New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    IMHO, kung ikaw bibili, Rio. Kung nanay bibili, Vios. She might not be able to appreciate the extra amenities of the Rio, and instead notice that the performance of the two are pretty much the same. Hindi ko rin talaga type ang Vios. Generic/unappealing design (at least para sa akin), poor interior plastics quality, cramped cabin and small trunk... I'd suggest you let her see the Accent GLS instead. The 1.6L engine has no issues with engine knocking. Besides, I am inclined to believe that this kind of design appeals a lot to the fairer ***. Kaskasera? 124hp engine. almost 20 horses more than the Vios and Rio. :devil:
    Last edited by GTi; June 30th, 2012 at 03:06 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Malakas ang low-RPM torque ng 1NZ-FE bro
    Yung Jazz, as usual Honda yan. High revving
    +1 on this one.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Ang lamang ng vios sa rio is engine and reliabilty which is not a tangible thing unless you own the unit na for a long time. You mother might get bored with vios sa casa if she doesnt see the "play" things she saw on rio. One thing that might sway your mother to vios is the huge discount toyota is giving.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Mazda 2. Fun little car. Or even the Suzuki Swift.

I like both, and would have picked either of them over my Vios if I didn't need the trunk. And undeniably, those two look better than my car... :lol:

Pero ayun nga, the sense of practicality and frugality bit me. The Vios is cheap to run, low-cost on fuel & on maintenance so I got it. It might not be as exciting as the said two, happy pa rin ako. Because in the end, I'm very confident that my car would last long and be able to take the beating I might give to it.

The Vios isn't that bad. Pretty torquey vehicle, so it doesn't disappoint. Good if your mom travels around the metropolis a lot. She'll need it. There isn't so much toys like the Rio, though.. pero yun nga.. if the Rio wasn't that thirsty on fuel and had no engine-knocking issues maganda siya.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would suggest the Vios for your mom. I have a 3-month old Vios 1.5G MT and it's a very good car. I drive it from Pangasinan to Manila almost every week.

One gripe I have is that it doesn't have a front windshield defogger. I don't know if the AT variant has one, but since you mentioned your mom would be taking the car to Baguio, this might be something she should consider.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177 View Post
    I would suggest the Vios for your mom. I have a 3-month old Vios 1.5G MT and it's a very good car. I drive it from Pangasinan to Manila almost every week.

One gripe I have is that it doesn't have a front windshield defogger. I don't know if the AT variant has one, but since you mentioned your mom would be taking the car to Baguio, this might be something she should consider.
    Onga noh, wala nga pala talaga. Grabe, pati ba naman yun tinipid. Siguro inisip nila since this is for the ASEAN market, hindi rin halos magagamit yan. But then, yung Revo nga namin may front windshield defogger eh, yung foot level air vents ang wala.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Kia Rio Hatch vs. Toyota Vios 1.5G