind of these cars. Gladly I found this thread. I hope sooner or later, I got some best decision from here. Brilliant ideas guys! Thank you.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Everyone seem to keep forgetting the new Rav4 😂

Honestly it’s probably the best choice when it comes to the base model.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Everyone seem to keep forgetting the new Rav4 [emoji23]

Honestly it’s probably the best choice when it comes to the base model.
    Can't go wrong with a Toyota.

Too bad they aren't bringing in the hybrid models. A friend who just recently moved to the US ordered a base model Rav4 hybrid for less than 30 grand. Already has all the safety features one can imagine plus standard AWD, and a badass 219hp combined power output. Now if only they can bring this here without the pricing going through the roof...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Everyone seem to keep forgetting the new Rav4 😂

Honestly itÂ’s probably the best choice when it comes to the base model.
    At 1.638M with basic features, it is a bit pricey compared to other base model FWD CUVs. The base model Forester that comes standard with AWD is priced below 1.6M. A similarly-priced CRV FWD 2.0S offers more features than the base model Rav4.

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Can't go wrong with a Toyota.

Too bad they aren't bringing in the hybrid models. A friend who just recently moved to the US ordered a base model Rav4 hybrid for less than 30 grand. Already has all the safety features one can imagine plus standard AWD, and a badass 219hp combined power output. Now if only they can bring this here without the pricing going through the roof...

Toyota flaunts its global laurels but ToyotaPH need not offer the local market with stripped down models at high prices. The US market is all about offering a feature-packed product at competitive pricing. Also, as ToyotaPH said, they will not offer an AWD Rav4 anymore due to dismal sales or prior generations.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    At 1.638M with basic features, it is a bit pricey compared to other base model FWD CUVs. The base model Forester that comes standard with AWD is priced below 1.6M. A similarly-priced CRV FWD 2.0S offers more features than the base model Rav4.

Toyota flaunts its global laurels but ToyotaPH need not offer the local market with stripped down models at high prices. The US market is all about offering a feature-packed product at competitive pricing. Also, as ToyotaPH said, they will not offer an AWD Rav4 anymore due to dismal sales or prior generations.
    Yun nga. Eh syempre dismal ang sales. Ang mahal mahal ng AWD variant nila. Napakalaki ng agwat sa 4x2. Mas mahal pa sa Fortuner 4x4. Parang ayaw ipabenta.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013

Let’s look at the bigger picture here. See the “intangibles”.

Unlike the Forester and CRV 2.0, the Rav4 has both direct and port direct injection, meaning carbon deposits on the intake valves will be virtually non existent. Both those two use CVT while the Rav4 uses conventional torque converter which will definitely last longer. The Rav4 will definitely outlast those two not just because of “Toyota reliability”.

The Rav4Â’s 200hp is significantly better for overtaking in the highway (if you live in the provinces) than those two which only has 150 something hp.

For the AWD, yes its nice to have but it really isnÂ’t necessary. It increases the weight of the vehicle and also increases fuel consumption. Yes it will improve grip and perform better off road but honestly, who goes off roading with their CUV? 😂

In my opinion, with the Rav4 you’re getting a decent performance, you get the best “theoretical” reliability, you get the practicality. Those features that the Forester and CRV have like leather seats, etc are nice but it is something you can live without.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ If performance is what you are looking for from a CUV, then you are looking at the wrong option. You can still buy a previous gen Forester XT for less than 1.8M.

By the way, AWD is not just for offroad use. It may not be always necessary but an AWD system helps the vehicle to be have more grip on the road. It helps in making sure that you have traction across all four wheels all the time. In the case of Subaru, it is a standard option and there is no FWD-only option.
    Last edited by Egan101; April 17th, 2019 at 12:07 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    ^^^ If performance is what you are looking for from a CUV, then you are looking at the wrong option. You can still buy a previous gen Forester XT for less than 1.8M.

By the way, AWD is not just for offroad use. It may not be always necessary but an AWD system helps the vehicle to be have more grip on the road. It helps in making sure that you have traction across all four wheels all the time. In the case of Subaru, it is a standard option and there is no FWD-only option.
    More than 2M na ang official price nila ngayon sa old Forester XT, unless you’re talking about it being discounted?

Yes, as I said with the AWD, it helps with the grip especially in the rain but really in real life, just don’t drive like a maniac and FWD will be fine.

I agree with you, outright performance nothing beats the good old XT... BUT if decent performance coupled with probably the best reliability on a newer platform for a relatively reasonable price is what you’re after, the base Rav4 is my personal choice.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast