New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Hi all,

I'm choosing between the two. The CX-5 FWD Pro (base model) is at 1.680 with a 130K discount. The CR-V 1.6V is at 1.688M with about 65K discount.

I think since both are base models, neither has the bells and whistles. But the CX-5 probably has an advantage in terms of safety features; while to me, the main advantage of the Honda is the diesel engine. I don't need the 7-seats.

Any thoughts? I really don't want to spend more than 1.7M (I'd prefer it to be closer to 1.5M actually, which is why maybe the CX-3 or the HRV might be a consideration, although i prefer the CX-5 and the CR-V).

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    How about another option? Base model Forester is priced at 1.598M and the midtrim model with Eyesight is at 1.698M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    if you wont mind the suspension niggles of the crv. the crv is my choice

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    How about another option? Base model Forester is priced at 1.598M and the midtrim model with Eyesight is at 1.698M.

I own the 2011/12 Forester I was hoping to try other brands, for a change. Haha.

I guess I should probably check it out though.
    Last edited by April_Ryan; March 24th, 2019 at 08:25 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by April_Ryan View Post
    I own the 2011/12 Forester I was hoping to try other brands, for a change. Haha.

I guess I should probably check it out though.
    Oh, you got the SH platform. The new one, SK platform, is two generations ahead already. Check it out first.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hi all,

I'm choosing between the two. The CX-5 FWD Pro (base model) is at 1.680 with a 130K discount. The CR-V 1.6V is at 1.688M with about 65K discount.

I think since both are base models, neither has the bells and whistles. But the CX-5 probably has an advantage in terms of safety features; while to me, the main advantage of the Honda is the diesel engine. I don't need the 7-seats.

Any thoughts? I really don't want to spend more than 1.7M (I'd prefer it to be closer to 1.5M actually, which is why maybe the CX-3 or the HRV might be a consideration, although i prefer the CX-5 and the CR-V).
    During this time of heavy traffic and high fuel prices, for daily driver city transport, I'd go for the CRV.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Maybe consider the Honda CR-V 2.0S gasoline model ... Better features than the 1.6V diesel ...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Hi all,

I would go with Honda CRV. Parts availability and cost are common issues among Mazda cars. I have several friends who own a Mazda.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJ0922 View Post
    I would go with Honda CRV. Parts availability and cost are common issues among Mazda cars. I have several friends who own a Mazda.
    The current Mazda under Bermaz is totally different from the Ford era. It must've improved a lot in service, parts cost/availability basing on our ownership experience the last 5years.
    The population of Skyactivs has grown exponentially, too. A lot of common parts are shared across their current product line...the 2, 3, 6, CX3, CX5 & 9. Fast moving consumables & wear items are usually available off the shelf, reasonably priced. Only the BT50 remains having some Ford in it.
    Dealerships maybe the most convenient support source, but they're not the lone. Online sources for proper parts have become very reliable, accessible & practical. This has made it more assuring to look beyond the T & H badges.....
    In major decisions like transport & shelter, try listening to the heart. The lasting choices I made were not from the head.Mazda CX-5 FWD Pro v. Honda CR-V 1.6 V

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    The population of Skyactivs has grown exponentially, too. A lot of common parts are shared across their current product line...the 2, 3, 6, CX3, CX5 & 9. Fast moving consumables & wear items are usually available off the shelf, reasonably priced. Only the BT50 remains having some Ford in it.
    Dealerships maybe the most convenient support source, but they're not the lone. Online sources for proper parts have become very reliable, accessible & practical. This has made it more assuring to look beyond the T & H badges.....
    In major decisions like transport & shelter, try listening to the heart. The lasting choices I made were not from the head.Mazda CX-5 FWD Pro v. Honda CR-V 1.6 V

That is noted and thanks for the feedback : )

If I may ask, do you have any idea about the fuel economy of the new CX5 and CX9?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast