New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177 View Post
    I beg to disagree regarding the point on reliability: I have already replaced a stabilizer link and an idler bearing on my 2006 Starex, while it was less than a year old. In contrast, I only started experiencing parts breakage on our 2002 Carnival on its third year of use. Both vehicles are driven under the same road conditions.

Comparing fit and finish, I wa more impressed with the build quality of our older Carnival than with our newer Starex. Yun nga lang, ang tagal maglabas ng bagong modelo ng Carnival kaya Starex na yung binili namin last year.

Anyway, YMMV, and I have no idea how the 2007 Starex will hold up compared with the 2007 Carnival. Man, I wish I could win the lottery.

Sorry to hear that. Sa Kia thread kasi ako naka-basa ng repair issues sa Kia eh yung 3 previous starex namin hindi naman nagkaka-problems sa suspension. Hope you were able to get it fixed free, though.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    thanks to all inputs

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The stabilizer link of my Starex was replaced under warranty by Hyundai Dagupan, but they didn't replace the idler bearing since they reasoned that it is a "moving part" and therefore subject to "normal wear and tear."

Yung shifter cable naman ang nasira sa Carnival ko on its third year. Hindi ko na na-claim under warranty kasi nasa probinsya kami nun at mas mahal siguro magpa-tow hanggang casa ng Kia sa Wheels E. Rod kaysa sa maghanap ng piyesa on my own

Another thing to consider is the weight of the two vehicles. Ewan ko kung ano yung ginagawa ng driver namin, pero mas madalas syang makaranas ng flat tire sa Starex (apat na so far), pero nung Carnival pa yung dala nya, di sya na-flatan, ever. It's still a mystery to me.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by C190 View Post
    Hi guys, which do you prefer? hyundai starex 2.5 crdi at (P1.268m) or kia carnival 2.9 crdi at (P1.290m)
    pang all around use
    i really can't compare pero kung pang all around mas mahirap i-drive siguro yan carnival bec. of the long body.

i used to drive our chevy venture (same body as kia) before my dad bought his starex. love na love ko drive ang starex even in bumper to bumper traffic conditions. lahat nakikita ko

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Teka, I think the new Carnival has a price tag of P1.5+m, not P1.2m something.

Niwey, magandang comparison 'to, well if I have to choose, my answer would be... depende! Like it both though the Carnival gave the most advantages: compact van w/ car-like characteristics, seats 8 big passengers comfortably (can stretch to 10 pa), better a/c vents (w/ rear foot vent), what captivated me also is the power windows of both the sliding doors (non-sliding windows anymore!), engine potential is great. Rants on like a driver-side airbag only (not dual), 4-speed AT (where's the 5-speed Kia?!?) to give some.

Starex is fairly good too, though it's just too big for me. But w/ a humongous family, this best fit for them!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    [quote=rayban7g;884193]Teka, I think the new Carnival has a price tag of P1.5+m, not P1.2m something.

Bro yan ang binigay na presyo sa akin ng SA ng mag road test kami ng carnival, yung yatang 1.5m ay power sliding door na.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 1.2 is the SWB... no cargo space.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Starex!!!!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Congrats EQAddict! Haven't seen an LWB Grand Carnival, just the SWB 5 seater version. Was very impressed.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Urvan for me.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Hyundai Starex or Kia Carnival