New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Your preferred car brands if you are seriously buying a luxury car?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • AUDI

7 22.58%
  • BMW

10 32.26%
  • Mercedes Benz

9 29.03%
  • Porsche

3 9.68%
  • Jaguar

2 6.45%
  • Lexus

13 41.94%
  • Land Rover / Ranger Rover

4 12.90%
  • Chrysler

0 0%
  • Chevy

0 0%
  • Ford

1 3.23%
  • Honda

1 3.23%
  • Toyota

1 3.23%
  • Nissan

2 6.45%
  • Mazda

1 3.23%
  • Mitsubishi

1 3.23%
  • Suzuki

1 3.23%
  • Volvo

2 6.45%
  • Hyundai

0 0%
  • Kia

0 0%
  • Isuzu

0 0%
  • Subaru

1 3.23%
  • Other brands not mentioned

1 3.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Hi! Also considering those brands. I just put BMW and Mercedes because these are the popular luxury brands. I just want to know your opinion regarding these brands. Thank you!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Thank you for the insight! We'll take note of this in making a campaign

No, they didn't hire us to make a campaign. Its actually just for our school requirement/thesis, and we chose the account to make a campaign for.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Advertising campaign for Lexus eh? Wow~ Lexus is actually tapping into college folks for their advertising work nowadays? Undoubtedly, Lexus is a maker of excellent performing vehicles that are reliable, economical as high class cars go, and portray the owner as a modest and practical successful person. I don't have a high regard for Lexus though. The qualities found in their cars can be found in their Toyota counterparts and they are just more luxurious or higher performing variants (like the LC200 and LX570 or ES350 and Camry for example). Although its a cost effective way to produce good luxury cars, the individuality just isn't there especially if you know the engine in your Lexus is the exact same one as the one in your subordinate's Toyota with just a different cam cover unlike Nissan's Infiniti or Honda's Acura which actually have much more in store instead of just rebadging. When Lexus first appeared in 1989, they had the image of offering cars with levels of luxury at par with the Europeans at a fraction of the price. But now their prices have gone up significantly and Hyundai is starting to beat them at their own game with such excellent cars as the Equus and Genesis sedans and the Genesis Coupe.

This is my opinion. Hope it helps and good luck with your thesis!

Thank you for the insight! We'll take note of this in making a campaign

No, they didn't hire us to make a campaign for them. Its actually just for our school requirement/thesis, and we chose the account to make a campaign for.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Lexus IS is a good alternative to the 3-series, the GS lacks the style and panache of rivals like the E-Class and 5-series, the ES is just... sad... the RX is decent in high trim but I don't know if the interior luxury matches the price, and the LS is still (as it has always been) sublime. The CT200h is what the Prius should have always been... a luxurious, economical, quiet hybrid alternative to the Germans. Haven't driven it yet, but am planning to.

A mixed bag. The problem is differentiating the brand enough from Toyota to attract brand snobs while still ensuring that people know that there's Toyota "reliability" behind the name. Also difficult will be trying to play up the luxury and "heritage" versus up-and-coming "affordable" luxury rivals like Volvo and the Genesis and Equus sedans of Hyundai, as Lexus still doesn't have the perceived "heritage" of some of the older luxury brands. Problematic also is the revived and updated Jaguar / Land Rover line-ups... as those are brands that are also competing for a share of the German pie and have a lot more perceived heritage than Lexus.

I think you'd have to play up to the strengths of Lexus directly instead of going for the "luxury" or "heritage" halo... technology, value, reliability, performance... etc.
    Thank you for your opinion! I agree, that the brand is strongly associated with Toyota. We're trying to come up with an idea to differentiate the brand to Toyota and make an identity of their own.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Lexus is just Toyota's luxury/performance division and they most certainly do not have the heritage and brand panache of the European brands. In fact I respect Nissan's Infiniti and Honda's Acura more. If I had such outrageous amounts of money and were going to add cars to my garage, I'd stay away from the "generic" BMW and Mercedes and go for Audi instead. I really do like Audi's design and they are really catching up to BMW and Mercedes. Admittedly, I am not a fan of Volvo's current design language. I find it too wild to be elegant.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    For Lexus, I still feel their cars have a long way to go before they can claim they are of similar caliber as a Merc, bmw, etc. A simple test drive in their line of "luxury" sedans would already give you the picture that their cars lack in either interior space, ride quality, performance, refinement or a combination of all four items.
    Yup, we already scheduled a test drive for us to have a feel of the brand We hope after the test drive we'll have an insight on how we can make a campaign for a brand.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Lexus is just Toyota's luxury/performance division and they most certainly do not have the heritage and brand panache of the European brands. In fact I respect Nissan's Infiniti and Honda's Acura more. If I had such outrageous amounts of money and were going to add cars to my garage, I'd stay away from the "generic" BMW and Mercedes and go for Audi instead. I really do like Audi's design and they are really catching up to BMW and Mercedes. Admittedly, I am not a fan of Volvo's current design language. I find it too wild to be elegant.
    Thanks so much for this! Really helps me a lot!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gail.s View Post
    Thank you for your opinion! I agree, that the brand is strongly associated with Toyota. We're trying to come up with an idea to differentiate the brand to Toyota and make an identity of their own.
    So you are supposed to come up with a potential solution to further differentiate Lexus from Toyota? So here goes. Make their cars totally different from their Toyota counterparts. If platform sharing cannot be avoided, they can pour more technology into it. Like for example, all wheel drive, 4 wheel steering, direct injection and turbocharging across the line, etc. And perhaps they can tap the services of renowned design firms for their inputs as I personally find Lexus's styling bland and generic, it seems like something I can conjure up in my head if I wanted to design a car. For their high end models, consulting renowned suspension firms for their input should make the car more distinct.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    We have both bmw and mb, i'd pick the mb anyday. It has a much better build quality and it feels more solid. To those saying bmw has a better performance i'd say any current amg will out run any bmw's M series. BMW's interior looks nice though, has more toys to play with and more hi-tech compared to mb's plain and simple interior.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by karenroserobles View Post
    Hi. Thanks for this answer! The best siguro in such a way na you feel more satisfied after you bought it. Over-all customer satisfaction. So you don't consider Lexus as a luxury brand na same level with others?
    No. I would consider it much lower even if the price says otherwise. Take more than just an expensive showroom, big price tag and leather covered seats to make great luxury car.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast