New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Revo and Adventure should ride better, but still not as well as a car. My cousin's REVO VX200 rides kinda well, with decent performance, but then, it's a gasoline car, and a guzzler, too.

Actually, the older the Crosswind, paradoxically, the better the ride (lighter duty suspension and lighter bodies).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Hi. Just thought of sharing insights here. There a other ways in powering up a vehicle (a car, in this case). I heard this a long time ago, that a fellow filipino spear-headed the technology of Hydro-powered car (H2O, not any form of gas, in this respect), besides, our planet earth is made up of 75% water. So it follows that it is there for the taking...

Will somebody knowledgeable on this topic this start a thread about it? I'm sure most of us will be equally interested with it. The problem with us is that, we tend to ignore exciting and evidently basic truth about things due to being accustomed on what we learned and taught to use from the start.

I heard that filipino inventor was from Paranaque, an engineer, and drove a Toyota up to Baguio with his gadget installed on his vehicle, for hope that our government will support his history in the making endeavor. As usual, politics, red-tape and "monopolizing company giant supporter" anti ditch-threat, ate the filipino dream of making a technology-first. All those labor and hardships down the drain. And so I heard, that the Japanese government or private financer supported that filipino project, and became the HONDA water-powered car... will somebody validate this? I hope this technology comes to pass and be a daily normal thing to humankind in general, so that, all problems to global pollution and aerial layer depletion, comes to a complete stop, and so, we may all move forward to the next technological generation advancement.

Alas! After the water-powered vehicles revolution, there is still one more...

The Magnetic-powered aerial vehicles of the future... besides, our Planet Earth is a natural LodeStone (magnet), where our compass always points to the North... I hope, the worldwide government would stop thinking about how to get rich by swindling their respective citizens, and just unite and start revolutionizing the space-age preparatory advancement... we should all be reminded that, we are living in the ends of days... baka hindi na natin maabutan... sayang ang panahon...

Let's go guys...! Let's all be a little imaginative here... this way, we are helping the "Universal Collective Mind" of the thinking class of the human race to advance one step to realizing the promises of Tomorrow's Technology... by thinking isolated but brilliant ideas... we are actually passing that to the receiving end, who continuously waits for a light bulb flash in his mind for an idea he thought he miraculously conceived... but in reality, was just passed by to him by a "brilliant idea"-broadcaster, who may have no resources to make his ideas go to work or make it a tangible reality at the time his idea was conceived, so he just day-dreams, hoping that someday, one of those searching the airwaves of universal knowledge, receives what he was trying to broadcasts. Now, having this in mind, let's all join forces to complete the missing parts of the water-powered technological puzzle-pieces, put them all together, by sharing ideas, discussing feasibility basing on what we learned from school and experiences, and complete the image... and then, let's just wait for a couple of blinks, and you will all be amazed, how the working class conceived what the thinking class projected. A day of tomorrow will come, when what we will be discussing here, will be here to stay.... and it will all be normal, our pockets un-hurt, so we can concentrate on other things in life, thinking ways how to advance the human race, as a source of living...

Personally, I predict that this technological boon will be short-lived, but at least we have an open option to choose between 1.)fossil-powered (gas, lpg, etc.) which is fast approaching global depletion, one day, humans will have no choice but to look for other source, and 2.)water will be very evident to be 75% of the globe - available, as the water-power alternative. Lastly, 3.) Magnet power will dominate the remaining Earth years, or Earth life cycle.

C'mon, you guys... this is exciting... since we are comparing WHAT-powered vehicles... SOMEBODY START THIS THREAD NOW!!!

I won't start this cause I don't know if someone out there share the same inclination as I do... so unless someone be jolly and bold enough to do it... I'll just be observing... I don't have the validating facts, so I'm not Authority here... I'm just a daydreamer... where Einstein, Volta, Ohm, Grahambell and the others started... the difference now here is that, they are geniuses... but aren't we Filipinos, geniuses, too???

As I am observing of threads of related topics... I'll be waiting... thanx, you guys...

-Toch

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    correction on 3rd sentence....

There a(re)...

pardon.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Toch,

If you are really interested in learning more about hydro powered cars, there are 2 guys who claims to have actually built a working model. One is named Dingel and the other is Glenn Castillo. Try searching the forums for water powered cars.

I am NOT connected in any way with them. I DO NOT have any personal knowlage if it works or not. But if you want to, you can contact Glenn at tel# 927-5779 or address: 4th floor Benjamin 1 Bldg Mother Ignacia St Cor Sgt Esguerra, it is beside ABS CBN.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    We have lots of threads on water-powered engines, and basically, it doesn't work in practice.

Water is one of the most stable molecules in nature, yet many people see it as a possible source of energy... how? By splitting water into its components, Hydrogen gas and Oxygen gas, you can make the Hydrogen and Oxygen react with each other in a combustion reaction that's very energetic.

However, the laws of nature force us to use more energy to separate the Hydrogen and Oxygen than they can possibly create when we cause them to react with each other.

Thus, water can never be a primary energy source. It's only viable if we have solar-powered hydrolisis stations to separate the water into its components in the first place.

Water can never be like gasoline. In gasoline, the process to create gasoline takes much much more energy than burning gasoline produces... BUT... Mother Nature has done that part for us already, so we're not losing as much energy in creating gas. Now, if Mother Nature would create a readily available source of free hydrogen (on Earth, I mean) for us to exploit, Hydrogen cars might become economically feasible... if not...

I'm sorry to say, despite what these hydro-car inventors claim to have "discovered", there are thousands of other hucksters, scam-artists and dreamers who have said the same thing. Just do a google search on water-powered cars on the internet, and you'll be flooded ( ) with "water-powered" cars. Some even covered by reputable news agencies, but none ever shown to work in the real world.

------

Magnetic engine? It's true magnetic energy is there for us to take, but the Earth's magnetic field is too weak at ground level for us to exploit it. We could build a differential engine working off of the magnetic field in orbit, a craft that causes an electrical potential to build up as it orbits within the magnetic field... but it would take a heck of a lot of money and research for such a thing to become a reality, and I doubt the amount of energy is a meaningful amount anyway... as the enegry created would be offset by the energy needed to maintain the station's orbit (resistance to magnetic field = drag = orbital decay = quite a spectacular crash, before too long).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys, medyo off-topic na ito...

anyway since OT na tayo..

Glenn Castillo is trying to find ways to lower the power requirements in trying to electrolyze water to hydrogen & oxygen. He also invented "HOB", basically a simple heat exchanger between the hot water from the engine to the fuel. It's premise is to preheat the fuel before entering the combustion chamber.

Daniel Dingle is the one who drove a Toyota Corolla which is claimed to run directly from an on-board electrolysis device (no onboard storage for hydrogen gas). The device is built from an old car battery shell (as can be seen in a video). From what I know, he has never registered his "invention" claiming the government would steal his design/technology. (Of course, he is NOT afraid of someone stealing his car given it's covered with WATER POWER CAR writing bumper to bumper.)

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Hi Niky. Thanx for the reaction... water-powered car, in practice... check-out
    http://www.waterfuelcell.org/The%20W...0Injector.html
    heard of Stanley Meyers work?

Let's leave out Magnetic Powered cars for the moment... lot's of work needs to be done there for it to be an everyday household word... guess instead of cement or asphalt road inlays, positive, negative or neutral charge of some lodestone thickness will replace our present road as we know it today will do the trick. Consider the magnetic train of Japan, hovering above its railings in a controlled behaviour. Electric cars are deployed already, as a Toyota RAV4 initially charges from post to post (instead of gas stations), then maintaining itself by continually charging while running. Mix its technology with an Electric Magnet relays and beams to strengten or weaken its polarity force to levitate it from the special lodestone inlay road. Special on-board computer system detecting perimiter crash sensors deflecting impact by reversing polarity to other magnetic-powered cars (bump-cars are history then). These are just ideas from yours truly... now instead of spending our mental efforts and creative ideas in playing a cynical critic by giving pure-intentioned revolutionist, a hard time, guess I'll ask the 2nd time, for us to just join hands for mental forces to enrich, validate and improve what has been started, to improve the lives of, not just filipinos, but humanity in general, advancing to the next stage of technological innovations...

Anybody cares to start a thread on this topic?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    GhostHunter,

sori for being off-topic here, though this is also under "Car Comparisons", there is no other thread that simply calls attention than current trend issues like this (lpg vs. diesel). i was just giving out other options. hope someone brings this off-line topic somewhere else (like a new thread). i'll stop water/magnetic/electric-powered car topic here. as niky subtly showed me a link to dilbert's and kuzweilAI's, i felt off-balanced and pale-colored. sori for sharing un-cooked ideas... :{ We're just threads away, hope to hear from ya pips somewhere...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    UserFriendly

thanx for being friendly and accomodating... will check out given info...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
lpg vs diesel