Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mag ba-backfire din sa kanila yan...
    baka 2nd hand sorento mura na lang

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE: Interior space:

Kia versus City, it's close. The City obviously has more headroom, but the thigh support suffers terribly because of this. The seats are mounted a bit low to give the extra headroom.

The Kia's seats are likewise a bit too unsupportive at the thighs, but not as much. Kia headroom is impressive, and it's a nice and roomy little cabin for jaunts in traffic... Carlo, Ferdie (non-tsikoteer) and I drove around the city for nearly two hours and no one had any complaints except my knees (I drove for an hour), but my knees felt better than they did after the City eco-run (two and a half hours, passenger only, and I had the seat all the way back). I'd be happy to take the Rio out on a trip to Tagaytay or Batangas... I seriously wouldn't feel shortchanged... not at all.

In regards to headroom versus the Vios, it's no contest. The Vios feels tiny and claustrophobic compared to the Rio. No, that's not to say it's bad, as it's actually quite decent, but you'll be surprised by how much closer the roof feels in the back seat... pero it still has a slight edge in NVH. I haven't driven one long enough to detect any ergonomic concerns, though.

Elbow room? All of them suck for carrying three people in the back seat, but for a barkada of four, it's all smiles.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thnx niky ohh btw nice review...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    de nada... masaya naman pag-usapan... and we had fun doing the drive.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    rio has a 98" wheelbase says consumerguide. but consumerguide puts it in the same class as their class-leading mazda3 and 2006 civic. they don't consider it a subcompact anymore. so, by comparison to the mazda3 and civic, it suffers (6/10 stars only, compared to 9/10 for the mazda3). but the USDM rio tops out at $16k, with 6 airbags and ABS.

fit gets 7/10 stars from consumerguide, so not much better than the rio (i guess that's saying a lot). amazingly though the fit has a lower wheelbase (96"). that doesn't directly translate into more room in the rio though.

i'm beginning to think kia has hit this one out of the park. the 530k manual tranny can't be beat (although the assuming-600k auto tranny model is a bit on the edge: inefficient slushbox versus high-tech CVT tranny for only 10% more).

i find it a bit suspicious though that they put in rear-door courtesy lights and a split rear seat. as if to say "hey! i'm not toyota which denies those features in their entry-level model."

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    although (OT) i would dearly like to see the nissan versa released here. it would cost about the same as the jazz/fit (based on US pricing). and the 102" wheelbase is the same as a mazda3 (or 626 for that matter). it's not the roomiest car in its class for nothing.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nissan, in their quest for profitability, has probably slimmed down its operations too much.

I'm beginning to think that Nissan's hack-and-slash facelift under Ghosn has crippled their ability to deliver to the Philippine market. Their focus on key markets and cost savings has translated to the fact that the Philippines, as the only LHD market in the ASEAN, gets the oldest line-up amongst any Nissan markets. ...don't expect the Versa any time soon... unless Nissan decides to go the X-Trail / Murano route... just go upmarket for the meantime, then bring in the mass market cars when they've got enough volume to send to us again.

RE: Consumerguide... bunch of doddering dolts. How can you call the RIo a compact if even a ten year old can't sleep sideways in the back seat?

Consumer Reports is a wee bit more trustworthy... because they actually drive the cars. Their quality survey leaves much to be desired, though, but it's a better reference.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    I saw this kia rio na naka souped up astig!
    May angle siya na mukhang mazdaspeed protege.

well the design of kia is getting better what do I expect from a former designer of Audi.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    wala bang interior pics jan??

is it just me or meron ding isang tao na budget concious and ayaw nya if bibili xia ng car then after a while magiging taxi yung car nya? if ever im buying a car, sna hindi xia gawing taxi.. like vios.. or the corollas.. heck, meron nga akong nakitang altis tapos taxi e... buti ang honda wala talaga.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    ok here it is

and also pls avoid using text/SMS shortcuts in typing your response here on the boards
    Last edited by carlocaraddict; October 10th, 2006 at 09:12 PM.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Impromptu Face-off: Kia Rio versus Toyota Vios