New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hi Guys,
    What's more worth it for you guys. Almost same price na lng ang dalawa pag CASH. (P950k +-)
    1. Ford Escape 2.3L 4x2AT North Face Edition (Free tent, Roof tray, 2 camping bags + P96k discount)
    or
    2. Hyundai Tucson 2.0L CVVT SpecUp Mono.
    (Spec up includes: back up sensor, roof rails, 2 din 1 cd JVC w/ aux, 6 speakers, P20k disc)

Am also curious on the feedbacks of Hyundai and Ford Casas. Am near makati lng, so definitely, papa-ayos ko to sa Casa's round that area.

Ford Escape = better interiors and space, hard lng yun pag fold ng seats but workable. No Aux, although it can be fixed ata (help on this).

Hyundai Tucson = back up sensors, stereo is good, mas tipid raw (7-8km/l on Tuc vs 6-7km/l on Escape), medyo rough interiors especially on nooks and crannys,

Help Help!

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    I also think resale value for both vehicles are almost at par. Although the trend for me is use the car for 10 - 20 years before selling.

Also, Need feedback on the aircon. W/c feels cooler. Some reviews in tsikot says that the aircon in the Escape sucks.

I'm usually driving round metro manila, with an occasional high speed run (2x a year) to the beaches in Luzon w/ barkadas.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sir kung sa global hyundai at global ford ka titingin iisa lang may ari nun baka same lang service nila
    pangit feedback ng tito ko sa old escape niya e, malakas daw sa gas (dunno kung ok na yung newer escape)
    ok naman ang tucson lalo na yung CRDi

maganda siguro test drive ka sa global sir at saka ka magdecide
    goodluck

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yeah, ok sana CRDI..pero not enough funds for that. So gas version ako.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO - if your not getting a CRDi variant of the Tucson then by all means go for the Escape.

The Escape with the 2.3L engine has a better fuel economy than the old one with the 2.0L engine (underpowered). The ride is really comfortable and the power delivery is just right. The interior also looks better than the Tucson.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    How's the aircon for the Escape? Ok ba?
    How's casa service? Mas mahal ba ang ford kaysa hyundai? Is Ford Fort Boni good or is Hyundai Macapagal blvd better?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The problem with Ford aircons is the recirc function. The new Escape has supposedly cured this. I'm not sure about power, as I haven't driven it in hot weather... AC strength is a traditional weakness of Ford's... about the only Fords I've driven with really good AC are the Lynx and the Focus TDCi (the regular Focus has so-so AC in front, because so much of the air is diverted to the rear vents.)

The Tucson's AC isn't the strongest I've ever felt, either... we just drove one this January, and despite the mild weather, we had to turn the knob to 3 or 4 sometimes at high noon, to get the air to circulate. Whichever car you get, invest in good tints for the rear seats.

I prefer the interior of the Escape. Better screwed together, more spacious, better seats. But I'd be lying if I said the Tucson was cramped... it's pretty roomy, too... and the fold-down rear seats are exceptionally easy to use.

The Escape rides better at low speeds. The Tucson feels a little jiggly. Both vehicles handle well compared to the competition, but the Escape has a little more body roll.

The Escape's new 2.3 engine should be a little more economical, but don't expect miracles. The electronic throttle makes for a bit of lag when you suddenly press the pedals. If you're getting a Tucson AT... the transmission just plain sucks... even compared to Ford's 4-speed AT.

Overall, the CVVT should be a bit more economical, but the Escape is a much better car... if you're getting a Tucson, it makes the most sense to get the Tucson CRDi. Otherwise, you might want to look at other Koreans in the price range, like the Carens (terrific engine for the price) or Sportage (the Sportage is the same as the Tucson, but it looks better).
    Last edited by niky; January 21st, 2008 at 01:31 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I'm a FORD Escape owner..

If you're considering the Tucson/Sportage.

Get the Diesel variant! If only I could have one.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Get the crdi Sportage, it costs less than the crdi Tucson, is 4wd, looks better (external profile) and has superior interiors (leather sides and seats, better quality plastics -textured vs. plain for the Tucson). I also considered the new Ford Escape, it certainly looks good, has very attractive styling (exterior and interior, especially with the North Face accesories), but bought the crdi Sportage for the reasons I already stated - 4wd, diesel.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Oks, will check the Sportage, thing is though, Kia casa is far from my home.
    I hate it when I have to leave the car and take a taxi to work.
    Also CRDI costs P1M ++. No budget for P1M ++. .
    My max budget is round P950k only and thats already stretched. Hence the choices.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Hyundai Tucson vs Ford Escape