New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by n2knee View Post
    yang 2 mil pesos na yan price ba ng Evo? wow!!!! ang mahal naman ng Evo sa Pilipinas. $32,000+ lang dito.
    It's $32k if you buy it cash. It's quite a bit more if you buy it on the more common 3-5 year payment plan with interest.

It would be nice to have a 3-5 year payment plan with 0% interest. I know in Turkey, they do that or maybe in Japan. But definitely not in the US.

Still, I also have to ask why cars are more expensive in the Philippines, even those assembled locally.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; February 6th, 2007 at 06:58 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bad driver View Post
    Just get the rs that's priced around 2.3 but the mr is pretty awesome as well.

the Evo x will be out next year tho but it will be priced ridiculously high and will still have some bugs to be worked out.
    The RS with A/C and power windows would be sweet. I like it much better without that huge rear wing. I don't think that rear wing will be missed unless you routinely spend your time going over 100 mph with all kinds of crazy turns.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    para tong boxing....

Pacman (Evo9) vs Villoria (Civic) = mismatch.
    ofcourse you'll get what you pay. but you already considered Evo, don na ko.
    or
    1.8civic a/t(P900K) + Subaru Impreza WRX(P1.72M) = P2.62M ( bit more than the Evo RS but still less than the Evo MR). but you'll have both a subcompact sedan and a turbo almost equivalent to an Evo9.( or take the STI for 2.1M, i think)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Get the Evo

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bad driver View Post
    bad driver,

are you driving an evo, feed back naman as to this car

ty

----------------------------------------------------------

Dude, I can't begin to tell you how awesome this car is.... and I've yet to bring this to the track.

For starters, it's extremely easy to drive and if you want, this easily can be a daily driver....I'm an inexperienced manual driver btw

and now for the fun part: Turbo. It's a bizarre feeling like something is pushing your car forward when it starts to kick in.... it's extremely addictive and will encourage you to go fast all the time (which is probably a bad thing in the streets). I think it's impossible to drive this car slowly for long periods of time. you will always be encouraged to floor it and will be rewarded with a wide smile every time. and as long as you not doing stupidly insane speeds on the streets, the brakes will always back you up.

As you know from the reviews, the real strength of the evo is it's handling in the track and I've yet to experience it but you know what, I'm still contented with what I'm doing now maybe I need to go to the track soon.

I'm a lousy car reviewer obviously. One thing I can say is that it lives up to all the rave reviews and then some.... it will exceed your expectations

Just get the rs that's priced around 2.3 but the mr is pretty awesome as well.

the Evo x will be out next year tho but it will be priced ridiculously high and will still have some bugs to be worked out.
    Is it true that a regular car can outrace you in top gear because of the turbo lag? I just can't believe the Top Gear review on this by J. Clarkson

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Is it true that a regular car can outrace you in top gear because of the turbo lag? I just can't believe the Top Gear review on this by J. Clarkson
    hehehe! got to watch that episode too. that was some turbo lag. but then who'd leave it in top gear when it's not the appropriate gear to be in for that speed?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    evo ix, kelangan pa bang i-memorize yan!

unless impreza wrx sti ang isa pang choice option hehe..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ito po pang-engganyo sir

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    [quote=Jun aka Pekto;747551]It's $32k if you buy it cash. It's quite a bit more if you buy it on the more common 3-5 year payment plan with interest.

It would be nice to have a 3-5 year payment plan with 0% interest. I know in Turkey, they do that or maybe in Japan. But definitely not in the US.
    quote]

actually...ford still have the 60-72 month interest free on new cars.not sure about chevy.

bout the 2 cars...go evo!!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    ....but you wouldn't post a comparison thread if you couldn't afford one of the choices, right? because then the thread would be pointless...
    :evillaugh

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
lancer evo IX or Civic 2.0