New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Good afternoon, Tsikots, I have a question,is Honda SIR still a nice choice for the second hand car? compare to the new mazda3 1.6 and honda vtis 1.6, which can run fastest?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung speed ang habol mo... hands down sa honda sir. but remember it is already an old car (around 6 years old or so) so you might have to replace a thing or two already.

though if you want a comfy ride... ok ang mazda3. kung civic, well... outgoing model na yung binebenta... the new model is just around the corner.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by czw2005
    Good afternoon, Tsikots, I have a question,is Honda SIR still a nice choice for the second hand car? compare to the new mazda3 1.6 and honda vtis 1.6, which can run fastest?
    yes, SiR is the fastest compare with mazda3 and vti-s.

just like mazda2 said, kung speed ang hanap mo... SiR ka na.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    SiR is faster, but if you're patient enough, the new Civic will be coming out with a 1.8-liter engine. It has 140 hp, just 20 shy from the SiR, but with more usable torque. The SiR isn't really a good tool around town and everyday traffic, but if you're more into drag racing and empty highway shootouts, this is your car.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Too many shouty and indignified SiRs are out there in the wild...

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    I havent driven one yet, but I have been told its really quick. I regret not getting this instead of the VTI. The car's catch is really the special engine.

The only downside is the rather pricey resale value. Good for the seller but not you as the buyer. And since many inexperienced drivers tried honing this car's speed, as a result, many units were totally wrecked and if not ruined partially. Its a bit difficult to find a perfect no-hit car, but when you find one, expect to pay a premium.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    yes, SiR would be value for your money. i knew a couple of executives where i work refuses to give up theirs.

yes, it's quick, really quick. even for a stock tuned, entry level sedan. that is why its called the 'pocket rocket'... even the 2.0 DOHC i-VTEC seemed anemic compared to the power rating of this (SiR) baby. too bad it ain't got ABS nor airbags...

when, the time came to buy my own car with my own money, SiR will be on top of my list, next is the mazda3 2.0 or even the gen2.5 323 familia, then the Lancer '99-00 model (the updated version of the Evo V-VI series, with extended bumpers).
    Last edited by ian_rex; March 13th, 2006 at 10:12 PM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I've always an SiR before kaso ka presyo nya yun mga 96 model na BMW 3 series. Considering na kamukha lang naman nya yun normal na civic of the same year, i went with the BM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    if speed tlga hanap mo, no doubt Sir would win it... but if sa practicality, L go with the 7th gen vic..

but if ur budget allows you, go get the 8th gen na. ilang tulog nlang. ;)

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    For practicality, Altis is the thing!

As for the SiR, it's quick yes, but not supercar quick. Install a 20-valve in a Corolla and you should get about the same performance, if not even better. If you were to go for this car, try to find sellers that are not really young people. Look for units that still have their mudguards on (many modded SiRs have these off). Your target is a unit that was bought only because it's the top model Civic. If you find an SiR seller at least in the mid-30s, you have more or less a car that hasn't been raced, at least not that much if ever.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Is Honda SIR still a nice choice for the second hand car?