New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by budyong92 View Post
    sir JuneT....how about your fuel consumption?
    7-8km/l city driving (c-5 taguig-makati)
    10-11 highway driving (nlex-Gapan-San Fernando-Olongapo Road)...

Gas A/T

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    mas mataas ba ang EX? kasi 16" tire ang gamit nya compare to 15" sa LX?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by NightWinger View Post
    mas mataas ba ang EX? kasi 16" tire ang gamit nya compare to 15" sa LX?
    16" ba ang sa EX?

anyway, the tire sizes are as follows:

205/65R15
    205/60R16

less than 5mm difference in diameter...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    15" rin pala sa EX version. sa iba bansa kasi 16" o 17" ang gamit sa EX. para mas mataas kundi yun look nya.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    one of the things that i'm concern of about carens is the ground clearance, it's a lil low compare to innova. i wonder if i'll change the rims from 15" to 16 or 17" i don't know if it will make any diffrence and it will cost a fortune. but definitely i love the ride, the looks. the smoothness? well, i had only driven isuzu hi-lander & fuego, there's no comparison to it! i'm not sure of its fuel efficiency yet. i got the lx m/t crdi model just to save a li'l on fuel comsumption compare to the a/t. hope to hear some inputs from you guys, thanks...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    ground clerance is nothing for me. all my concren is the durability of Kia badge. I saw some Sedan have lower there body and have no problem on the road. but the durability is the major concern of all the car buyer today.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    True, durability is a big unknown for modern Kias. While some Koreans show exceptional reliability in their first three years, some... don't.

But everybody's got to start somewhere, right? From comparisons with old Korean cars, the quality is really skyrocketing. Let's hope that translates to higher reliability (knock on wood), too.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    yeah you're right, the durability of the car itself is the most important thing to consider. that's the first thing that rangs in mind, but my common sense dicatates that they don't just build cars lets say good for only 5 years. no offense to toyota d4-d, they have their fair share too. as long as you used it properly i think everything will just be fine (5yrs ++) and proper maintenance too.hey, one thing also i noticed, the temp is li'l lower than half i wonder if thats really the normal operating temp. or better yet i'll have it remove (thermostat)... for better H2O circulation. that's what i did w/ my fuego & hi-lander, it really works! but i'll consult kia first before anything else. have a nice day!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'd suggest not to. Running at low temperatures is actually bad for your valve-train, as the casa-used oil (usually a heavier grade, like 15w40...) doesn't get up to the temperatures where it achieves good lubricity.

Leave the thermostat in. If temperature is a problem, add some Redline Water Wetter and/or an oil cooler to your vehicle.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    hi, i dunno about oil cooler, can you please give me an example? thanx...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Kia Carens and other MPVs?