New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    As of today, it's still a coin toss between the Yaris and the Jazz for me as a compact, runabout car for me. I've read all the reviews and real life experiences with both I gotta tell you, it's got me boggled.

The Pros and Cons of both brands are nearly equal, especially in the maintenance level.

The Yaris is really new to me and the best thing about the financing deal is that I only have to cough up one half of the SRP and the rest is Zero Interest na for 18 months.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Based on my experience, its not that easy to look for zz parts unlike the old toyotas, and parts are not cheap either.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    overall, i would go for Toyota. parts, service, reliability, resale value ....
    although, engine technology-wise, Honda takes the cake. pangit lang sa honda is the arrogant and inutile service engineers.
    btw, hindi ba standard sa honda ang signal lights? just asking... kasi madaming hindi gumagamit ng signal lights na honda e...baka option kasi. no offense meant!!!!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by silicon View Post
    overall, i would go for Toyota. parts, service, reliability, resale value ....
    although, engine technology-wise, Honda takes the cake. pangit lang sa honda is the arrogant and inutile service engineers.
    btw, hindi ba standard sa honda ang signal lights? just asking... kasi madaming hindi gumagamit ng signal lights na honda e...baka option kasi. no offense meant!!!!

with the resale value mas mataas ang honda sir.

i think the comparison is between the cars. not the driver and the service. hahahaha.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I think it depends on the model regarding resale values. If you talk about the 90's Toyota VS the 90's Honda laki ng difference. Big body Corolla VS Civic EK anyone??

But the modern Toyota's has closed the gap and the difference is small abeit meron pa din. But I do see that the Camry has better resale value than the Accord and so with the RAV4 than the CRV.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    big body even GLI nila less than 200 na lang. sa EK 200+ pa e. civic is always higher than corollas naman.

pero accord na bago tama. mas mahal camry.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    ...Then again Benzes are used as taxis in other countries. They're not looked down upon. Heheheh.

Local culture na lang yang "stigma" ng taxis, kung meron man.
    dito nga sa africa we're poverty is visible than us ang peugeot hatchback taxi din lang....

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    lately we've been loyal to honda, ok naman, very low maintenance

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    neither. but for the sake of argument, i'd lean more towards toyota. they both make equally great daily-driveable ECONO cars and suvs which cater to a wide range of cutomers but i just hate the "prestigous" pa-effect of honda.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    The TS of this thread just started a war.

I've driven both and this is all that I can say.

Toyota: Fuel Efficient and great for daily driving. Parts are cheap (old ones) and maintenance is cheap as well. Boring look in my eyes.

Honda: Great drive and feeling fast and the furious. I think it's the badge that counts and since the Phil does not make these cars into taxi's giving the exclusive feel. Fuel efficient (Civics) (Y/N)? No

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Honda Vs Toyota