New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Fact is, you can't really tell from paper specs how the car drives. Simple as that.

A Vios 1.3 makes 85 hp, a City 1.3 makes 100. But anyone who has driven both will tell you that for the most part of the rev range, the Vios is peppier.
    I agree on this one, The Vios feels torqueir than the City in revs lower than 5k.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by E240 View Post
    Actually late na kasi dumating yang kaha na yan satin luma pa engine. Ewan ko ba sa mazda bakit ganun. May all new na nga eh, ilang taon palang dito yang generation na yan. Hawig sa new mazda 6 yung pinaka bagong mazda 3.
    Thing is kelan ba ni-release ng Mazda ang current 3 dito sa Philippines? Mga mid-late 2011 na ata. Priced too high with outdated engine. I think FGP really did that on purpose kasi they have plans to drop Mazda later on. So, pag laglag nila sa Mazda, wala nang followers, priced too high, with outdated engine, tapos tamang tama yung brand new Focus nila, newer tech, newer more powerful engine tapos halos similar price. That's how they tried to sabotage the 3.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by s10pao View Post
    saan ba nakukuha ung ganitong info?
    Google. Simple search for "<brand name> <car> horsepower and torque graph". Unless you're part of the first-buyers, most cars have their dyno figures easily accessible. It isn't like you have to knock on Speedlabs' or Autoplus front doors to get it.

And tama si JohnM, if a 4-speed cruises down the highway at 2,000RPM while a 5-6 speed cruises down the highway at 2,500RPM.. kahit ano gawin mo, the 4-speed is still more fuel-efficient. It's all about the gearing of the transmission. Of course, we can always say that 5-6 speed trannys are more fuel efficient in general thanks to a higher selection of gear but it isn't always more fuel efficient.

Always remember that the car is what it is based on the sum of its parts. It's not always about the engine. It's useless to have 700 horses under the hood if super slick tires in rainy weather. It's all about how great the synergy between the drivetrain, engine, etc. that delivers the term you call "performance".

The sad fact I feel is that a lot of people are recommending cars based on their paper specifications alone without even driving both cars themselves or that they simply drive one car but not the other one (one-side bias). This is especially important in a car comparison thread where we compare X car with Y car and see which is better suited for the threadstarter's aim. Gayahin niyo naman si niky -- nagtest drive ng madami and gives honest feedback regarding his opinions

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Google. Simple search for "<brand name> <car> horsepower and torque graph". Unless you're part of the first-buyers, most cars have their dyno figures easily accessible. It isn't like you have to knock on Speedlabs' or Autoplus front doors to get it.
    thanks for this info.

Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    And tama si JohnM, if a 4-speed cruises down the highway at 2,000RPM while a 5-6 speed cruises down the highway at 2,500RPM.. kahit ano gawin mo, the 4-speed is still more fuel-efficient. It's all about the gearing of the transmission. Of course, we can always say that 5-6 speed trannys are more fuel efficient in general thanks to a higher selection of gear but it isn't always more fuel efficient.
    ah ok. so mas matipid ang 4AT as compared to a 6AT in the HW due to the gear ratio at the highest gear.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    So ang Fuel Efficiency ay naka-depende sa RPM value? Kung halimbawa both cars traveling at speed 100km/hr; si car A at 2300rpm, while car B at 2500rpm, ibig sabihin mas matipid si car A?

I'm driving 1.5E City AT, napansin ko it changes gear at 2000rpm (for lower gears). Hindi ko na tinitignan at higher gears ano rpm ko since I'm more focus on the road.

Anyway, I remember this info for my 2nd buy soon

6. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    I think it's better wait for the next gen Mazda 3 or choose something else if you need to buy a new car soon. You might just feel disappointed knowing that your car will be obsolete in less than a year.

The next gen Mazda 3 is really nice based on the newly released photos as it represents a new direction for Mazda just like the CX-5 and 6.

Plus, with how Mazda is positioning their new models, I'm pretty sure the new 3 will be priced and packaged very aggressively.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    maganda naman siya. I just dont like how it guzzles up gas. Tried the older Mazda 3 but i think its the same engine as this one as other stated? It feels somewhat heavy... BUT i commend and love its handling!!! Very connected ang driver sa wheel. Fun to drive hands down!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Lower RPM at top gear is what matters for efficient cruising. Kahit pa 6AT sya pero mataas RPM nya, mas ma-konsumo sya. Pero mostly, having highers gears permits a tranny to cruise at much lower RPM.

for more car updates:
    https://www.facebook.com/AutoEncorePhil

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    New 3 coming next year pa according to Berjaya Phils: The latest motoring news in the Philippines and abroad | TopGear.com.ph

10. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    I hope it isnt too much for the 1.6 to drag this car. Well, goodluck to the current and future owners of this one. I hope it wont have the same story with the previous gen 1.6 m3. What im looking forward to is the new m3. The hatch looks nice and im sure the sedan would be too. If priced right like the m6 which undercuts the camry it could be a big hit since compacts are the go-to vehicle class of the majority aside from subcompacts.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast