New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    with great power comes great responsibility....quite odd though honda forgot to install ABS and Airbags with the SiR.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    probably to keep the price down.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Didn't the first SiRs come without radio, too?

I remember that one reason we didn't get one was because of the lack of amenities... in hindsight, that's something that is easily remedied.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    one comment i remembered is the inadequate braking power even though it's already 4 wheel disk-brake.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    being a previous owner of a Civic SiR ( I just sold mine last oct. because I need a bigger vehicle) masasabi ko lang ay talagang matulin ito para sa isang 1.6 liter car. May mga nakikita pa rin akong for sale sa buyandsell pero not sure though kung sariwa or galing sa bangga ang mga ito. So kung may nakita kang sariwa then go for it, in a few years time magiging classic na ito tulad ng galant Gti of the 90's
    Last edited by sauman; March 15th, 2006 at 03:16 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    OT lng sir may nakita ako sir nka Turbo charged.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    considering we already have and EK(lxi), i still consider buying an SIR if i already save enough money to buy my own car. but i guess when that time comes, the SIR is already a classic. bwahahahaha

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Just reviving this thread to get some more updated answers .

Is it still worth it to get a 1999 SiR by first quarter of 2008? 9 year old all stock, never modified, has all the original trimmings.

Some say that it's way past its prime and that newer, more aggressive variants are better bang-for-buck. But I still say that it's a classic worth keeping at least for another 5 years or so.

What do you guys think?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The civic Sir is still worth every penny if you find a good one that hasn't been to heavily modified. the B16a engine of the SiR is still a racing engine and best if you plan to modify it for some fun.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    i would say ok pa rin ito lalo na kapag nakkuha ng maganda pa ang condition

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Is Honda SIR still a nice choice for the second hand car?