New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Oks, will check the Sportage, thing is though, Kia casa is far from my home.
    I hate it when I have to leave the car and take a taxi to work.
    Also CRDI costs P1M ++. No budget for P1M ++. .
    My max budget is round P950k only and thats already stretched. Hence the choices.

Last year did lots of reaserch about the Tuc we did consider the Escape but we just didnt like its style. If you can get the CRDi do so, i get better consumpiton on my Tuc than my Honda Lxi considering that its larger and heavier not to metion torquier.

The aircon is great never needed to put the thermo in full cool even during noon though i sometimes place fan switch to 2.

The Wife loves all the features and everything is well placed.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tucson for me. I've known Escape owners who are dying now because their units are fuel guzzlers.

Anyway, Niki's review on the Tucson CRDi is very good..

http://www.bigbigcars.com/ReviewArticle.aspx?id=22

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Too bad.

But 875k buys you a diesel Carens... :idea:

-----

The Tucson is a lot for the money, but that's mostly if we're talking the CRDi... if the 2.0 CVVT Tucson is about as much as the Escape 2.3, you might just want to opt for the bigger and more comfortable vehicle.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Too bad.

But 875k buys you a diesel Carens... :idea:

-----

The Tucson is a lot for the money, but that's mostly if we're talking the CRDi... if the 2.0 CVVT Tucson is about as much as the Escape 2.3, you might just want to opt for the bigger and more comfortable vehicle.
    actually yes....if i were to choose, i would take the carens over the tucson or the escape.... much more value for money.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hmm...Carens, parang its smallish e. Small Innova. :D
    Screams mom mobile for me. (Sorry..for the male population that owns carens.)

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hmm..are there any more brand new SUVs that are less than P1M out there?
    Less than 1M if straight cash payment. So meaning, it might be more than P1M, but due to discounts it becomes less than P1M. :D

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    New Escape A/C is super cold, sometimes I end up wishing I could set the fan weaker than "2" in recirc mode. Ours is over a year old na and it's still good enough to give you goosebumps/hard nips whatever.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Hmm..are there any more brand new SUVs that are less than P1M out there?
    Less than 1M if straight cash payment. So meaning, it might be more than P1M, but due to discounts it becomes less than P1M. :D
    AFAIK, only the Tucson & Sportage can offer that.

The next cheapest SUV is the Tribute at around P1.1M+

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Want a really cheap SUV? Suzuki Jimny... ...and it'll go off-road... something many so-called SUVs can't do.

But it's got absolutely no cargo space (the rear seats are almost up against the glass) and the ride is kind of jittery... still, if you want something cute and cheap that looks extremely macho, the Jimny is it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Don't they give discounts and freebies too for the CRDi Tucson?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Hyundai Tucson vs Ford Escape