New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    I believe the simplest solution to that is to change the oil every 6 months.. or maybe even 3 months if you want to be sure. So that really is not an issue if one changes his oil religiously.

The real issue here is how Honda priced the Civic RS at 1.6M and also.... CVT. [emoji23]
    Scotty seems to agree, too.[emoji16]
    Never Buy a Honda With This Engine - YouTube

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    As I understand we source our engines from thailand. are cars destined for north america identical or sourced from the same factory?

so potentially our civic rs could suffer the same?
    Same engine. It's a design flaw, not a manufacturing flaw so the engine is affected no matter where the place of manufacture is.
    Hataw more to prevent the problem!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    ang haba na ng usapan ah lol!! well time will tell, di pa naman ako nagmamadali bumili pero i would love to own a levorg because i have buyers remorse on my forester, should have opt out what i wanted on the first place, to go on fxt ahahahah!! but we will see maybe next year iba nanaman na magintroduce na dito hybrids and electronic cars....if only we have a nice transportation system i would not bother buying a second car....

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Levorg for me since it has the 2.0T from the discontinued Fozzy XT and it is more practical. It also has the AWD, that Subaru is known for which would be of any help when the situation arises.

BTW the updated RS wheels suit the car far better than the old ones.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    Levorg for me since it has the 2.0T from the discontinued Fozzy XT and it is more practical. It also has the AWD, that Subaru is known for which would be of any help when the situation arises.

BTW the updated RS wheels suit the car far better than the old ones.
    The tuning on the Levorg 2.0T is similar to the WRX, 28hp more than the FXT.

The Forester XT may have been removed from the Subie model lineup but a Legacy XT and Outback XT are now available in the US. They are both powered by a 2.4T engine (FA24, same as the Ascent) rated at 260hp/375Nm.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    bakit walang gusto ng kia forte? despite na ayala owned na ang kia?? dahil lang ba sa korean brand lang ito?

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Yap View Post
    bakit walang gusto ng kia forte? despite na ayala owned na ang kia?? dahil lang ba sa korean brand lang ito?
    I think simple answer is even under warranty, parts availability have been questionable. Major parts can take 2 to 3 months before.
    Even if under ayala siya, that is still not a guarantee that the changes are immediate, so it remains to be seen.
    Coupled with that, nabanggit ang resale value down the line din as part of criteria. Well, with brand perception here, you know how that will translate din.
    Meron parts sa labas, that is not a doubt pero not everyone is able to source it accordingly or conveniently via third party, or would like to deal with the hassle.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Kia Forte GT gets my vote.

I just checked the specs vs the Civic RS, and it's better. Same engine and tranny with the Veloster Turbo.

Unique ka pa sa kalsada, and it's a looker din.

You'll also beat the RS in a straight line most likely. You also have a great chance against an Si. (Kung meron lang locally eh)

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    To be frank, medyo.. Pero mas maporma tska mag bang for the buck lang talaga yung Japanese counterparts..

My 2 cents..

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Napansin ko lang, mahilig talaga ang pinoy sa Japanese brand. Mahirap mo mapasubok ng ibang brand yan. Yung Ford Focus dati sobrang sulit na yun, di pinansin kasi American brand. Ngayon tuloy dahil mahina ang sales dito, we won’t get the new Focus and Fiesta.

Personally I wouldn’t get a Kia Forte GT. Why? Because it has a dual clutch transmission.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast