New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    EuroNCAP tested 3 pickups, the Navara, D-max and L200(Strada/Triton), these are the results.
    Last edited by AG4; February 29th, 2008 at 05:54 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Wow may nakakakuha pa pala ng 1-star frontal crash rating ngayon!
    Completely unacceptable crash performance from nissan and isuzu there.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Mitsubishi = safest for adult and child occupants

Navara = safest for child occupants and pedestrians

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wow... that's awful!

bigbigcar.com Review: Suzuki Alto

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by calliandra View Post
    guys,

Thank you very much for yor comments and suggestions. Just an update, the service vehicle to be assigned to me has been upgraded to 4X4 and the choices are Isuzu DMAX 4X4 or Strada GLS Sport 4X4. Again I appreciate if you could provide me of your insights on what to choose between the two.
    So between the two, go with Strada GLS Sports. Better design, powerful engine, better ride, better looks, and more safe. Just read the Strada thread for owner's feedback.

What more, you can become a member of the club. hihihihi.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    EuroNCAP apparently demanded that Navarra be recalled. Not sure about DMAX/Rodeo.

Sayang nga, ganda sana ng tindig at porma ng Navarra. It's the only other pick-up that can measure up to Strada Triton. I am sure magiging mabenta yun dito because not a lot knows about crash tests and safety (nor care about them). Often, for ordinary Filipinos, buying a car is all about looks and brand.

So, for now Strada na

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    EuroNCAP apparently demanded that Navarra be recalled. Not sure about DMAX/Rodeo.

Sayang nga, ganda sana ng tindig at porma ng Navarra. It's the only other pick-up that can measure up to Strada Triton. I am sure magiging mabenta yun dito because not a lot knows about crash tests and safety (nor care about them). Often, for ordinary Filipinos, buying a car is all about looks and brand.

So, for now Strada na
    Disappointing, I actually liked the styling of the new Frontier Navara. but I can't believe a modern pickup can get a crash rating that low.
    The (L200)Strada looks ok, although I feel that the overly-rounded styling went a bit too far.

About the Navara safety...
    The Nissan Navara was the worst-performing in the NCAP tests, receiving just one star, with a strikethrough. It did merit three stars for child protection and two for pedestrian protection. Its poor performance was partly down to the delayed deployment of the airbags.
    I wonder if they use the same airbags for the Navara sold here...
    Last edited by AG4; February 29th, 2008 at 04:47 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's not just the airbag. The thing that worries me more is the footwell deformation.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    It's not just the airbag. The thing that worries me more is the footwell deformation.
    ...and that one too.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

It is a scary thought

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Isuzu DMAX 4X2 vs. Nissan NAVARA 4X2