New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, my best launches in the RS are at 4000... pero that's because my Advan Neovas are so sticky that they make the car bog at 3500 rpm...

But I've found a new contender for the compact speed throne... the Focus TDCi.

We had a chance to fling these around on various autocrosses and rallycrosses, but it was only on the recent test drive that I was able to do any real-world testing on it.

If the SiR has puny torque and the RS has "fun" torque... the TDCi is a damn orgasm of torque.

Soft, supple suspension, six speeds, amazingly good steering, and that engine!

My RS, in its current state of tune, can keep up with a stock SiR... maybe even beat it in a drag race. But from a roll, the Focus leaves it behind, and it takes a lot of work to catch back up.

Every single minute behind the wheel of that Focus was driving ecstasy... and I'm really sad we're going to have to give it back.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    the stock honda sir is hard to find nowadays. we tried three big car exchanges and each of them have only one to show mahal pa rin pero parang di na sariwa baka laspag pa, btw maganda lang talaga kung kilala mo yung nagbebenta owner ng unit so it will be alright to keep it even though it's already an 8-year old car classic.
    'tyagaan na muna yung eg presentable pa naman (new paint) at pede pa ring dalhin sa car shows.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Some guy at Speedlab got lucky and picked up a white bone stock SiR last month. We were flabbergasted when it pulled a perfect run on the dyno... walang tama yung makina.

Of course, wala pang isang buwan, puro aftermarket na yung naka-karga... shocks, brakes, etcetera... :lol:

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Some guy at Speedlab got lucky and picked up a white bone stock SiR last month. We were flabbergasted when it pulled a perfect run on the dyno... walang tama yung makina.
    how much would the fair price for that kind of stock SiR?

if only the car exchanges would allow having their unit dyno'ed before purchase

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    350-380k, depending on the condition. Depends on where you buy it from. Secondhand dealers tend to always ask more.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I doubt it that you can find a bone-stock SiR nowadays.

The car tends to get abused, even if the owner doesn't intend to, it's that tempting.

However, the engine is built to be really tough... I have seen EK's being tuned to produce 660whp and the engine still holds.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    just be ready with extra budget for tune up, repair, et al. dont worry you can still restore the car unless it is severely damage. my friend SIR met an accident super fast kc drive, feeling f1, ayon butas pocket nya for restoration, P250K +. its very hard to find a SIR that is not "laspag"

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I just can't help but agree that it's still worthwhile to acquire a honda SiR. I just got mine(stock) a few months back...and boy,did I have so much fun with it! Added only intake & exaust plus "17 rims makes driving it a bliss!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oo naman..i've always wanted to have one, until now as long as it's all stock, not abused by its former owner..but yun nga, bihira na ang ganung condition since the car readily accepts modification

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    what i like about the SIR talaga is the looks,speed and can easily be set up just to add more finesse to the car, i tried running it to 160km/h, loved the sound of the engine ,steering wheel was not vibrating or something, sounded very relax like i was just on 100kmh. but damn its fast.gusto ko pa sana ipa abot ng 200 pero nakakatakot na. i had a mitsu galant shark look, 100kmh palang nagvavibrate na yung steering wheel..nakakatakot baka bumigay! hahahaha

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Is Honda SIR still a nice choice for the second hand car?