New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS50 View Post
    Noted but Tucson also costs 1.7m and the Alterra has lots of toys too like the entertainment system, rear camera, gps, etc.
    I have a Tucson CRDi Premium. Mas maraming features iyon keysa BMW X3 ng uncle ko

eto pala cardomain ng Tucson Premium ko para makita mo features.. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3848429

Pero Kia Sorento parin.
    Last edited by Starex_Gold; June 10th, 2010 at 07:59 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Know of one doctor here who bought an Alterra recently. Sold his 3 year old DMax.

Obviously, an Isuzu believer. Matibay and mura daw maintenance.

-----
    Just an observation. The previous-gen Sorentos are selling at 600-700 thousand mark. An Alterra of the same age sells for no less than 800 thousand. What gives?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    hindi mura maintenance ng Isuzu, may Trooper ako.

Yun naman previous gen Sorento, mababa talaga resale value nun kasi hindi pa binibili ng Hyundai ang Kia nung nilabas yun. At previous gen nga diba, lahat naman ng kotse nabagsak ang resale value pag andyan na yung new gen.

Yung mga 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe ngayon hindi bumababa sa 930k ang resale value..

At tulad ng sabi ni HP, hindi tayo sigurado sa injectors ng Isuzu kasi Denso. Yung Trooper, Fortuner, Innova, Hilux ang iba pang gumagamit nyang Denso injectors..

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    I have a Tucson CRDi Premium. Mas maraming features iyon keysa BMW X3 ng uncle ko

eto pala cardomain ng Tucson Premium ko para makita mo features.. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3848429

Pero Kia Sorento parin.
    slight OT

na curios lang ako bigla....

What if we turn back time....and you have the chance again on picking a new car....would you still pick the tucson over the sorento?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS50 View Post
    I think it is just a case of different strokes for different folks. You guys think Alterra is an old model - I assume you are ferring to the looks. But in my opinion, Alterra looks by far better than Tucson. Tucson for me is probably the worst looking of all compact SUV, together with the new CRV. X-trail and Ford Escape are the best looking.

I have not heard anybody saying Tucson is more economical, more durable, etc than Alterra.

That being said, I just paid the reservation fee of P10,000 to Isuzu Pasig so it will be a Sterling Silver Alterra for me soon!
    PATSYS50,

You've made a good choice! Congratulations!!! Did you get the special edition Alterra? (The one with side guards and chromed window lining? When will your unit be released?
    If you do get your Alterra before July 4th, please come to our General eyeball at Starbucks, Metrowalk, 10AM, Ortigas complex for the inclusion of your new Alterra in our photoshoot. Hope you can attend and again CONGRATULATIONS with the new Alterra.
    For more info about the group (CIA - Club Isuzu Alterra), feel free to call/text me, I'm Jeff, 0917 395-8888.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    aren't there reports of the hyundai R diesels having some problems with the locally available fuel?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Jeff, thanks for the comforting words, I needed that right after I paid the reservation

I just read about the other posters' comments about the Denso injectors and if this is indeed a factor, I hope that this will only make a difference after 5 or so years because by then I've probably changed cars several times already. Besides, it can't be that bad. The street is swarmed with INNOVA that also uses DENSO. My bro has 2006 INNOVA and so far absolutely no problem.

I just talked to "ordinary" people in the Rapide, gasoline stations, office, etc about me picking ISUZU over Hyundai and for them it is a no brainer choice - ISUZU they said is the most reliable brand out there whereas HYUNDAI always ends up in repair shops That is of course just their own perception.

I will see if I can come. I just moved back to PHI 2 weeks ago and so many things to do, furnishing the apartment, looking for school for my kid, office, etc.

Cheers.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jefsan View Post
    PATSYS50,

You've made a good choice! Congratulations!!! Did you get the special edition Alterra? (The one with side guards and chromed window lining? When will your unit be released?
    If you do get your Alterra before July 4th, please come to our General eyeball at Starbucks, Metrowalk, 10AM, Ortigas complex for the inclusion of your new Alterra in our photoshoot. Hope you can attend and again CONGRATULATIONS with the new Alterra.
    For more info about the group (CIA - Club Isuzu Alterra), feel free to call/text me, I'm Jeff, 0917 395-8888.

By the way Jeff, I don't think I got the special edition but I will contact the sales guy to inquire.

I think I should be able to get my Alterra within the next 2 weeks.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    IMO lang ha kung nagagandahan ka sa Alterra's karo like appearance sana nag Ford Everest ka na lang. Boxy din pero mas malakas makina at yun na nga German diesel (BOSCH) >> than Japanese diesel (DENSO)...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    IMO lang ha kung nagagandahan ka sa Alterra's karo like appearance sana nag Ford Everest ka na lang. Boxy din pero mas malakas makina at yun na nga German diesel (BOSCH) >> than Japanese diesel (DENSO)...
    Hi Tidus,

Actually I was considering Everest too at some point but what turned me off are:

1. Sobrang uncomfortable ng 3rd row seat, it is almost not a passenger seat.

2. Everest and pinaka mahaba amonng Everest, Montero, Alterra and Fortuner. And what's worse is that yung spare tire niya nasa likod pa so mas lalo pang humaba. Yung parking slot ko, hirap na nga akong i-park yung corolla ko eh

3. According to what I read, the Everest gets 7 to 8 km / liter city driving. My boss also confirmed this as she owns one. This is a far cry from Isuzu Alterra, whom someone I knew even claimed to get as high as 18 km / L, city driving din. Kahit sabihin mo pang nag e-exaggerate lang siya, siguro hindi naman ganun ka layo. Besides, everybody agrees Isuzu has very fuel efficient engines.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Isuzu Alterra vs Hyundai Tucson