New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dati ang alam ko parts ang problema sa mga Korean cars .. Ewan ko na lang ngayon..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    "This car is good but the only problem was the brandname - KIA"
    Hehe, I dunno why but although its owned by the same group, Hyundai seems to have a nicer brand image nowadays than its sister Kia.

But for an economy car, I think Kia should be ok. Somehow, I find the Carens is a "higher" model than the Innova. Also, I'm considering getting even the most basic manual Carens because of lower cost and it should probably help absorb the extra cost from poor depreciation.

For the diesel, how much do you guys think will it cost?
    Last edited by ryan; April 16th, 2007 at 10:40 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quality wise ok naman. I wouldn't mind if someone gave me a brand new Sorento now

I'd take the Carens over the Innova, too. Been around Kias [and other Korean cars] since I started to drive. Satisfied naman kami. Badges don't mean much to me.

Both are not really bad vehicles. Just take your pick.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Haven't driven the Carens yet, but I'm impressed by the interior quality.

While the third row does seem somewhat smaller, I prefer the fold down seats to the Innova's bulky fold-up seats.

However, the Innova is the one IMV that I actually like, so the Carens will have to be pretty good to beat it. So far, from initial reports, it seems a good bet. US testers have been very impressed with it, and it gets pretty good safety-ratings, albeit with side curtain airbags, there.

Still, as the Carens is basically an MPV for 60% of the price of other MPVs, it's a great value.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Between the two, siyempre sa Kia Carens.

Interior at exterior pa lang, panalo na yung Kia Carens over the IMV vehicles.

I suggest that you go with the Kia Carens.

Pero.....
    If you do want a Diesel Version ng Kia Carens, wait for around June/July (sabi ng KIA salesman)

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    i think Carens has bigger legroom on third row than innova...also the headroom...

innova though has bigger cargo space behind 3rd row seats... Carens space behind third row is so cramped you'll have a hard time putting there one full cart of groceries...i normally fold down one of the 3rd row seats...

the interiors of Carens, especially the flexible seats is far better than innova's.

a plus for innova is the tons of aftermarket accessories you can put on...

Carens has no A/C vent on third row...2nd row A/C is behind center console of 1st row seat, near the floor...

another plus for carens, you'll stand out on a street full of innovas, fortuners, CRVs, Civics etc...at least for now

btw, Carens/Rondo has good reviews both in Europe and in the US...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    One thing I noticed in the RP Carens is that it has beige interiors. Are there Carens with black or grey interior here?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    ...I hope the kia carens will hold up on its quality based on international standard.. Kasi I have a friend who bought a sedona in 03, dispose it in two years replaced it with an innova. Masyadong na disappoint sa sedona, kaya ayaw na ng korean brand.
    Yeah, I am just so disappointed with my 2002 Sedona. It is already nearing 160,000-km on its odometer and it's still running very well. I was thinking of replacing it with an Innova last year, but we ended up keeping the Sedona and getting a CRDI Starex as well (the Starex has logged close to 40,000 km in less than a year's time).

Dang these Korean cars, I hate them, hate them, hate them

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    160,000 kms ? ? Wow! Where do you bring your cars!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177 View Post
    Yeah, I am just so disappointed with my 2002 Sedona. It is already nearing 160,000-km on its odometer and it's still running very well. I was thinking of replacing it with an Innova last year, but we ended up keeping the Sedona and getting a CRDI Starex as well (the Starex has logged close to 40,000 km in less than a year's time).

Dang these Korean cars, I hate them, hate them, hate them
    *mikey177: Well I would admit, I also hate Korean Cars, so for that reason, we have 05 hyundai getz, 07 hyundai sta. fe, 2000 kia ceres, 1996 kia truck... hmmm... Sa friend ko lang talaga, na bad trip lang talaga sila sa sedona nila...

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Kia Carens vs Toyota Innova