New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Hi guys, which do you prefer? hyundai starex 2.5 crdi at (P1.268m) or kia carnival 2.9 crdi at (P1.290m)
    pang all around use

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by C190 View Post
    Hi guys, which do you prefer? hyundai starex 2.5 crdi at (P1.268m) or kia carnival 2.9 crdi at (P1.290m)
    pang all around use
    all around use? Starex na. Mas malaking cargo space, mas maluwag ang legroom, mas mataas ang ground clearance & mas fuel efficient. Kahit 2.5 CRDi lang ang Starex, very powerful na sya kumpara sa 2.5 D-4D ng Toyota.

hindi mo na ba iintayin ang Grand Starex?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Carnival is more car like to drive if it matters to you.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I would prefer the Starex mainly because we have a big family and were big people.

But it will always boil down into your own needs.
    iam3739.com

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    i prefer carnival bec. big engine and car like chasis. i'm sure very comfortable sa long trips.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I prefer our Carnival for long trips, but the Starex for driving in tight traffic because of its better turning radius and shorter length. Mas mahaba ang nguso ng Carnival kaya mas kampante ako i-drive sya sa highway. Nailusong na namin ang parehong sasakyan sa baha (past the center of the wheel) at walang timurik sa kanila.

The Carnival has easier ingress and egress, plus, if you compare it with the current Starex, it has the bonus of having sliding doors on both sides.

I've used both vehicles for hauling cargo, and while the Starex has more space, the Carnival is no slouch either, being able to accommodate large boxes and tables with the 3rd row moved fully forward.

I prefer the handbrake of the Starex to the footbrake of the Carnival. When all is said and done, one is a van while the other is a minivan, so they are targeted for slightly different niches.

As another poster said, it all boils down to your particular needs. Inspect both in the showroom to get a better idea of which one will be more useful and hassle-free for you in the long run.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Was asked to move my discussion to this site... Please assist???

Here is my 2 cents worth as I am in a similar dilema...
    The new grand starex 9seater AT CRDI (price not sure but around PHP1.6M)or the new Kia Carnival EX LWB (PHP1.57M)...

Length Kia longer by 5mm width kia longer 65mm height starex heigher by 165mm (maybe that is why it looks roomier.

Engine both crdi, kia is 2.9lit turbo and starex 2.5lit VGT (not sure which is better anybody can assist??) max output kia is at 160/3700rpm vs hyundai 174/3800rpm...

Seats and legroom starex seems bigger and better and luggage room I would same same... but the kia has the fold and stow to floor level...

On the features kia stands out completely (starex has nothing to offer) with all the bells and whisles including power dual side doors and tailgate... (parang town and country)... kia apholstery is really bad but seat covers can take care of that...

My family is getting bigger but my kids are still small 5, 2 and planning 1 more soon..

I am inclined to buy the Kia already, ready by next month but starex in October or even later....

What do you guys think...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    If it were me and I could afford to wait, I would. Kasi yung Starex wala pa sa official dealers so medyo problemado pa ang aftersales. Yung Kia, naman, new model din -- at feel ko lang from the feedbacks, mas maganda ang feedbacks on reliability nung starex on the PREVIOUS model. My .02.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Both are good vehicles. But if it were me, I'd choose the Starex since it gives me a more commanding view of the road.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I beg to disagree regarding the point on reliability: I have already replaced a stabilizer link and an idler bearing on my 2006 Starex, while it was less than a year old. In contrast, I only started experiencing parts breakage on our 2002 Carnival on its third year of use. Both vehicles are driven under the same road conditions.

Comparing fit and finish, I wa more impressed with the build quality of our older Carnival than with our newer Starex. Yun nga lang, ang tagal maglabas ng bagong modelo ng Carnival kaya Starex na yung binili namin last year.

Anyway, YMMV, and I have no idea how the 2007 Starex will hold up compared with the 2007 Carnival. Man, I wish I could win the lottery.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Hyundai Starex or Kia Carnival