New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    If you want reliability, then Alterra it is and it can go off-road better in case you need it. But both are in different category so it's up to you. If you need a 7-seater then get Alterra, if you need comfort, get Tucson. In fairness to Alterra, it rides very well, i think better than Fortuner. Test drive both so you can feel it.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I've seen one Alterra ginawang karo

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Tucson Premium ako dito... Sorry to the Alterra but why pay 1.7M for a pick-up truck na sinalpakan lang ng bubong. Its a 3rd world vehicle with first world prices, the Tucson is a global model and it has lots of toys like moonroof, start button, etc!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sorento CRDi parin

If you can't enjoy the toys then what is the " premium add-ons " for ?
    Tama.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    If you really want a ladder on frame vehicle,

you're better off with the 3.2 liter montero, 3.0 liter everest w/ ICE upgrade, or the V variant of the fortuner.

all of them, at 1.7 million, have more powerful engines than the alterra.

the fort has captain's chairs
    the eve has the same entertainment system, and even a GPS, (and a 5 speed auto, and the most powerful engine among them)
    the monty has an invecs-II A/T system

thing with the alterra... you're just paying for the entertainment system. same thing they're doing with the sportivo

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Tucson Premium ako dito... Sorry to the Alterra but why pay 1.7M for a pick-up truck na sinalpakan lang ng bubong. Its a 3rd world vehicle with first world prices, the Tucson is a global model and it has lots of toys like moonroof, start button, etc!
    Noted but Tucson also costs 1.7m and the Alterra has lots of toys too like the entertainment system, rear camera, gps, etc.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I think it is just a case of different strokes for different folks. You guys think Alterra is an old model - I assume you are ferring to the looks. But in my opinion, Alterra looks by far better than Tucson. Tucson for me is probably the worst looking of all compact SUV, together with the new CRV. X-trail and Ford Escape are the best looking.

I have not heard anybody saying Tucson is more economical, more durable, etc than Alterra.

That being said, I just paid the reservation fee of P10,000 to Isuzu Pasig so it will be a Sterling Silver Alterra for me soon!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    The alterra is a ladder-on-frame SUV. the chassis is definitely going to be more resilient than the tucson.

If the immediate reliability is in question, then alterra is the way to go.

tucson owners are still beginning to find out about their rides' problems

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually... a ladder frame is good for long term chassis reliability. Long term, in this case, meaning a hundred years or so...

What's questionable is the long-term reliability of the common-rail system, as this has proven to be a bugbear for Isuzu-Denso systems in the past (the infamous 4JX1 problem), whereas the diesel injection systems Hyundai's transverse engines have shown the ability to last between 150-250k kilometers with no major prolbmes.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The thing with Alterra is that it's equipped with the crappiest fuel injector in the world (denso) next to whatever the chinese uses :bwahaha:

Ford Everest, Sorento and Santa Fe got the best, Bosch. Nissan Pathfinder din comes equipped with Bosch kaso it's not sold here (yet).

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Isuzu Alterra vs Hyundai Tucson