New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by newcarbuyer View Post
    Hyundai Accent Hatchback A/T vs Honda City 1.5 EL A/T

what would you choose between these two cars and why?

Below are my categories:

1. Fuel consumption
    2. reliability
    3. driving experience
    4. passenger comfort / space
    5. maintenance cost

Thanks!
    Why not throw in the JAZZ 1.5L so you would be comparing a hatchback vs a hatchback?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    I'll take the city over the accent any day or even think about lancer ex glx a/t.

edit: maintenance for the city is every 10k average of 4-5k per pms.
    Even if it's at the end of it's life cycle?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    can you define end of life cycle?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by xander1925 View Post
    I dont know where you get that the Accent has a higher Parts Cost... Maybe a little bit in Maintenance but Parts? Plus the fact the Hyundai, you will have extra 2 years of warranty since 5 years sya...
    Body and suspension parts perhaps not, but engine parts would be more expensive especially the turbo and fuel system-related parts.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Body and suspension parts perhaps not, but engine parts would be more expensive especially the turbo and fuel system-related parts.

i have a taxi unit accent 1.5 (U2 engine) crdi. mileage is already 166584km. only the auxiliary fan has been replaced. vgt and fuel system parts still intact. timing chain still intact. now if you translate that mileage to personal/private use( 20,000km/yr) thats 8 years. regular maintenance(change oil and air filter) every 5000km using mineral oil lang ang gamit ko and change fuel filter and egr cleaning every 20,000km. all maintenance services was done outside casa since i bought the unit brandnew.
    Last edited by valskie01; August 3rd, 2013 at 08:07 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post
    i have a taxi unit accent 1.5 (U2 engine) crdi. mileage is already 166584km. only the auxiliary fan has been replaced. vgt and fuel system parts still intact. timing chain still intact. now if you translate that mileage to personal/private use( 20,000km/yr) thats 8 years. regular maintenance(change oil and air filter) every 5000km using mineral oil lang ang gamit ko and change fuel filter and egr cleaning every 20,000km. all maintenance services was done outside casa since i bought the unit brandnew.
    Kaya pala wala naging breakdown sa internal or engine trouble, mineral oil pala gamit nyo bossing which is talagang bagay na oil dito sa atin sa pang araw araw na gamit. Sa totoo lang hindi talagay bagay dito sa atin ang fully synthetic yung mga 5W30 or even 10W30 mabilis lang uminit ang makina pag yan ang oil mo proven ko na yan pag nag-overheat ka wala ka protection. Lalo na kung may thermostat pa ung cooling system mo and 5W30 gamit mo na napaka mahal ng presyo tpos kasagsagan ng summer and your car is already 100K milage, naku malapit kna sa overheat kawawa makina mo. Anyway bossing ano langis gamit mo what brand? nakaka bilib yan ah.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Anyway meron kami Honda CRV 10yrs na 120K milage na bumigay na ung isa aux fan but never tumaas ung temp still in normal range umakyat pa ng tagaytay no problem naalala ko Castrol Magnatec 10W40 gamit namin na oil sa kanya lagi every 10K ang palit ng langis but every 5K palit filter tpos add STP oil treatment. until now Engine still smoth and no vibration. i think STP talaga bagay dito sa mainit nating Bansa.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post
    Saludo ako bro! I've encountered quite a lot of Accent cabs in very poor condition. Lakas ng vibration, smoke belching, very unhealthy whistling sound from the engine most likely indicating malfunctioning turbo... Do you still do turbo cool down before engine shutoff?

Pareho pala tayo in that everything is done outside the casa. Laki talaga ng pagkaiba sa presyo. Yun lang Trooper 4JX1 namin dati, bumibili kami ng Besco 10W30 at mga fuel filter sa casa kundi tumotopak ang makina pero pinapagawa na sa labas. Besides, never had any warranty claims besides the injectors and TPS replaced free of charge for the Trooper.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Only thing that Accent does not meet in your requirements is the passenger comfort in the backseat.

Considered the mirage and vios?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Do you still do turbo cool down before engine shutoff?
    i always remind my driver to cool down the engine 2-3 minutes. i presume ginagawa nila ito.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_Torque View Post
    Anyway bossing ano langis gamit mo what brand? nakaka bilib yan ah.
    petron trekker rev-x 15w-40 api rating ci-4

Sent from my GT-I9505

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast