New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    As far as I remember from my folks in the west the Nissan Rouge, and Juke were good ones. Especially the ugly and fun Juke because it has Nissan's new and critic popular direct injection turbocharged engine- the MR16DDT... it's as fast as a Hyundai G.C 2.0 T in a quarter mile and it's an SUV!! USDM CR-V is has good consumer reviews as well.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GodziRRa! View Post
    it's as fast as a Hyundai G.C 2.0 T in a quarter mile and it's an SUV!!
    Mas mabilis pa sa Sportage 2.0SX T-GDi?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Mas mabilis pa sa Sportage 2.0SX T-GDi?
    Yes. As far as I remember, both G.C T and Juke run low 15s on stock. ;)

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GodziRRa! View Post
    Yes. As far as I remember, both G.C T and Juke run low 15s on stock. ;)
    Nissan Juke: Acceleration

(With MR16DDT engine only)

• 0–60 mph (97 km/h): 6.8 s
    • 1/4 mile (~400 m): 15.2 s at 91.9 mph
    • Top speed: 125 mph

------------------------------------
    Intayin natin reviews ng Sportage SX T-GDi. 271BHP yun mas mataas pa sa GC 2.0T..

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Nissan Juke: Acceleration

(With MR16DDT engine only)

• 0–60 mph (97 km/h): 6.8 s
    • 1/4 mile (~400 m): 15.2 s at 91.9 mph
    • Top speed: 125 mph

------------------------------------
    Intayin natin reviews ng Sportage SX T-GDi. 271BHP yun mas mataas pa sa GC 2.0T..
    Yun, low 15s nga on a quarter mile. What's the quarter mile time kaya of that Sportage?

But even if it has that big hp numbers I doubt it will have huge quarter mile time advantage. But w/ the Juke's 188hp, G.C T's 210hp, and the Sportage SX T's whopping 271hp! Who knows? But yun nga lang the Juke and G.C are more "tuneable" of course for higher hps. hehe

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Wow, thanks for all the replies - looks like I have a fair bit of research and reading to do! Will definitely be feeding all of this back to my sister - please do keep the discussion going, it's great to have a number of different ideas and leads floating around. I'll update the thread with how things are going, as soon as my sister gets settled in and starts going to various dealers

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    she should also look into practicing or taking a refresher course since driving here is very different. i know so many fellow pinoys who failed the tests multiple times before passing.

the scion xb gen 1 is so hard to get. i found one potential deal and already pending when i inquired.

that nissan juke is getting a lot of rave reviews here, i might try one and see if wife may be interested .

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    US car dealers are generous for test drives so I highly recommend your sister to test drive all her options. But I would recommend the Juke since she will be driving alone and it's easier to park and maneuver.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Looking for Compact SUV - US Version