New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post

And tama si JohnM, if a 4-speed cruises down the highway at 2,000RPM while a 5-6 speed cruises down the highway at 2,500RPM.. kahit ano gawin mo, the 4-speed is still more fuel-efficient. It's all about the gearing of the transmission. Of course, we can always say that 5-6 speed trannys are more fuel efficient in general thanks to a higher selection of gear but it isn't always more fuel efficient.

The sad fact I feel is that a lot of people are recommending cars based on their paper specifications alone without even driving both cars themselves or that they simply drive one car but not the other one (one-side bias). This is especially important in a car comparison thread where we compare X car with Y car and see which is better suited for the threadstarter's aim. Gayahin niyo naman si niky -- nagtest drive ng madami and gives honest feedback regarding his opinions
    Exactly. Yan ang sakit ng ilang internet "car experts"... Kesyo 1,000,000hp, ganito presyo for ganito features, sabi ng kaibigan ng bayaw ng Tito ko, etc... If you ask them if they have comprehensively driven and experienced the car... Itlog Lang ang mukukuha mo.

More gears is nice to have but I agree, for 80% of the drivers, 80% of the time, you only utilize a small part of the performance and spec capabilities. Guys like Toyota know that and have the luxury of good brand equity thats why they still churn out supposedly archaic 1.3 and 1.6 cars running on 4-speed a/Ts. On a side note, I have a 5speed and 6speed 1.6L Altis and surprisingly, I still got the best highway FC from the older 5speed.

On the Mazda 3 1.6L, I almost bought one before not because it was the fastest nor torque Laden, it was because I loved the driving feel it gave.
    Last edited by vinj; September 10th, 2013 at 02:51 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Hi Guys,

May new feedback ba kayo regarding dito sa Mazda 3 Maxx?

Baka kasi kumuha kami this saturday, Mazda 3 maxx white. DP is 79k and 18226 for 5yrs. Ok deal na ba ito? TIA.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwtfitzsean View Post
    Hi Guys,

May new feedback ba kayo regarding dito sa Mazda 3 Maxx?

Baka kasi kumuha kami this saturday, Mazda 3 maxx white. DP is 79k and 18226 for 5yrs. Ok deal na ba ito? TIA.
    if you can shoulder 18k a month, i think it would be wiser to wait for a while and save up so you can afford giving a bigger DP to lower the effect of the interest rate on the net price of the car. IMO lang naman

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Why not wait for the new Mazda 3 with skyactive engine?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Bubuhayin ko lang itong thread.
    May Mazda 3 Maxx 899k nanaman ngayon with the new kodo body but with the old 1.6 engine. Is this a good buy? Meron ba sa inyong nakakaalam ng specs nito? Wala kasi ako mahanap sa internet aside from the difference sa engine. Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bin Diesel View Post
    Bubuhayin ko lang itong thread.
    May Mazda 3 Maxx 899k nanaman ngayon with the new kodo body but with the old 1.6 engine. Is this a good buy? Meron ba sa inyong nakakaalam ng specs nito? Wala kasi ako mahanap sa internet aside from the difference sa engine. Thanks.
    Manual climate control, steel rims, ordinary head unit (not the iPad-like LCD on the SkyActiv). Not worth it, if you really like the Mazda 3, get the 1.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Manual climate control, steel rims, ordinary head unit (not the iPad-like LCD on the SkyActiv). Not worth it, if you really like the Mazda 3, get the 1.5.

Seems like the 75k is money well spent in this case. Haven't seen a maxx unit on the road yet.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

Thanks Jut. Well naisip ko lang kasi mura baka kasi sulit din. Ang lapit na kasi ng presyo sa M2.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Go for mazda2 nalang.. Hindi skyactive engine nyan... Old mazda3 engine yan..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    i guess same parin ang price when this thread started.

I almost bought mazda maxx thinking this was skyactive!

Mazda Maxx
    priced at 949k sa cebu
    69k down(promo), 18k+ monthly

para sakin - d toh worth it.
    1. Tire - with cover only. add 20k to change to 16" mags.
    2. Speaker - 4 speakers vs 6speakers sa skyactive
    3. Radio - ordinary, no 7"touchscreen, no bluetooth
    4. 4speed AT vs 6speed AT (+Skyactive)
    5. no RED variant
    6. No rearview camera (mazda 3 *Feb2016 up have them already)

vs Mazda 3 SkyActive
    priced at 999k sa cebu
    129k down, 19k+ monthly

The only reason why you would get this is for the looks at affordable downpayment.

still hoping for Mazda 3 skyactive promo.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast