The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2013
    thinking of getting either:

A. Honda jazz (2009-2012) used 1.3s
    B. Honda jazz (2009-2012) used 1.5v
    C. Ford ecosport trend m/t

I'll be using it for daily city driving from qc to pasay then to bulacan on weekends.

Passengers would be my preggy wife.

This would be my first car and need to have it before the baby comes out.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    I assume brand new ang ecosport? Mas ok yun para sakin. And m/t naman. So good yun

3. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    I assume that its also a 2nd hand ecosport to make the comparison logical. The 2012 jazz has not lost its appeal to me. I even find it better looking than the new jazz. Believe me when I say that you will be needing the jazz's lots of cargo space when the baby comes. The only advantage I see on the Trend is it being a high rider. Unfortunately, preggies do not like high riders. And remember that the boss is always right.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Price wise I'm guessing you're referring to a brand new Ford vs 2nd hand Jazz. I would go for the manual Trend. Currently driving a Jazz and very happy with it in the city. But I do drive to the province from time to time. Dahil hindi paved lahat ng road na daraanan ko to my parents house madalas sumayad sasakyan. I'm so use to it that I don't mind yung mga gasgas sa bumper, baba kasi ground clearance ng jazz.

Given a choice I'd pick the manual Trend, at least with that vehicle wala akong problema sa uneven surface. Ngayon, kahit yung drive-thru McDonald's na mas mababa o mataas kalye kaysa sa driveway nila madalas kumakayod bumper ko.

5. Join Date
    May 2013
    Price wise, its a bnew ecosport vs 2nd hand jazz

6. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Then brand new it is.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

among your listed choices: ford. brand new.
    headache-free. and you'll appreciate the higher ground clearance..

8. Join Date
    May 2013
    Me and wifey decided to change our options and instead choose between honda jazz vx vs the ford ecosport trend mt. I more concerned on the issues surrounding the ecosport like cargo space beeing flooded during heavy rain downpours. And gas tank covers can be damaged by gas boys during refuelling although i havent heard yet the effectivity of its wading capacity. As for the jazz kept looking in the web on issues of the jazz vx. So far havent seen any. Does that mean issue free si jazz vx? I know the price gap is somewhat large though

9. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewpark84 View Post
    Me and wifey decided to change our options and instead choose between honda jazz vx vs the ford ecosport trend mt. I more concerned on the issues surrounding the ecosport like cargo space beeing flooded during heavy rain downpours. And gas tank covers can be damaged by gas boys during refuelling although i havent heard yet the effectivity of its wading capacity. As for the jazz kept looking in the web on issues of the jazz vx. So far havent seen any. Does that mean issue free si jazz vx? I know the price gap is somewhat large though
    I think most jazz owners complain is the low ground clearance. Madalas daw sumayad.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFlakes88 View Post
    I think most jazz owners complain is the low ground clearance. Madalas daw sumayad.
    lalo na kung ang driver ay di nag-syetete kapag dumadaan sa mataas na humps. lagatok ang pang-ilalim... tanggal na ang kalawang. hehe

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SkyFlakes88 View Post
    lalo na kung ang driver ay di nag-syetete kapag dumadaan sa mataas na humps. lagatok ang pang-ilalim... tanggal na ang kalawang. hehe

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast