New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: which car will you buy if you have 150k cash?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2002 Kia Pride CD5

5 5.68%
  • 1997 Corolla XL

51 57.95%
  • downpayment for brand new Suzuki Alto

23 26.14%
  • downpayment for brand new Chery QQ

9 10.23%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sir kung QQ po kukunin nio please make a review sana and ung price quotation for the financing.. thanks po sir

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    No offense, but if you only have a budget of 150k for a car, I'm guessing your pockets aren't deep enough for either amortization or major repairs.

I guess you just have to look around the streets of Manila. It isn't hard to notice that most taxis use the Corolla, because of the availability of parts, and reliable.

The important thing is that it runs. Expect that the suspension already needs replacement, but just budget initially for the critical ones.

Electrical should come first. Battery replacement, and perhaps wiring - don't buy anything that looks like it has been rewired or kitang kita ang mga spaghetti. That means it has gone through a history of electrical problems.

Also, check the distributor if it needs replacement. Does it charge the battery etc. Just check for those items that will make the car stall.

If the electrical is okay, then budget for the small things as you go along. Like freon, cooling systems. The suspension, front muna, tapos pa dahan dahan lang.

I don't believe that you should get into amortization if your income is not sufficient. It's just going to get you into further debt.

If you buy a second-hand car and can't support it financially, worst case is that you have to sell it. But if you get into car financing, and decide you want to bail out, it's going to black list you with the banks (forever) so be careful.

Cheers!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zxd168pzz View Post
    No offense, but if you're only have a budget of 150k for a car, I'm guessing your pockets aren't deep enough for either amortization or major repairs.
    +1

2002 Kia Pride CD5 for me, basta good condition and hindi ex-taxi. At least 5 years newer than the Corolla, so all things mechanically equal, mas sariwa sya dapat. Di naman siguro nagkakalayo price ng parts. Kay peborit din itong gawing taxi.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    mas mabuti gamitin mo as downpayment ng isang brand new na sasakayan, provided na kakayanin mo monthly amortization...

check the newspaper, mayroon ads, below 100thousand downpayment for a new car...

iyun lang kung ma-approve ka ng bank.
    Last edited by chuaed; October 13th, 2007 at 10:52 AM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Want a daily driver for 150K?

Get a Benz Diesel W123.
    iam3739.com

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    Want a daily driver for 150K?

Get a Benz Diesel W123.
    +1 sobra tibay talaga, I have a w123 1982 pa pero sa tingin ko kahit 25 yrs old na to it will still outlast the brand new cars on sale now.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    +1 sobra tibay talaga, I have a w123 1982 pa pero sa tingin ko kahit 25 yrs old na to it will still outlast the brand new cars on sale now.
    Plus, you get Power Windows and other amenities. Leather seats pa yung iba.
    iam3739.com

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    Plus, you get Power Windows and other amenities. Leather seats pa yung iba.
    I dont think all w123's are loaded with all the options, mine did not have power windows when I got it but I installed one anyway. I have come across a lot of w123's and some (although relatively rare these days) dont even have power steering.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    If you want a w123, get a US spec version 300D-T, 280E (up to '79), etc because most of them have all options like sunroof, locking glovebox, electric window lifters, power steering, central locking, among others. The European versions, however, also came with some options that the US cars could benefit from.

I find myself driving the w123 more than the w124. There's something with the w123 that the w124 lacks I guess. But the best MB combo for the older model enthusiast is the w123 and w124. W123 for classic car, w124 for more modern ride and comfort.

I once opened a friend's Kia's door, and nearly ripped it out because I pulled too hard. Needless to say those w123 & w116 doors are bank vaults.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    try sentra LEC. tipid na, lakas a/c, and naka timing chain sya kya no worries bout changing it, unlike others timing belt ang gamit.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
If you have 150k cash, which basic car will you buy?