New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Rej248 View Post
    * sir otep. Thank you for that clarification, very helpful indeed.

* sir old blue. yes you are right...use your vehicle where it makes most sense.

I know there's a separate Santa Fe thread but my next query might still be relevant here. If i do choose the SF next month...question is CRDi FWD or AWD. Without the traction control will the AWD (with 50/50 lock function) still matter a lot on paved roads ( slippery situations at that???). I was thinking what the heck for P125 K more one can get the AWD + Dual airbags. Only major advantage i can think of as Sir Otep mentioned in the SF thread is the additional peace of mind. So is it really worth it. Or will it just be a feature that would barely matter except for the potential higher resale value years ahead having the premium variant???
    regarding resale value, you may want to check out the used CRV 4x2 vs 4x4 or RAV4 4x2 vs 4x2. kung tipong less than 50k lang ang difference ng 2nd hands, then might as well get the 4x2. sa bnew kasi more than a 100k ang difference. siguro naman what is true to Toyota/Honda Suvs pwede na din i-apply sa Hyundai or any other SUVs with 2 variants.

regarding peace of mind, well it depends. if you are a person who fears floods and who is a boy scout. better get the 4x4. that's the price of personal paranoia, you tend to shell out more bec. you value your fear more. same reasoning can be applied sa Dual Airbags.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Salamat mga sir. Guess, i'll just have to weigh this out.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Rej248 View Post
    * sir otep. Thank you for that clarification, very helpful indeed.

* sir old blue. yes you are right...use your vehicle where it makes most sense.

I know there's a separate Santa Fe thread but my next query might still be relevant here. If i do choose the SF next month...question is CRDi FWD or AWD. Without the traction control will the AWD (with 50/50 lock function) still matter a lot on paved roads ( slippery situations at that???). I was thinking what the heck for P125 K more one can get the AWD + Dual airbags. Only major advantage i can think of as Sir Otep mentioned in the SF thread is the additional peace of mind. So is it really worth it. Or will it just be a feature that would barely matter except for the potential higher resale value years ahead having the premium variant???
    Go for the 2.7 V6 4x4 version

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hyundai Santa Fe V6 vs Suzuki Grand Vitara V6