New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hi. Please help me out here. Next month our company will issue me a new vehicle as my old vehicle reached its fifth year. I have the option of choosing between navara 4x2 or dmax 4x2. I want your feedback with regards to the following:

1. reliability
    2. cost of parts/maintenance
    3. speed
    4. interior
    5. driving comfort
    6. audio system.

thanks

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Test Drive mo muna pareho then decide, but for me i go for Nissan Navara basta ung CRDI na ha kc powerfull sya and fuel Efficient pa as my observation and hndi rin kc ako bilib sa Diesel Technology ng Isuzu mostly nkikita ko sa Isuzu mausok talaga eh. Pero this is just my advice test drive mo pa rin pareho and decide. Thanks i hope this will help you.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Nissan Navara All The Way,forget About Isuzu.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Based on my observations with the two, the Navarra seems better on paper (never got to test it though). One advantage of the Dmax though is the more carlike rear seats.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Driving comfort? Strada, hands down...

Are these your only two choices? Where are you going to use this vehicle? For city use, or with mixed off-roading (not just farm dirt roads, I mean... but honest to goodness over-the-river and up the bundok off-roading)?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Driving comfort? Strada, hands down...
    Now you're talking. :D

I'd pick the Navara between the two.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    guys,

Thank you very much for yor comments and suggestions. Just an update, the service vehicle to be assigned to me has been upgraded to 4X4 and the choices are Isuzu DMAX 4X4 or Strada GLS Sport 4X4. Again I appreciate if you could provide me of your insights on what to choose between the two.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Finally -- Strada na!

It looks better and it's more comfortable. Since it's a 3.2L GLS Sport, I'm not sure whether or not it runs quieter than the D-Max's 3.0 DOHC, but it's definitely got more HP and torque. Only drawback is the relatively shorter cargo bed, but if you're not going to do that much hauling anyway...
    Last edited by Bogeyman; February 28th, 2008 at 05:28 PM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    The D-MAX really is more "car- like" in and out. That's compared to Nissan's or Mitsubishi's. D-MAX even improved their suspension system for the latest models. if you can ignore the "smokey" tail of the D-MAX, go for it. The Mitsubishi then the Nissan comes just a fraction of a second behind.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Bat walang trekker XLT? hehehe. . . Anyway, if i were to choose i'd opt for 1. Trekker XLT, 2. Navara (Frontier on Steroids!), 3. Strada (the metro***ual one), 4. Hi-Lux (small stock tires if I may say so), 5. Dmax (old school).

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Isuzu DMAX 4X2 vs. Nissan NAVARA 4X2