New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    For me sir, if it's just between Fortuner G and Mux 3.0, I would go with Mux.
    IMHO Fortuner G is too bare for it's price.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by makelovenotwar View Post
    For me sir, if it's just between Fortuner G and Mux 3.0, I would go with Mux.
    IMHO Fortuner G is too bare for it's price.
    Thanks sir! +1 for the mux haha

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by tenster View Post
    Thanks sir! +1 for the mux haha
    Go for the MU-X even if the interior is the oldest among the bunch and the mux you're eyeing the totl 4x2 which has features not found on the fortuner g. The MU-X 3.0 4jj1 hi - tc engine has a fuel consumption just like a 1.5 engine hehe

4. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Hi guys, I'm eyeing between Isuzu Mux 3.0, 4x2 AT. Diesel 2016 and Toyota Fortuner 2.4G diesel AT 2016 naman

what are your insights between the two?

thanks in advance! having a hard time din in deciding between the two.
    Para maiba lang ang comparo... Given na bang for the buck naman talaga si Mux eh. Kahit san mo pa tignan. But why? Nilabas ang car na ito since 2012 pa. Given na 8 years lang usual life span. By 2020 or earlier, maglabas na yan ng ALL NEW mux/trail.

Meaning, 4 years mo na lang ma-enjoy(brag.. LOL) ang oto mo then phase out na.

Now for all new models(monty/eve/fort.) By 2024 pa ito "maluluma" at lalabas ang all new... As we know, puro MMC lang gagawin, palit ilaw, bumper, etc...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    SUV and pickups have longer cycles of about 10-12 years.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    At hindi 2012 lumabas ang mux. 2014 ba or 2015?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    SUV and pickups have longer cycles of about 10-12 years.
    Still same point applies, trail/mux platform older by 4 years... If you buy an all new model ngaun. Mas ma enjoy mo sya being all new platform for 10-12years.

If you buy trail/MuX today, after 6-8 years. May makakasalubong ka na sa daan na all new model ng sa yo.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    Go for the MU-X even if the interior is the oldest among the bunch and the mux you're eyeing the totl 4x2 which has features not found on the fortuner g. The MU-X 3.0 4jj1 hi - tc engine has a fuel consumption just like a 1.5 engine hehe
    Thank you for this sir! I'm leaning towards the MU-X na. Will be checking out dealers this weekend.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thank you for this sir! I'm leaning towards the MU-X na. Will be checking out dealers this weekend.
    I would suggest that you check out all your options, test drive them, and then narrow it down from there. That's better than listening to anonymous advice from the internet and just test driving one car. What if the competitors offered something that others missed out on?

Definitely, the MUX has more features than the Fortuner G. Reliability-wise, both the Toyota and Isuzu have good track records. The MUX has a bigger engine, but fuel consumption should be similar with, if not better than the Fortuner. Power is also roughly the same - the MUX has more horsepower (163 vs 147) but the Fortuner has more torque (400 vs 380 Nm) and has a newer AT with more gears (6AT vs 5AT).

Between the two, I still prefer the Fortuner. I would prefer a car that makes me happy when i look at and drive it. The MUX's exterior is so-so for me, while the interior looks downright cheap. It's also more truck-like to drive than the Fortuner. The Fortuner G has a hideous interior color scheme, but you can always upgrade that. The rims are also small-ish, but again it's upgradeable. At least the body in itself looks very sleek and upscale, something that can't be said for the MUX.

The MUX isn't a bad car though, it's actually great value as it's priced much cheaper than other TOTL 4x2 PPVs (same price as the entry level variants).

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I would suggest that you check out all your options, test drive them, and then narrow it down from there. That's better than listening to anonymous advice from the internet and just test driving one car. What if the competitors offered something that others missed out on?

Definitely, the MUX has more features than the Fortuner G. Reliability-wise, both the Toyota and Isuzu have good track records. The MUX has a bigger engine, but fuel consumption should be similar with, if not better than the Fortuner. Power is also roughly the same - the MUX has more horsepower (163 vs 147) but the Fortuner has more torque (400 vs 380 Nm) and has a newer AT with more gears (6AT vs 5AT).

Between the two, I still prefer the Fortuner. I would prefer a car that makes me happy when i look at and drive it. The MUX's exterior is so-so for me, while the interior looks downright cheap. It's also more truck-like to drive than the Fortuner. The Fortuner G has a hideous interior color scheme, but you can always upgrade that. The rims are also small-ish, but again it's upgradeable. At least the body in itself looks very sleek and upscale, something that can't be said for the MUX.

The MUX isn't a bad car though, it's actually great value as it's priced much cheaper than other TOTL 4x2 PPVs (same price as the entry level variants).

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    Its 330nm with 400nm overboost.

330 vs 380... i want to test drive both.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast