New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    planning to buy, which one between evoIX or Civic 2.0

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Lancer Evo IX. Is there a competition between these two cars? I don't think so. Go for Evo chief.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    if money is no object then it's a no brainer. Evo! why, because these two cars were not on the same category...

however, i could get 2 Civics for the price of 1 Evo. 2 Civics: 2.0 and 1.8S for UVVRP.
    Last edited by ian_rex; February 5th, 2007 at 11:13 PM.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    No contest.

P 1,127,000 (Pearl White) vs. P 2,868,000.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    dude,

an evo is the best fun you can ever have for the price (or 1000 hookers in disneyland but it's not going to last as long). you won't regret it. just be sure to replace the entire exhaust with a 3 inch turbo back as soon as possible huge difference.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    if you have the money to BURN without regrets... Evo...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    bad driver,

are you driving an evo, feed back naman as to this car

ty

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    bad driver,

are you driving an evo, feed back naman as to this car

ty

----------------------------------------------------------

Dude, I can't begin to tell you how awesome this car is.... and I've yet to bring this to the track.

For starters, it's extremely easy to drive and if you want, this easily can be a daily driver....I'm an inexperienced manual driver btw

and now for the fun part: Turbo. It's a bizarre feeling like something is pushing your car forward when it starts to kick in.... it's extremely addictive and will encourage you to go fast all the time (which is probably a bad thing in the streets). I think it's impossible to drive this car slowly for long periods of time. you will always be encouraged to floor it and will be rewarded with a wide smile every time. and as long as you not doing stupidly insane speeds on the streets, the brakes will always back you up.

As you know from the reviews, the real strength of the evo is it's handling in the track and I've yet to experience it but you know what, I'm still contented with what I'm doing now maybe I need to go to the track soon.

I'm a lousy car reviewer obviously. One thing I can say is that it lives up to all the rave reviews and then some.... it will exceed your expectations

Just get the rs that's priced around 2.3 but the mr is pretty awesome as well.

the Evo x will be out next year tho but it will be priced ridiculously high and will still have some bugs to be worked out.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by swimstroke View Post
    No contest.

P 1,127,000 (Pearl White) vs. P 2,868,000.
    yang 2 mil pesos na yan price ba ng Evo? wow!!!! ang mahal naman ng Evo sa Pilipinas. $32,000+ lang dito.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dude, you would have to be the biggest Honda Civic fanboy to pick it over an Evo 9...which is clearly superior in most automotive aspects.

the only drawback is that you could buy 2 Civics and treat your friends (us!) to a night at AFO for the price you'd pay for an Evo....but you wouldn't post a comparison thread if you couldn't afford one of the choices, right? because then the thread would be pointless...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
lancer evo IX or Civic 2.0